Whitney Houston is dead?! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Whitney Houston is dead?!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
that was actually a story about himself. But it was a good story.

Looking back at the way I wrote that did lead one to believe that I was talking about Whitney but I knew the story was about himself. I think the point he was trying to make was that they both were a couple of hellyuns.

There is a report this morning from Mike Evans celebrity reporter that Bobbi Kristina got high after her mom's funderal...how sad.

Olympia said:
In Dances with Wolves, he also gave us an actor who became a favorite of mine thereafter, Graham Greene--not to mention Mary McDonnell, who's shown in Battlestar Galactica, Passion Fish, and The Closer that she wasn't just a pretty ingenue.
He also took another risk with the young man that played Wind in His Hair, Rodney Grant. Rodney is an Omaha Indian, grew up in Macy Nebraska and had plenty of demons himself. He was wonderful in the part, and I appreciated Kevin so much for giving us that wonderful story and taking those risks.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
All I've read is what heyang has repeated. Alch. and Xanax and that she was NOT doctor shopping.

Toxicoloy will show whatever..I heard the 3 meds-never said she was doc shopping, but having homes in a few states makes it easier.

Dee reports her Krissy got high after...the girl is in mt every prayer. What I did see was so moving. Witney had many people who adored her, It was meant to be. But hard to accept even for a fan.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Bobbi Kris says she plans to sing and act like her mother. HMMM. This girl cannot sing and has her father's looks. And talk about the worst career for one with substance abuse issues. Amazing.

As I understand the cause of death, she probably didn't overdose at all, which makes it extra pathetic. She just took enough of something to stupefy herself and then fell asleep in the bath. And she didn't realize she was trying to breathe underwater. More distressing: there was a whole host of people on the other side of the bathroom door, and they didn't realize she was drowning. It's perfectly natural that things happened that way. Who goes into a bathroom to check up on an adult? It's considered embarrassing and very bad manners. Then when there was no sound for half an hour or so, someone might get anxious and check, but no one would have presumed to supervise a grown woman taking a bath. Just awful to contemplate in every aspect.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Anyone watch Oprah's special with Bobbi K and the Houston family. It was on yesterday. The interview with Whitney's manager and sister-in-law Pat is heartwrenching and quite informative on what actually had happened that day. One thing I did not know was that Whitney was found face down in the water. Oprah makes this remark in a voice over as the interview continues with Pat after commercial.

heyang

Record Breaker
I rewatched a repeat of the interview. I don't know if I wasn't paying as much attention at the beginning, but I actually found the interview with her sister-in-law and brother more interesting. Or maybe I just heard too many spoilers beforehand.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I think her SIL and brother were enablers. They were on her payroll for 30 years, like so many others. Still, It seems according to her long time BFF, Robyn Crawford who is a lesbian, that Whitney did as she wanted always and was the "driver." Like MJ, Elvis, every other person with the money, people shut up. I'm sure they loved her, but really, they gain if she lived or died. That estate will grow money and Bobbi will be supervised and get it in increments with age. It is so easy to to slip under with sleep meds. I did read she had just been to a doctor for a plastic surgery request and that she failed the medical. I think it was her time. All her music was done. Her child was grown. She had a great life. To us, the partying sounds gross, but she loved to get high and go to clubs, even drank with the daughter. She lived it up all over. I no longer feel much sympathy I'm afraid since the Germaine Jackson thing came out. I thought she was pretty moral before Bobby but I guess not. All too human. I can only thank God for that voice. I am amazed there is not a gospel album with Cissy, Gary, Dionne. i wish she had done music she liked.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Another plot twist, Gary Houston's ex wife said she left him in part because of his drug use. So it really was a family affair. She didn't want her kids around it. MNot only was he an enabler but party partner. No wonder Pat Houston was trying to give vague answers about drug use and making it sound her lifestyle of looking for love in all the wrong places was her "worry." Well, no wonder Gary Houston said little. And they don't blame Bobby Brown as they know the truth. What is really something is how Bobbi will have what money there is in that bunch and how important will it be if she still uses drugs if her Uncle does? And they must have heard her sing, and act? No one has apparently told the poor girl she looks just like her father. How many people want to see her. But better to let her think she can carry on her mother's legacy. No voice, no stunning face/body.

I really dislike this family.

heyang

Record Breaker
Newark, NJ is not known for it's wholesomeness. So, it wouldn't be surprising that drugs would touch the family - especially since it seems that Mom had to travel at times for work. Whitney herself said she was raunchy, but people didn't want to see that side of her. Some addicts do manage to have prolonged periods of abstaining from their weakness - don't want to speculate as to who is 'clean' in the family.

I read somehwere that Bobbi's money is in a trust fund. So, she doesn't have complete access to it until she's 30.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
For those still following the story, Bobbi was arrested for possession of alcohol and her 'brother" with guns I think. Something went down-didn't hear all of it on news. She is now allegedly engaged to 'Nick" the young man Whitney took in at age 12? and she is wearing her mothers huge 15 carat ring Bobby Brown gave her mother. I guess this is not surprising given all the stuff Bobbi witnessed. You are right heyang, Whitney wanted people to know she was "raunchy" and did not go around in sequinned dresses. Someone visiting (age 38) told me she just saw the Bodyguard when they re-aired it post mortem, and she was stunned at how beautiful Whitney was. When I see these videos of when she burst on the scene, she did seem wholesome, and she was compared to when she really descended into daily drug use.

