Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Custom Title
    Cynthia was given a last chance but she blew it. She has to accept this season as a lesson and continue on with her determination and the new training. I believe she will come back again. She's done it before with years of hard work but it won't take her long this time. May another new Cynthia triumphs again. Amelie is another determined and hard working Canadian Lady. Kudos to her achievements. I do believe Cynthia has more upside with more natural talent and flair and just as much willingness to work hard and make sacrifices for her goal.

A champion uses a disappointment as a launching pad for greater success. Ask the Canadian Men champion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    Wow that's a little harsh. I wouldn't say Alissa has no chance of skating clean. She's been remarkably consistent for the most part.
    What on earth do you term as "remarkably consistent". Czisny for a brief spell was mildly consistent at best. She never did a totally clean LP even during that period (the closest ever was Nationals last year where she had a < and only 5 ratified triples). This season she has been anything but remarkably consistent. Did fairly well her two grand prix events (well not really at Skate America but got a huge home court and "you are U.S #1" gift), bombed the GP final, bombed a pre event Nationals competition, performed mediocre at best at Nationals.

I like her but lets be real here.

In any case Wagner just scored much higher than Czisny has ever scored in an international competition, both in the LP and a point total over two programs. Thus the simple and really undeniable conclusion is Czisny would have to skate much better than she ever has to beat Wagner if she skates the same way.
    Last edited by pangtongfan; 02-12-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Custom Title
    MAO ASADA'S 3AXELS *RATIFIED* FROM 2008-2010:

4 in 2008 = 1 in 4CC LP, 1 in NHK LP, 2 in GPF LP

5 in 2009 = 1 in Worlds LP, 1 in World Team Trophy SP, 1 in World Team Trophy LP, 1 in TEB LP, 1 in Nationals LP

5 in 2010 = 2 in 4CC LP, 1 in Olympic SP, 2 in Olympic LP

The following were downgraded & not tallied up above: 2 in 2008 Nationals LP, 1 in 2009 World Team Trophy LP, 1 in 2009 Nationals SP, 1 in 2010 4CC SP.

Okay, so that's 14 successful out of 19, which means she has had a 75% success rate! (I was 5% off, my apologies)

***Note: I don't have stats for the 2011 season nor now; will have to add these to my stats.***

Banned
    [QUOTE=bekalc;617355]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

Amelie is the Canadian National Champion-not Cynthia. It doesn't matter how many medals Cynthia had in the past; what matters now is that Amelie has proven that this season she's slightly stronger than Cynthia. If medals in the past matter than why not put Kwan on the team and throw off Czisny?

Cynthia-not Amelie is the one asking the Canadian federation to ignore their own Nationals; it was on her to PROVE that she is stronger than Amelie. She didn't do so. This is about basic fairness now.

What about doubt on Cynthia. Cynthia has proven time and time again that she's unreliable. That she's a headcase and inconsistent. She fell twice in the short program, and there are no doubts about her. Sure she could have a miracle skate like she did at worlds. But her skating here isn't showing that's likely. She could also bomb spectacularly. She skates a short program like she did here; she will be so far in the bottom of the pack that even a decent skate won't help things.

The Canadian fed needs to think about what kind of message it sends to their skaters if they play politics like this. Does Cynthia have more potential-absolutely. But what kind of message do they send to their skaters if they play politics and blatently ignore every result this season when it comes to choosing the world team.
    Amelie, when you think about it, might have some real cause to sue; if she's taken of the team.
    Not only that but Phaneuf is going downhill in the eyes of international judges. LaCoste beat her at this competition based on higher PCS shockingly enough. If it were just TES Phaneuf would have won out over LaCoste. Not only is Phaneuf more inconsistent but international judges dont even think she is a better skater anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    And a big to John Nicks. Whatever his magic stick is, it's worked with Ashley. (And similar to Kwan-Oppegard for Caroline).
    Maybe you should try to reword this?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    A Triple Axel with < is still worth it. As long as she isn't getting << or falling on the <, then it is worth keeping.

Custom Title
    OMG Ashley WON??? I'm so sad now I didn't wake up/stay awake to watch!!! Youtube anybody? This is pretty amazing!! I can't wait to watch her in Nice!!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBGCM...fdFAAAAAAAAAAA
    Mao's skate
    I must say, I like her old dress much more

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    people are so fickle
    so Ashley did great at 4CC but doesn't mean we can throw Alissa out of the window now.
    For me, Alissa is a good skater but I've been waiting for someone to come out and attack, someone who really wants it and fights for it. Ashley may be that person. It's just heartbreaking to be a fan of Alissa when she is such a poor competitor and can fall apart any time.

