Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Custom Title
    Looks like only Kexin and Haruka managed to pull off triple-triples (toe loops). Hope Ashley can get something solid and clean in her repertoire SP and FP before Worlds. Didn't think Mao ever had anything in the works and Kanako....doesn't Kanako have a 3-3?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    well on the bright side Mao's 3LZ didn't get the wrong edge deduction, and her 2A3T was is not under rotated, shame on the salchow I think she needs to replace it with 3T.
    She needs to replace the Salchow with a 3Loop-2Loop (taking the first 2Loop in her program out; it's completely unnecessary on that 3Flip).

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Welcome amc987! Glad you decided to join the conversation!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Looks like only Kexin and Haruka managed to pull off triple-triples (toe loops). Hope Ashley can get something solid and clean in her repertoire SP and FP before Worlds. Didn't think Mao ever had anything in the works and Kanako....doesn't Kanako have a 3-3?
    Kanako's 3T/3T is her money combo normally. The 3/3 is a LOT more important to do in the SP to squeeze in that extra triple than in the long, where a 2a/3T would suffice for a 7 triple program. Ashley's plan, where she puts the 3F/3T in her SP and the 2a/3T in the long makes sense.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Kanako's 3T/3T is her money combo normally. The 3/3 is a LOT more important to do in the SP to squeeze in that extra triple than in the long, where a 2a/3T would suffice for a 7 triple program. Ashley's plan, where she puts the 3F/3T in her SP and the 2a/3T in the long makes sense.
    OK Makes Sense. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    doesn't Kanako have a 3-3?
    I heard Kanako planed 3T-3T in the latter half, but poped the second one.

Custom Title
    Really thrilled for Ashley. Given what John Nicks has done to her skating, its like having a new Sasha Cohen, but with the ability to put two solid programs together back to back. I really do think she is a genuine contender for Worlds, and longer term the Olympics.

I think it will be another year before we see Mao back to her best. She has managed to put the disaster that was last season behind her and this year is a season of some solid performances and results. However, if she is going to get back to where she was a few seasons ago, then I think she really does need to put on some weight, drop the 3A once and for all, regain a 3x3 combination, and sort out her 3Z. That's what she needs to work on if she is going to achieve her goal of Gold at Sochi 2014. However, its a considerable improvement over last season. She has basically gone from skater who's jumping technique was all over the place last season to one which can best be described as fragile. However, the momentum is in the right direction
    Last edited by Mao88; 02-12-2012 at 01:27 AM.

skating philosopher
    Mrs. P protocol breakdown. (top 10)

Jumps:
    Ashley: 47.40 (six triples)
    Caroline: 44.54 (five triples)
    Mao: 44.21 (five triples; one UR triple)
    Kexin: 40.06 (six triples; one UR triple)
    Kanako: 35.34 (five triples; one "e" triple)
    Haruka: 33.62 (four triples - one fall (3Z; 3S)
    Agnes: 31.82 (three triples)
    Amelie: 26.96 (four triples)
    Cynthia: 25.97 (four triples - one fall (2A))
    Min-Jeong: 24.79 (two triples; 1 fall (3S)

Non-jump elements

Ashley: 19.21 (Ashley got +2 for her spiral WOW!)
    Cynthia: 18.86
    Mao: 18.74
    Caroline: 18.71
    Kexin: 18.26
    Agnes: 17.46
    Amelie: 16.88
    Kanako: 16.24
    Min-Jeong: 15.61
    Haruka: 15.43

So Caroline and Ashley had the best scoring jumps tonight. Who would have ever guessed this would have happened a few years ago...
    And Cynthia's non-jump elements help keep the score close.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by amc987 View Post
    Hi all,

I will say this as a devoted Czisny fan-- I bet that if Alissa skates a clean 6 triple program and Ashley does was she did tonight at Worlds, Alissa will place higher. I can't imagine Ashley getting higher PCS than Alissa under a fair judging system. Speed isn't a strong suit of either lady, but Alissa's spins, spirals, and basic skating skills trump Ashley's by a long way. Here's hoping she's able to bring the jumps in Nice!
    Not necessarily. IMO, Ashley's TR, CH and IN should beat out Alissa's if they both skate their current programs cleanly. Alissa's LP this season is a dud, whereas Black Swan is actually quite decent.

YMMV for PE.

skating philosopher
    FYI: PCS between Ashley and Mao:

The judges did not give all the categories to Ashley. Mao won in skating skills and choreography, while Ashley won in everything else.

Mao's skating skills are great, so obviously makes sense as her winning choreography.

Ashley performed the heck out of that program so her winning PE (performance) and IN (interpretation) is about right. I could go either or in transitions, I'll have to watch again, but Ashley's program definitely has some solid transitions.

Congratulations to Ashley, Mao and Caroline! I am so pleased with the outcome of this competion that I am doing my happy dance!

Custom Title
    Skate Canada announced that LaCoste will go to Worlds.

There goes all my righteous fury.

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=Mathman;617048]I think you mean, Phaneuf had her chance here a 4CC to show SC that she was definitely the one that they should send.

Phaneuf failed. Lacoste won.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine
    Completely blew it.[/]

Phaneuf completely blew it.

This was Phaneuf's test to see whether she should be sent to worlds despite losing Canadian Nationals. The answer is pretty clear.

Contraire, Mr. Mathman, contraire.

As the 1-time Canadian National Champion & Challenger, it was up to Amelie Lacoste to show not just the doubters, but more importantly SC that they were *not* wrong in placing her over 7-time Canadian National Medalist (two of those gold), Cynthia Phaneuf. And she failed. Once again, her win (if one can call it that) was not convincing. She still left doubt on the table, and that's where she went wrong, doubt.

It will be interesting to see what Skate Canada does...

That said, yes, I prefer Cynthia, but Amelie is no slouch either, and I'll go with whatever the bigwigs decide. Just airing my opinion only.

WHAT A GREAT COMPETITION THOUGH, ONE FOR THE AGES, A "KEEPER" FOR ME!!!! WOW, JUST WOW!!!!!!!

Edited to Add: just saw your post, ImaginaryPogue, I accept it. Cynthia needs to go back to the starting block with Brian Orser and regroup for next year. Here's hoping Amelie Lacoste gets two spots back for Canada, so Cynthia can go with her next year. (:^)
    Last edited by Nadine; 02-12-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    I think it will be another year before we see Mao back to her best. She has managed to put the disaster that was last season behind her and this year is a season of some solid performances and results. However, if she is going to get back to where she was a few seasons ago, then I think she really does need to put on some weight, drop the 3A once and for all, regain a 3x3 combination, and sort out her 3Z. That's what she needs to work on if she is going to achieve her goal of Gold at Sochi 2014. However, its a considerable improvement over last season.
    Uh, Mao skated much better at Nationals and 4CC last season than she did this season.

She absolutely should not drop the 3Axel either. Especially since it is now allowed for women as the solo axel jump in the SP. That jump sets her apart and she has far more mileage on it than any other woman in the World. She should definitely keep working on it, as it is a huge benefit if she gets the rotation.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Not necessarily. IMO, Ashley's TR, CH and IN should beat out Alissa's if they both skate their current programs cleanly. Alissa's LP this season is a dud, whereas Black Swan is actually quite decent.

YMMV for PE.
    Agree with this. In fact, if I was taking odds right now, I'd say chances are not bad that at Worlds, it's more likely that Ashley will end up in a #1-5 result and Alissa in a #6-10, rather than vice-versa. The intl judges love Alissa, but she's got to meet them half-way with a well-thought out program (doesn't have) and cleanly skated (iffy).

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast