Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 714

Thread: LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

  1. #526
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    908
    This is not registering... The way this is turning out.... Ashley is the contender? She is the one with the chance to beat Mao and Carolina? not Alissa? Mirai is not competing and the US has possibly 2 contenders heading into Worlds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Well, isn't it funny how quickly things change? Just a few days ago the general consensious was that we were all rooting for Alissa to get top5 again at Worlds and for Ashley to keep up with her, and now we're rooting for Ashley to get on the podium and for Alissa to please, please, please not mess up the best thing that the US ladies has had going in years.

    So proud of Caroline...I hope she is able to take this confidence and come out next year swinging! Especially if the US gets three spots, there will be room for her to go to Worlds, which would be amazing. Has Caroline ever been to Senior Worlds?

  2. #527
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by 100yen View Post
    I was actually thinking of the spiral sequence specifically when writing this Mao spiral has such extension (and the look on her face!) that I don't think it needs to be accentuated with jerky arm movements. Of course, this isn't the only part...I just find Liebestraum to have more nuances.

    But still Ashley was amazing!! No longer the "Almost Girl" in US skating!

    Mao's spiral is very nice but I wish she (and Kanako) wouldn't drop their backs so far so that their legs could go higher...I think the upper body should be at least parallel, otherwise it looks like a kind-of Charlotte which isn't too attractive. Mao's spiral in 2006-2008 is her optimal spiral IMO.

  3. #528
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by 100yen View Post
    I was actually thinking of the spiral sequence specifically when writing this Mao spiral has such extension (and the look on her face!) that I don't think it needs to be accentuated with jerky arm movements. Of course, this isn't the only part...I just find Liebestraum to have more nuances.

    But still Ashley was amazing!! No longer the "Almost Girl" in US skating!
    Well...Ashley's arm movements go perfectly with her music. Mao didn't need to do sharp movements during her spiral sequence, but she could've done something.

    Thrilled for Ashley! And she just gave a very cute interview. Rather rude questions, though, by the interviewer, trying to get her to gloat.

  4. #529
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Caroline medaled!! I think Mao is way too thin. She doesn't have the power she used to have. Very happy for Ashley and Caroline!!!
    Honestly, if Mao would gain 5 pounds, she would be her old beautiful self. She just looks forced and unhappy. Even though she's still a great skater, she doesn't have that effortless quality now.

  5. #530
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,390
    I'm willing to give Ashley a break. I mean, she hasn't won anything in six years as SB mentioned! She is probably not accustomed to those type of interview. And if nothing else, she's probably still in a state of shock!

  6. #531
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910
    And a big to John Nicks. Whatever his magic stick is, it's worked with Ashley. (And similar to Kwan-Oppegard for Caroline).

  7. #532
    Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,452
    Oh my god, that interviewer. I am shaking my head so hard at him. What an awkward and impolitic question to ask someone in figure skating. Ashley is a charming, funny and witty woman. But even she is hard pressed to come up with a diplomatic answer to such a loaded question as "are you happy your rival borked it?" right after the rush of winning.

    On another note, I am going to be unable to sleep for a while now, I am soooo psyched for most of the ladies!

  8. #533
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    So proud of Caroline...I hope she is able to take this confidence and come out next year swinging! Especially if the US gets three spots, there will be room for her to go to Worlds, which would be amazing. Has Caroline ever been to Senior Worlds?
    Even with 3 spots it wouldnt be easy though. If Ashley medals at Worlds it pretty much makes her a lock for next years team. Unless something happens to Gracie Gold she probably is as well. Then there is Czisny, Nagasu if she gets her act together, and Agnes.

  9. #534
    mylastduchess
    Guest
    Did Mao 3A get ratified?

  10. #535
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    Well...Ashley's arm movements go perfectly with her music. Mao didn't need to do sharp movements during her spiral sequence, but she could've done something.
    I don't know....I think adding arm movements would seem very superfluous, especially as Mao's spiral is placed at the end of the program, when the music is quietly winding down. Simple but sure does the trick here.

  11. #536
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Even with 3 spots it wouldnt be easy though. If Ashley medals at Worlds it pretty much makes her a lock for next years team. Unless something happens to Gracie Gold she probably is as well. Then there is Czisny, Nagasu if she gets her act together, and Agnes.
    This in itself is making me happy - that the U.S. team is finally strengthening.

  12. #537
    Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    And a big to John Nicks. Whatever his magic stick is, it's worked with Ashley. (And similar to Kwan-Oppegard for Caroline).
    I keep thinking our American coaches have finally discovered the secret to calm consistency and are sharing the knowledge with each other through secret underground meetings

  13. #538
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Oh my god, that interviewer. I am shaking my head so hard at him. What an awkward and impolitic question to ask someone in figure skating. Ashley is a charming, funny and witty woman. But even she is hard pressed to come up with a diplomatic answer to such a loaded question as "are you happy your rival borked it?" right after the rush of winning.

    On another note, I am going to be unable to sleep for a while now, I am soooo psyched for most of the ladies!
    Seriously. I'll give her credit for her answer because she was all ...."shut up man, happy I won, but still, shut-up." Or at least that's what her eyes said.

  14. #539
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Did Mao 3A get ratified?
    it got a <

    Protocols are up btw.

  15. #540
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I'm willing to give Ashley a break. I mean, she hasn't won anything in six years as SB mentioned! She is probably not accustomed to those type of interview. And if nothing else, she's probably still in a state of shock!
    I agree but I also think that she does need help, and I don't say that with any malice or sarcasm. Nicks cold probably help her here too. I don't think it was a DISASTER but it did NOT hit the right note IMO (and that is putting it generously). I like Ashley (both as a person and as a skater) and she really, literally, needs help. I think 'interview lessons' might be a bit of overkill, but basically kind of straightforward 'say THIS kind of thing' (especially since I think she did not mean to sound as she did or mean exactly what she said).

    So much happy for her regardless.

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •