LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 13 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

herro

On the Ice
The question comes down to:

When skated clean, who will score better?

Phaneuf? Or Lacoste.

Hands down Phaneuf...and there you have it... :bow:

Yea but it doesn't matter since neither of them can skate clean programs.

I would say it's fairer to send Amelie since she's beaten Cynthanny throughout this season (although I personally prefer Cynthanny). They can't base their decision based on potential. Actual results are more important in my opinion.

Man, I can't stop with the whole Cynthanny thing. :laugh:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yes, and both are in a virtual tie with "likelihood" as well.

One wants to send one's BEST SKATER, regardless of anything else, that is what's most important, and Cynthia Phaneuf is that person.

Kissx3

Final Flight

Phaneuf? Or Lacoste.

Exactly, and it wouldn't even be close. But then the odds of either one of them skating a clean program, nevermind two back to back, seem ridiculously poor. And I do feel bad for Amelie who has basically been slapped in the face already with this skate off. Canada is in a difficult position.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Eh, the algebra doesn't work like that. Who cares how they'll score if they skate clean if skating clean is a figment of the imagination? We've been told about Phaneuf's potential. We've not seen a demonstration in two years. We've been told that Phaneuf will score better than LaCoste with the international judges. That didn't happen this season. We've been told that the judges prefer Phaneuf. We've just seen LaCoste beat Phaneuf of friggin PCS. If Skate Canada tries to send Phaneuf, I will be livid.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Yes, and both are in a virtual tie with "likelihood" as well.

One wants to send one's BEST SKATER, regardless of anything else, that is what's most important, and Cynthia Phaneuf is that person.

....if Cynthia's the BEST skater, then why can't she beat an inferior skater like Amelie?

Mao88

Record Breaker
Position After 16 Of 24

1. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 147.65 (FS = 95.93 (TES: 43.84, PCS: 53.09, DED: 1.00))
2. Cynthia PHANEUF (CAN) - 147.47 (FS = 96.71 (TES: 44.83, PCS: 51.88))
3. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 134.49 (FS = 89.30 (TES: 49.05, PCS 42.25, DED: 2.00))
4. Bingwa GENG (CHN) - 127.89 (FS = 80.91 (TES: 37.02, PCS: 45.89, DED: 2.00))
5. Alexandra NAJARRO (CAN) - 117.11 (FS = 80.03 (TES: 40.29, PCS: 40.74, DED: 1.00))
6. Melinda WANG (TPE) - 103.69 (FS = 68.34 (TES: 32.15, PCS: 36.19))
7. Sandra KHOPON (THA) - 103.15 (FS = 67.57 (TES: 35.39, PCS: 32.18))
8. Qiuying ZHU (CHN) - 102.77 (FS = 66.34 (TES: 34.09, PCS: 34.25, DED: 2.00))
9. Chantelle KERRY (AUS) - 102.49 (FS = 70.21 (TES: 37.72, PCS: 32.49))
10. Mimi Tanasorn CHINDASOOK (THA) - 97.19 (FS = 59.96 (TES: 28.04, PCS: 32.92, DED: 1.00))
11. Yea-Ji YUN (KOR) - 96.85 (FS = 64.39 (TES: 33.50, PCS: 31.89, DED: 1.00))
12. Melanie SWANG (THA) - 96.16 (FS = 64.95 (TES: 36.05, PCS: 28.90))
13. Chae-Yeon SUHR (KOR) - 94.95 (FS = 58.41 (TES: 28.47, PCS: 31.94, DED: 2.00))
14. Lejeanne MARAIS (RSA) - 94.34 (FS = 62.19 (TES: 30.20, PCS: 32.07))
15. Crystal KIANG (TPE) - 93.79 (FS = 62.88 (TES: 31.61, PCS: 31.27))
16. Zhaira COSTINIANO (PHI) - 87.26 (FS = 56.93 (TES: 27.64, PCS: 30.29, DED: 1.00))

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Yea but it doesn't matter since neither of them can skate clean programs.

I would say it's fairer to send Amelie since she's beaten Cynthanny throughout this season (although I personally prefer Cynthanny). They can't base their decision based on potential. Actual results are more important in my opinion.

Man, I can't stop with the whole Cynthanny thing. :laugh:

Ditto everything you said here. And I'm in favor of Cynthanny becoming her permanent nickname. :biggrin:

Shouldn't likelihood of skating clean factor in as well?

Exactly. Why should it come down to who'd skate better when skating clean, if nobody's freaking skating clean anyway?

mystichaze

On the Ice
I feel for the Canadians when it comes to their ladies. As much as I like Cythanny (ha!) Amelie beat her here again, even though by the slightest of all margins.

M

mylastduchess

Phaneuf? Or Lacoste.

SO you count 3 popped jumps and a single axel clean?

Last edited:

Kypma

Final Flight

Phaneuf? Or Lacoste.

Eh, the algebra doesn't work like that. Who cares how they'll score if they skate clean if skating clean is a figment of the imagination? We've been told about Phaneuf's potential. We've not seen a demonstration in two years. We've been told that Phaneuf will score better than LaCoste with the international judges. That didn't happen this season. We've been told that the judges prefer Phaneuf. We've just seen LaCoste beat Phaneuf of friggin PCS. If Skate Canada tries to send Phaneuf, I will be livid.

Clean is great and all, but Amélie has beaten Cynthia for the third time this season, in head-to-head competition, and neither is known for skating clean. Shouldn't that count as well, Nadine? I understand everyone has their favourites, but considering the circumstances it's not like it's the first competition of the season in which Cynthia is second to Amélie, and by only a small margin - it's the *third* time. And Amélie is ahead by virtue of her PCS scores here, so, really, if Skate Canada still sends Cynthia... then I'm ashamed of my federation.

(Imaginary Pogue, I quoted you because that's exactly what I think!)

ETA:
SO you don't count 3 popped jumps and a single axel clean?
I think by clean, we're referring to no pops, or at least only one. Pops are costly, too, in COP. In fact, I think this was discussed yesterday - a fall on a 3Lz is still worth more than a 1Lz (which is worth almost nothing after the negative GoE).

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
Well......not Victoria's night either. Hopefully the final group has fewer meltdowns, because the skating is getting a bit difficult to watch at this point.