LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 16 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
I loved Mao's old LP dress, but this one with the Grecian drapery...oh my goodness she looks like some kind of beautiful Asian Aphrodite :love:

Kypma

Final Flight
Amelie had her chance here at 4CC to show SC that she was definitively the one that they should send. She failed. It was a tie. Completely blew it.

Her skate was tentative, she did *not* skate like a champion, she didn't go out there and shut the critics up, she opened the door to even more criticism.

IT WAS NOT A DECISIVE VICTORY BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION. Case closed. :cool:

Nadine, we get it. You prefer Cynthia over Amélie, and that's fine. But your argument goes both ways: if Cynthia is such a better skater, how come she's not beating Amélie by a mile? Sure, you can say Amélie didn't skate like a champion, but neither did Cynthia. And it's not the first time, either. How many chances do you want to give Cynthia before conceding that, this season, Amélie is the better skater in the eyes of multiple judging panels?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Now onto the Americans! :thumbsup:

:love::points:GOOOOOOOOOO CAROLINE (nail the door shut w/your FAB 3R/3R), ASHLEY (ditto, Black Swan!), AND AGNES (ditto, show them your monster jumps and you deserve to be here), ROCK THE HOUSE, GET IT ON!!!!:points::love:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Amelie's victories might not have been convincing, but Phaneuf's losses certainly were. This isn't about personal opinion. I really don't care about either, frankly, though I think Phaneuf's the stronger skater. This is about basic fairness.

I agree with this. I prefer Cynthanny (I am down with this nickname too) but at the end of the day Ameie has beaten her several times this season and had better international results. "Convincingly?" Who cares? Cynthia has not won once, and it is her own fault she hasn't. She gave it away at Canadians by getting level ones and twos on several elements. That is unacceptable at their level. I hope Cynthia comes back strong next season, I really do, but I will be upset if she is sent. It would be, as you say, UNFAIR, and that means something to me.

Wafflecakes

On the Ice
Oh no it is. You only have to look at past events held there to know. Plus there's also some sort of ventilation problems it seems.

I don't buy it for a second. There may be ventilation problems (separate issue if there are) but at the end of the day great, fit skaters rarely have serious problems at elevation that effect performances. Salt Lake City is pretty damn high for a major city and that competition wasn't any better or worse than other comps at low elevation.

herro

On the Ice
Mao's dress is fabulous, but I so wish Kanako would dress more like a senior ladies skater! I'm not a fan of her dresses - the color and the ribbon in her hair make her look slightly juniorish...

tampro1

Rinkside
Amelie's victories might not have been convincing, but Phaneuf's losses certainly were. This isn't about personal opinion. I really don't care about either, frankly, though I think Phaneuf's the stronger skater. This is about basic fairness.

I totally agree with ImaginaryPogue! Yes, Phaneuf has a better look on the ice and can potentially score well, but she's lost every single time to Amelie. For the love of sport and fairness, let Amelie go to Worlds! Let Cynthia go back to Toronto and work on hit fitness and skating to prepare for next year. BTW..both their programs were pretty awful anyway. But Amelie has won every head to head.

herro

On the Ice
I haven't been a fan of Caroline ever, but she definitely converted me with her Nationals performance.

GOOD START CAROLINE!!! KEEP IT UP!

Edit: Oh my goodness! So proud of her!