Free Dance Sunday 4:45 PM EST | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Free Dance Sunday 4:45 PM EST

jcoates

Medalist
I would not be surprised if some of the skaters have caught colds with the short turn around and travel from nationals to this event. Alex certainly looks a bit pale and under the weather. Good for him for pushing through so well.

lmarie086

Medalist
Oh my gosh, Alex! I agree, he skated like a champ, I actually gasped when he immediately fell to his knees at the end. He was so pale throughout the dance, I hope he goes and gets the rest he clearly needs.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Not their best but TOTALLY understandable!! Go Maia and Alex! I believe if they were both feeling 100% they could beat W/P by a silver. So proud of Alex right now...what a trooper!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It seem that last lift, Alex was saying "I'm going to finish this and give it my all." It seem like he spun Maia extra hard — that's probably where the extended lift deduction came from.

It's too bad that they're off the podium, but I have to admire Alex for just finishing and giving it his best.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
It seem that last lift, Alex was saying "I'm going to finish this and give it my all." It seem like he spun Maia extra hard — that's probably where the extended lift deduction came from.

It's too bad that they're off the podium, but I have to admire Alex for just finishing and giving it his best.

Maybe the skate gods were looking out for Alex so he wouldn't have to stand through all the medal ceremony/victory lap/gala and go rest >_<

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he knew they were off the podium, you could tell when he saw their scores.

I love Funny Face for this dance, hate the movie though...

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I selfishly don't want them to so that they will stay in through the next quad... not sure they would if they win in Sochi.

Shibs totally won't win in Sochi. D/W will be there for sure, and V/M will almost surely be there too. They won't improve enough in the next two years to beat those two teams, and there are W/P and P/B too. The Shibs should be looking at 2018 as their year to win.

He skated that program incredibly. I thought he was actually better than Maia. I've never seen that before. I feel as though he's coming into his own in the partnership here and at Nats. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
After Weaver/Poje went mistake-free, there was really nothing the Shibs could do to win regardless of their condition. The judges seem to have made up their minds that W/P > Shibs for now.

lmarie086

Medalist
Maybe the skate gods were looking out for Alex so he wouldn't have to stand through all the medal ceremony/victory lap/gala and go rest >_<

I was actually just thinking that! It's a small mercy on the part of the skate gods, for sure! I agree with those who said they were just waiting for him to puke on Maia's dress. It sure looked like it wasn't far off, poor guy. Maia's a star though, she got him through that number for sure.

Lovely performance from V/M, but I just don't like their lifts as much as I used to-they just scream difficult, difficult, difficult. And they look it, too, not the easy flow I really liked about their lifts in the past.