I really loved her voice before she messed with it. There is a tone, a depth, a range, a vitality, plus out of such natural beauty. Her daughter seems very worldly, and I know she was pampered and indulged in every way. Her troubles are magnifying, and it seems she has found a badboy of her own. For those who love gospel and powerful voices, CeCe Winans is the real deal. She is still stunning and talented. I wonder if her decision to not cross over and do the pop thing saved her life and her soul. It seems Bobbi Brown is going to keep her parents legacy in the most negative ways. I am sad to hear this. I feel bad for the grandmother, as it seems no one can control Bobbi anymore than they could stop her mother's destructive behavior. I am sad to see what bad parenting Bobbi got. It doesn't look hopeful at all. I guess this is how she is dealing with her grief. ;(

heyang

Record Breaker
Since Bobbi is of legal age, there's not much anyone else can do to stop her. By all reports, her father is clean and sober right now, but who knows if she will listen to him. I haven't seen anything about an arrest.

As for her and Nick dating, I don't really see anything wrong with that unless they rush into getting married. Without knowing anything about the guy, I can't say if he's a good influence on her or not, but I do think she's too young to get married, especially at this point in her life.

At least they are close in age and you can put their mistakes down to youth.

It's not as though she's dating someone old enough to be her father - like the 41 yr old ex-teacher who is living with his 18 yr old former student after leaving his wife and 3 kids (one of which is 17 and attends the high school he used to teach at.)

Whitney's voice was truly remarkable and it will live on forever in recordings.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Hadn't heard story about older guy leaving family for young one but it happens a lot. Men often will consider someone 20 years younger, as their criteria is usually how the woman"makes them feel about self." Sexy, vital. I have read that women ideally look for man 6 years older to marry. That seems right. I recall being 21 and daunted by 30 year old persuers. We obviously look for solid men. It seems greatly unfair as we age, women are tossed aside, forgotten, not valued. Being middle aged in a society obsessed with plastic surgery youth is dreadful. Why did the good Lord makes male/female brains so seemingly out of sinc?

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
For me, there's a certain ick factor when the younger person is still considered school age. The 18 yr old above has not graduated from high school when she moved in with her teacher - she's studying for her GED because she couldn't take the stares of her classmates. Between his now being unemployed and her not completing her education yet, I'm curious how they will 'live'.

The young lady's father passed away when she was young. So, she does seem to be lacking a father figure in her life.

I know very few 18 yr olds who are really ready to be married. Based upon their appearance on Dr Phil, it doesn't look like a healthy relationship of 2 adults. The couple and her mother were recently on the Dr Phil show. The mother was very upset. The daughter didn't say much. The former teacher felt he did nothing wrong.

Ick factor indeed. I have seen just a snippet of the man talking, and he sounded completely oblivious to the idea of any wrongdoing on his part. No adults at all in that relationship.

As for Bobbi Kristina, I feel she is stumbling down a bad path. It's not going to be a pretty story, I fear. You know, people had a lot of catty stuff to say about Princess Diana during her lifetime, but she was plainly an excellent mother, and after her death it seems that Prince Charles stepped up to the plate (if I may use a baseball metaphor for an Englishman) and became a fine father. Jacqueline Kennedy was likewise an outstanding parent by all evidence. Whitney Houston cannot receive that particular kind of praise, and unfortunately, that was the role at which she most needed to excel.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jacqueline Kennedy was likewise an outstanding parent by all evidence.

I love Jacqueline Kennedy and I've always loved this quote:

If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much.
Jackie Kennedy

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sometimes you can do everything right as a parent and your kid still has issues, though. And you can have the crappiest parents imaginable and turn out to be amazing.

I guess since I'm not there in their shoes, and it hasn't been discussed by family in candid or anything that I try not to judge a person's parenting skills based on what their adult children do. Mainly because I'm seeing my parents deal with "rebellion" that rivals Bobbi Christina's. And it's not their fault the brat's a moron.

Last edited:
That's certainly true, Toni: sometimes wonderful parents can't help a kid who just won't straighten up. Normally I try to be forbearing about judging any parent, for just that reason. But in this case, it doesn't look as if Whitney Houston had much time or attention left over for parenting. It's not that I judge her, but I'm just sad about the prospects of this teenager.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
True, but again - she's an adult, and I believe at somepoint one needs to grow up and stop using their parents as an excuse (I have an uncle who's nearly 60 who is still blaming the fact that his parents did not give him his own room - he had to share a room with my dad, he thinks they should've built a room just for him - on why he's a loser who still lives at home and has a crap job... um... yeah...)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Toni, chronilogically, she is a young adult, but that's it. Bobbi is very much a spoiled child who has been exposed to 5 star hotels and a lot of partying. She is more like a 14 year old, really.