DO NOT INSULT EACH OTHER ON THE BOARD. This is a direct violation of our guidelines and it is NOT tolerated. If you have issues with one another take it off the board or use the ignore feature. Don't resort to name calling.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    MAO ASADA'S 3AXELS *RATIFIED* FROM 2008-2010:

4 in 2008 = 1 in 4CC LP, 1 in NHK LP, 2 in GPF LP

5 in 2009 = 1 in Worlds LP, 1 in World Team Trophy SP, 1 in World Team Trophy LP, 1 in TEB LP, 1 in Nationals LP

5 in 2010 = 2 in 4CC LP, 1 in Olympic SP, 2 in Olympic LP

The following were downgraded & not tallied up above: 2 in 2008 Nationals LP, 1 in 2009 World Team Trophy LP, 1 in 2009 Nationals SP, 1 in 2010 4CC SP.

Okay, so that's 14 successful out of 19, which means she has had a 75% success rate! (I was 5% off, my apologies)

***Note: I don't have stats for the 2011 season nor now; will have to add these to my stats.***
    Since the end of the 2009/10 season, Mao has attempted 15 3A's and only succeeded with 2 of them. Hence, between 2008-2012, 16 successful out of 34 - a success rate of 47.06%. That's far less than the 80% you were referring to and which tallies with what I thought it was.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Not necessarily. IMO, Ashley's TR, CH and IN should beat out Alissa's if they both skate their current programs cleanly. Alissa's LP this season is a dud, whereas Black Swan is actually quite decent.

YMMV for PE.
    I agree with evangeline. Alissa's program is slow and boring. It makes her seem even slower and highlights her cautious skating. I think it was Mathman who said it was like she's skating to her own funeral music Ashley's Black Swan is interesting and keeps you attention. Finally, we have an American lady who skates with attack and consistency! I thought Caroline skated faster and with more attack tonight as well. Hopefully, next season Alissa's team will pick a better vehicle for her strengths. She really is gorgeous and lyrical on the ice. Ashley should now get the marks she deserves and be a contender at Worlds.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    Well...Ashley's arm movements go perfectly with her music. Mao didn't need to do sharp movements during her spiral sequence, but she could've done something.

Thrilled for Ashley! And she just gave a very cute interview. Rather rude questions, though, by the interviewer, trying to get her to gloat.

i respect your right to your opinion, but to me, ashley's arm movements are unaesthetic. even if it goes with the music, unaesthetic is unaesthetic.

as for mao's spiral, i agree that she tilts forward a bit too much in her back--i really do not favor legs hiked up to vertical on spirals--that's not what makes them beautiful--but i have always admired a long held spiral with the arms not waving or flapping. i don't understand what you mean when you said she could have 'done something.' what was lacking or objectionable about mao's spiral? was MK's change of edge spiral lacking because she didn't change her arm position while she spiraled for so-darn-long? not to me. MK didn't even need to change the edge to impress me.

if i may rant a bit. i've always disliked that nicole bobek (a true queen of spirals) would move her arms around and often rest her hand on her hip during her spiral. for me, a good spiral can give the image of flying--i don't need the arm motion, i don't need the skater to do much of anything, because if the skater has a nice edge, decent speed, there's more than enough motion to change the scenery (what the audience member sees) as the skater goes round the rink. unless the camera is zooming in the skater's boobs or boots...

just my opinion
    Last edited by skfan; 02-12-2012 at 03:59 AM.

this is sooo ridicoules, Mao should have won eve with the mistakes... eveN through everyone knows that Mao never was the judges favourite and that she always earn every points she gets, this is soo ridicoules when the judges suddenly boost a skater like they are doing... but i would rather have Mao peak at worlds then now!

GOO MAO SHOW THEM WHAT YOU HAVE GOT AT WORLDS!
    Last edited by mary01; 02-12-2012 at 03:58 AM.

On the Ice
    Judging was really weird...

Ashley's 3-3 getting positive GOEs, Mao getting no 'e' mark on her lutz, etc., etc.,

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast