Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Did Mao 3A get ratified?
    Nope they gave her 3A<

Rinkside
    Aren't medalists usually announced in reverse order? Interesting that they're being announced 1-2-3 here..

Custom Title
    Wait and Ashley's Lutz didn't get any edge calls whatsoever! Not sure if I agree with that actually.

Custom Title
    Mao looks beautiful...

Custom Title
    The end of this season has been so crazy. Ashley has gone from "eh, she's okay" to the champion of a major international competition with a great shot at World gold. Caroline rose completely from the ashes of a burned out career to be an honest to God contender again, also medals at a major international event. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    And a big to John Nicks. Whatever his magic stick is, it's worked with Ashley. (And similar to Kwan-Oppegard for Caroline).
    I literally laughed out loud at this. This is very true too.

ETA: Sorry, not at this- AGREE on Nicks. I was lol at the person who talked about the interviewers skills- too tired to go back and find it but NO disrespect to Nicks. LOVE to nicks.

That was all.

I loved Mao. Always and forever. So sweet and gorgeous. You can tell how much she loves skating, not for anyone else but herself. It's not a chore for her... And great skate by Caroline too! Landing all the jumps was huge, even if the speed and choreo went out the window. =P And Ashley skated very well but honestly not that different than what she did on the Grand Prix. Why the 30 point difference in scores? I'd be curious to see what kind of scores and PCS she gets in France next month. And what was that about the 3rd place spot on the podium during her interview?

skating philosopher
    Protocals are out.

Ashley — All postive GOE --she racked up 10 points in it! WOW. And she got all her levels.
    Mao — 3A was UR :(
    Caroline — All positive GOE for her too! And she got all level 4 spins! That was a goal for her.
    Kexin- finished 4th in the FS. Good job!

Custom Title
    Thank goodness the judges did the right thing and actually awarded Ashley Wagner the win here. I am the first to concede that I felt Ashley was refrigerator break material in the past, but her Black Swan program is made of gold The choreography, details and execution have gotten better and better each time out. I'm growing into a huge fan!

I get Mao is a great skater's skater - solid skating skills, but if the judges awarded her lethargic and error-filled performance here (albeit minor erros), I would have given up watching this event. I found her performance lacking tension. And truthfully, Mao's range as a skater is limited - she can stick to flowing, because her body type/limbs don't give her enough tension/precision to really pick up other styles.

Kudos to Caroline - slow as molasses, but clean as a whistle. Well-deserved brozne!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    Wait and Ashley's Lutz didn't get any edge calls whatsoever! Not sure if I agree with that actually.
    Caroline's and Mao's didn't either. I think the tech panel wasn't watching very closely...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I'm willing to give Ashley a break. I mean, she hasn't won anything in six years as SB mentioned! She is probably not accustomed to those type of interview. And if nothing else, she's probably still in a state of shock!
    Yea that interviewer was a little douchey. Hopefully Ashley will continue to medal (and win!), and she'll learn how to deal with awkward questions.

Custom Title
    Here are the protocols

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Caroline's and Mao's didn't either. I think the tech panel wasn't watching very closely...
    Oh wow, really? I didn't get a chance to look at the other skaters' protocols. Wow the tech panel was really lenient here.

Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    Yea that interviewer was a little douchey. Hopefully Ashley will continue to medal (and win!), and she'll learn how to deal with awkward questions.
    Yes, that is the main thing- being able to just deal with awkward questions.

Custom Title
    Protocols

Ashley: lots of positive GOEs. HUGE marks for her spiral sequence (those hand movements really do sell it).

Asada: Ur'ed 3A. Very little positive GOE for her jumps

Zhang: No under rotations. No edge calls.

Phaneuf: Lost on BV and PCS to LaCoste.

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast