Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Custom Title
    It looks like some of Mao's other jumps (ie. flip) could have been UR'd by a stricter judge. Well, I'm sure she will work on it for worlds!

Banned

late again, wow looks like Ashley really mean it, she wants toe be new US ladies skating star
    unexpected and happy for Caroline

mylastduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    I think it's just that the salchow's a jump she's been working to improve - so she and her coach probably want to include it.
    yeah but its been 2 years and she only landed it cleanly once, I think she needs to put it in her ex. program instead and if it gets better then add it in later

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    Ashely should get 'e'
    Caroline's jumps did not deserve +goe except for loops. It's crazy to give her +goe on 2a.
    So in your view, who really should be getting the medals?

Custom Title
    Ashley skated very well, but still I can't understand how she should has higher PCS than Mao. All she did was crossover and arm movement. I saw her skating live and she was slow. Mao is just so sweet but I can feel she is sad for the score. Any ways, glad for all the medalists, they all surpassed their recent past performance, and that's something really great to see.

Custom Title
    Regardless of the results, I'm so happy that the final group really brought out their A game. It was wonderful to see after a really long, and often tiring, ladies event.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Ashley, Mao, and Caroline. All inspiring heroines today.

I thought Mao's 3A was rotated but her 2A-3T was not. Oh well.. She does indeed need to replace the 3S with a 3T. Ashley and Caroline were both somewhat overscored here.. Ashley in PCS and Caroline in GOE.. I love Caroline but her 2A got mostly +1's and even a +2. Her lutz, which still has the mule kick, got +1's as well.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    Ashley skated very well, but still I can't understand how she should has higher PCS than Mao. All she did was crossover and arm movement.
    Ashley seems to have considerably improved her speed from nationals onward. And it is absolutely not true she only does crossovers and arm movement, she actually has a lot of moves in the field transitions.

Overall, better skating than I was expecting here. I'm glad to see Ashley doing so well...I really liked her programs from the beginning of the season but didn't expect her to be so successful.

And personally I found her quirky interview answers to be kind of charming.

Tripping on the Podium
    I can't wait to see these programs! Will somebody please post links when they are up?

On the Ice
    Re: Ashley and Mao--who congratulated whom?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Ashley seems to have considerably improved her speed from nationals onward. And it is absolutely not true she only does crossovers and arm movement, she actually has a lot of moves in the field transitions.
    I agree. She's actually always had a good number of transitions, and I'm happy to see that in her commitment to upping her game, she not only nailed more of her jumps, but she added tougher combos (3/3, 2A/3T, though she didn't attempt it here), and KEPT her transitions. Many another skater would've watered down the program in order to get the jumps consistent. She didn't, and she's really earned my respect. I was thrilled to see her rewarded for her TR here--long overdue.

Custom Title
    Congrats to Ashley! Her and John Nicks are a great match. I laughed when I heard John Nicks emphatically say, "strong edges, strong edges" at the end. I still would have given Mao the edge on PCS, but Ashley deserved the win. I am extremely proud of Mao and Caroline. Mao, for even having the strength to skate after losing her mom only 2 months before. Caroline, for enduring many hard seasons and reworking her technique when a lot of people wrote her off

Custom Title
    Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am surprised that Wagner managed to beat Asada. She got all positive GOEs, level 4s for her spins, and no edge calls? I guess I'll have to see the video when it goes up on Universal Sports but I can hardly believe it. 128+ w/o a 3-3 or a 2A-3T seems excessively high...

I can't wait for Worlds, though. I guess with this performance Ashley is officially a podium contender. Who would've thought that going into the season? Congrats to her!

I will say this as a devoted Czisny fan-- I bet that if Alissa skates a clean 6 triple program and Ashley does was she did tonight at Worlds, Alissa will place higher. I can't imagine Ashley getting higher PCS than Alissa under a fair judging system. Speed isn't a strong suit of either lady, but Alissa's spins, spirals, and basic skating skills trump Ashley's by a long way. Here's hoping she's able to bring the jumps in Nice!

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast