Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Free Dance Sunday 4:45 PM EST

Congrats to the medalists. Excellent skating from the top four. Very surprised at the difference in the top two. I thought it would be a lot closer.
    Protocols will tell the story.

Custom Title
    missy, I don't think the loss will cost them to do that, any more than the Shibs disappointing (for their goals) skate will. Fact is, they were both nightmarishly exhausted even before they stepped out onto the ice. They were slower than they've ever been (compare this to the short dance).

During the backstage stuff, Tessa and Scott were talking and it seemed like Scott was saying they were gonna be cautious and nail the elements.

Nice will be a walk in the park, like Igor said.

Yep, levels did it. V/M had 3.5 points on D/W. The spin, the steps and the twizzles were judged level three. V/M scored seven 10s, to D/W's six.

jcoates, I was wrong.

Custom Title

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Narumi1997 View Post
    Doesn't Charlie have asthma?? The altitude didnt' help that
    Both he & Alex have been coughing a lot in the backstage clips. It could be dry mountain air, or something else, maybe asthma.

When I think of poor Fabian at Skate America, this seems to have been the year of the Cough, I'm sad to say.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Can the Shibs please win 2014 Olympics? Please?
    LOL with Davis & White and Virtue & Moir no they definitely wont, and thank goodness too. If there is a god they wont even get the bronze there (sorry if you are fan, we obviously have totally different tastes in that case). Weaver & Poje crushing them in PCS was nice to see, totally accurate, and what should have happened at Worlds last year where W&P were royally robbed. Technically they are good but artistically they are one of the most generic and boring top teams in years.
    Last edited by pangtongfan; 02-12-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Protocals are out:
    D/W lost a lot on levels--I've never seen so many level 3s from them in a long time! Their BV was actually less than the Shibs and W/P and even Hubbell/Donahue. The Shibs actually had the second highest BV in the FD today. W/P won on +GOE and PCS, which makes sense given that Alex was not performing at his best.

ETA: D/W got solid GOE. They got a whopping 12 more points that way (all +2 and +3). V/M racked up more +GOE (12.57 points) though.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 02-12-2012 at 07:01 PM.

One mercy, we won't have to hear US sports or the announcer going on about how many straight victories they had at Worlds. Too reminiscent of the year the Patriots won everything except the Superbowl.

It's been annoying me for some time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    Meryl and Charlie were clearly pacing themselves throughout the whole program, which is what you have to do when playing sports at altitude. They were a tad off in some areas (both step sequences, a little late entering and exiting lifts, the spin could have been better, and their edges were not as deep or held as long as normal) and of course they were late at the end. Overall, a fair result. I'll say it again, the event should NOt be this close to either US or Canadian nationals. USFSA and Skate Canada have to bite the bullet and move up a week each, football or no football.
    It's not just football, though. Everything - regionals, sectionals, etc - would need to move up. I'd rather they put 4CC and Worlds back a little more.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Yup, the protocols showed Davis/White lost a ton of levels. Their twizzles were only level 3, the spin, and the circular step sequence. Like jcoates said, their edges weren't as deep as usual, and edge clarity is pretty important when a strict tech panel is at work. The judges still gave them minutely more PCS than Virtue/Moir, though (unlike the SD). However, Virtue/Moir got higher GOE. Hard to forecast judge's preferences based on this, I guess Davis/White still has an edge at Worlds, but it will be close unless someone makes a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    One mercy, we won't have to hear US sports or the announcer going on about how many straight victories they had at Worlds. Too reminiscent of the year the Patriots won everything except the Superbowl.

Being a Patriots and D/W fan I know exactly what you mean, Doris. lol

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post

I know! It's been bothering me as well (I'm still especially sensitive about the Patriots' almost perfect season. 13-1, ugh). Now they can just talk about how they're hungry to get back to the top again.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    Can you please stop making posts with links to your website in every thread? Please stop calling this "analysis" as well, because all you ever do is post the scores and give an extremely brief description of the performances (usually just naming elements).

At least we shouldn't hear how Judy Blumberg is responsible for everything eville in the world.

I just hope Alex and Charlie are both OK. They both looked really ill after their skates.

IN dumped me just before Meryl & Charlie skated, and only let me back on after watching a retirement commercial. I came in just before the twizzles.

Patriots are overrated anyway

So is Keegan Messing

Every mother crow thinks her own little crow is the blackest.

You have to give us East Coasters the right to like our favorites.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast