Free Dance Sunday 4:45 PM EST | Golden Skate

Free Dance Sunday 4:45 PM EST

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
TanthJLB Just finished up covering the Short Dances for @UniversalSports. What an event! I definitely don't miss skating at that altitude...

Tanith would certainly know!

Something to remember when viewing how the teams skate their FD's tonight. Colorado Springs is seldom a place for people's "Best Ever" unless they routinely train at altitude. And I don't think any of the dancers do.

Order of skate for the FD:

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Corenne BRUHNS / Ryan VAN NATTEN MEX 10 35.93
2 Cortney MANSOUR / Daryn ZHUNUSSOV KAZ 11 25.53
3 Anna NAGORNYUK / Viktor KOVALENKO UZB 9 39.93

Warm-Up Group 2
4 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM CAN 6 48.52
5 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA 5 49.93
6 Danielle OBRIEN / Gregory MERRIMAN AUS 8 40.10
7 Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN 7 45.42

Warm-Up Group 3
8 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN 3 64.23
9 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA 4 63.38
10 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN 2 71.60
11 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA 1 72.15

KKonas

Medalist
The dancers are all huffing and puffing even 5/10 minutes after they get off the ice to go to the mixed zone for a brief comment. So the altitude does affect them no matter how many times they say it doesn't. Unless you train regularly in altitude, it will take a toll.

lmarie086

Medalist
This couple is so voidy. I'm dying, love them!

ETA: Room for improvement, of course, but I really enjoyed them! I see a lot of potential with this pairing, and I think she also has the makings of a diva. I hope they stick together and improve over the next few seasons!

Oh...well I knew their score wasn't going to be very high but I did think it would be more than that. :/

Last edited:
Which one? I like the Kazakhstan team. He's quite gorgeous in black with those long legs and deep knees. Don't like her squat though.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
What was up with the abrupt cutoff between one song and the next in Bruhns/Van Natten's music? Someone needs to learn to crossfade.

lmarie086

Medalist
Spun Silver, if I was the one you were replying to, I also liked the Kazakhstan team lol. They were fun! And the team who's up now, I like their energy. Her dress reminds me of the dress Riazanova wore when she did the James Bond number with Jonathan Guerrio. Not sure why I remember that...but there you go haha.

ETA: Loving all the Michael Jackson they're playing in the arena, I'm pretty sure I heard two other songs earlier lol.

Yes, lmarie!

Hope you enjoyed Uzbekhistan too! What a dominatrix! Loved her. That was a fun number even though it was one-sided in the pizzazz department.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
bummer about Mitchell's fall, the program is quite pretty for the subject matter... not really getting abusive relationship out of it but still...