Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Free Dance Sunday 4:45 PM EST

Custom Title
    I'm guessing Veravina is referring to D&W winning streak (continuous wins) since 2010 Worlds when they last lost to V&M. Veravina may be pointing out that V&M and D&W have not crossed paths often since the 2010 Worlds competition, due to Tessa's surgery/recovery. During the period since Worlds 2010, V&M lost to D&W twice (not counting the withdrawl).

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    ...I fail to see why the 2010 Four Continents, which was a couple of week before the Olympics doesn't count...
    Actually V&M and D&W were not at the 4CC before the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. As I recall, Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje won that event. In any case, that occurred before 2010 Worlds and would not have counted as part of the "winning streak".

...am I misunderstanding this discussion? (I haven't read the entire thread)
    Last edited by rvi5; 02-17-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'm still not getting your point then. I fail to see why the 2010 Four Continents, which was a couple of week before the Olympics doesn't count.

And if you agree that the choice of music doesn't, and shouldn't, count in scoring, then I am even more baffled.
    2011...given that V/M withdrew, is it really fair to say they beat them? 2010, neither were at. And since V/M won the Olympics and Worlds after, wouldn't contribute to a streak anyway.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. It's my first post.

I watched the Four Continents Dance LP today......along with the altitude puffing. I felt sorry for them. The results were disappointing for me. V&M won in my opinion because their dance routine was nowhere near as energetic or powerful as that of D&W. Over my years of watching these couples, without a doubt my votes go to D&W, for their interpretation, music selection and sheer strength. The power of D&W is awesome.

I don't know how to subscribe to notifications re threads I've posted in. OK, I've found it.
    Last edited by Sea Shells; 02-18-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Sea Shells, welcome to Golden Skate! We hope you will post long and often! I always am thrilled to see another ice dance fan here.

If you have any problems with the site, please don't hesitate to ask us, either in the Feedback forum, or by PM'ing a moderator.

On the Ice
    You're correct rvi5 - apparently my comment irritated someone. I'll try to refrain from doing so again.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18