Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Dance Sunday 4:45 PM EST

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Not their best but TOTALLY understandable!! Go Maia and Alex! I believe if they were both feeling 100% they could beat W/P by a silver. So proud of Alex right now...what a trooper!

skating philosopher
    It seem that last lift, Alex was saying "I'm going to finish this and give it my all." It seem like he spun Maia extra hard — that's probably where the extended lift deduction came from.

It's too bad that they're off the podium, but I have to admire Alex for just finishing and giving it his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    It seem that last lift, Alex was saying "I'm going to finish this and give it my all." It seem like he spun Maia extra hard — that's probably where the extended lift deduction came from.

It's too bad that they're off the podium, but I have to admire Alex for just finishing and giving it his best.
    Maybe the skate gods were looking out for Alex so he wouldn't have to stand through all the medal ceremony/victory lap/gala and go rest >_<

skating philosopher
    Scott looks exhausted!

ETA: Good performance though!

Custom Title
    Top 4 skate in the gala, but frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few withdraw.

he knew they were off the podium, you could tell when he saw their scores.

I love Funny Face for this dance, hate the movie though...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I selfishly don't want them to so that they will stay in through the next quad... not sure they would if they win in Sochi.
    Shibs totally won't win in Sochi. D/W will be there for sure, and V/M will almost surely be there too. They won't improve enough in the next two years to beat those two teams, and there are W/P and P/B too. The Shibs should be looking at 2018 as their year to win.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    He skated that program incredibly. I thought he was actually better than Maia. I've never seen that before. I feel as though he's coming into his own in the partnership here and at Nats. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    After Weaver/Poje went mistake-free, there was really nothing the Shibs could do to win regardless of their condition. The judges seem to have made up their minds that W/P > Shibs for now.

Quote Originally Posted by 100yen View Post
    Maybe the skate gods were looking out for Alex so he wouldn't have to stand through all the medal ceremony/victory lap/gala and go rest >_<
    I was actually just thinking that! It's a small mercy on the part of the skate gods, for sure! I agree with those who said they were just waiting for him to puke on Maia's dress. It sure looked like it wasn't far off, poor guy. Maia's a star though, she got him through that number for sure.

Lovely performance from V/M, but I just don't like their lifts as much as I used to-they just scream difficult, difficult, difficult. And they look it, too, not the easy flow I really liked about their lifts in the past.

Custom Title
    Meryl Davis and Charlie White deserve to win best dressed at least

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    After Weaver/Poje went mistake-free, there was really nothing the Shibs could do to win regardless of their condition. The judges seem to have made up their minds that W/P > Shibs for now.
    Skating lethargically didn't help.

is it me or did D/W start out going too fast for the music? looks like they've slowed down to catch up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    is it me or did D/W start out going too fast for the music? looks like they've slowed down to catch up lol
    I kind of thought the same thing...doing just fine now though!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Davis and White shouldn't win this one.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast