Wohoo American ladies! | Golden Skate

Wohoo American ladies!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Have not seen the LPs but we are back! I knew Ashley would podium, but I expected 2 or 3. We have taken gold, bronzre and fifth place, not to spoil who won if you plan to watch some thing later. We out skated two top Japanese. Ashley is world class. Her two elegant programs, costumes, great season leads her to worlds. Now she faces Kostner but has proven she can beat Mao. The Intl judges approve of her. She is lovely!

Big wishes for Ashley to take gold or silver at worlds. Gold/ silver are between a perfect Caroline or Mao I think. Caro is favored. But Ashley can beat Mao! Ashley I think is strong for bronze or better if they really mess up. This girl may not be the hope for Sochi, but I think she will be rewarded by the judges at worlds if she delivers the goods. I'm happy for her and Caroline. Good job, ladies, two out of three including the gold! This is Ashley's year. So glad to see her attack and all her hard work win. Such a lovely girl, too!:biggrin: I think it looks very good for getting our third spot back-a definite I'd say! Imagine the upset if Ashley skated perfect programs, Caro flubbed, Mao, troubles on axel-Ashley coul take the gold. We have not won worlds since 2006! Granted Kimmie was a better jumper, but...we are due to be back. Caroline does the most difficult 3x3 in the world and Ashley is doing great. I see hope for the USA ladies. Hooray!

Last edited:

periperi

On the Ice
I'm really happy for the U.S. ladies and what they were able to do at 4CC, but I'd be lying if I said I don't want Kostner and Asada to take the top two spots on the podium at Worlds. What I really really really hope for is that the Americans can earn three spots back. The U.S. ladies field deserve three spots.

skfan

Final Flight
I'm really happy for the U.S. ladies and what they were able to do at 4CC, but I'd be lying if I said I don't want Kostner and Asada to take the top two spots on the podium at Worlds. What I really really really hope for is that the Americans can earn three spots back. The U.S. ladies field deserve three spots.

wow, another lost soul who likes mao AND caro. will you marry me? :D

i think it's too early to crow about the US ladies. remember, only one of alissa or ashley is going to be wearing the US crown with it US champ PCS bonus. and that bonus shrinks as distance from the U S of A increases.

i'm glad ashley and especially caroline brought it. especially that ashley put her jumps where her mouth was and went right for the 3-3 in the short. i'm glad i got to see mao's beautiful LP one more time. that's all i'm taking away from this 4CC on US soil

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
And don't forget, Ashley left a few points on the table by not doing her 2A-3T so she could have scored even higher. It remains to be seen if she can get these same PCS marks outside the US...

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
And don't forget, Ashley left a few points on the table by not doing her 2A-3T so she could have scored even higher. It remains to be seen if she can get these same PCS marks outside the US...

Well it was an international judging panel so there's hope. Also-I think they were a bit generous with a lot of the skaters as far as edge calls/under rotations.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Granted Ashley will skate clean, yes she will medal but won't win
she won't have that high marks at worlds to beat Karolina or even Mao

it won't be on US soil to reward her that high PCS, It will be on neutral location
remember last season rewarding Alissa gold over Kostner but doesnt reflect the status for Worlds/GPF
imo, the US tends to reward its own skaters on home ground even more than Canada, the better scoring most of the time I have seen from NHK and Cup of Russia
Euros I would say isn't farfetched as 4CC , especially the recent ones. S/H scoring as high as B/L Euros and now Ashley's LP. LOL

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I sincerely hope Carolina, with her puny jump content, doesn't win the World title. Mao skating well, I don't mind winning.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I sincerely hope Carolina, with her puny jump content, doesn't win the World title. Mao skating well, I don't mind winning.

Carolina can be super fast and doesn't need to bend her back like a speed skater and even with her not so remarkable jump content her PCS will still skyrocket
if she goes clean and the judges will be more than happy to reward her

Last edited:
Brava to the American ladies! All I've been able to do so far is to follow the real-time thread on the forum, but that was so exciting. I don't immediately imagine that we'll take over the podium at Worlds, but I can dare to hope for our three spots back, and that will enable us to send, say, Caroline next year.

I'm beyond impressed with Ashley and Caroline. Judging or no judging, they kept their cool in a pressure situation and also managed to surmount the problems of altitude. As one poster put it, "Oxygen...who needs it?"

I felt absolutely both shocked and aesthetic for US ladies at 4cc! (They've made me unburrow from a long dig-in, what can I say:thumbsup:) Wow, who would've thought that Ashely will take the title and Caroline can medal with clean performances. Winning the World title? I'm not sure yet but surely they'll bring three tickets home for next Worlds!

Last edited:

Poodlepal

On the Ice
YOu go girls! I couldn't stay up to see it on Ice Network, and it's not being reshown yet. Is there usually a delay of a couple of days with that? I don't remember that with the men.

You know what! I am betting on Ashley for the silver or bronze. Figure Carolina--who, after all, can glide fast without bending her back on a single edge or whatever (which is apparently just as/more impt. than jumps with this scoring system) will win it.

Ashley and Mao will come in 2nd and 3rd, in either order. I wish they were sending Caroline and not Alissa. I can see Ashley coming in 3rd and Alissa coming in 11th and losing that 3rd spot! LOL (though it's not funny).

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Have not seen the LPs but we are back! I knew Ashley would podium, but I expected 2 or 3. We have taken gold, bronzre and fifth place, not to spoil who won if you plan to watch some thing later. We out skated two top Japanese. Ashley is world class. Her two elegant programs, costumes, great season leads her to worlds. Now she faces Kostner but has proven she can beat Mao. The Intl judges approve of her. She is lovely!

Big wishes for Ashley to take gold or silver at worlds. Gold/ silver are between a perfect Caroline or Mao I think. Caro is favored. But Ashley can beat Mao! Ashley I think is strong for bronze or better if they really mess up. This girl may not be the hope for Sochi, but I think she will be rewarded by the judges at worlds if she delivers the goods. I'm happy for her and Caroline. Good job, ladies, two out of three including the gold! This is Ashley's year. So glad to see her attack and all her hard work win. Such a lovely girl, too!:biggrin: I think it looks very good for getting our third spot back-a definite I'd say! Imagine the upset if Ashley skated perfect programs, Caro flubbed, Mao, troubles on axel-Ashley coul take the gold. We have not won worlds since 2006! Granted Kimmie was a better jumper, but...we are due to be back. Caroline does the most difficult 3x3 in the world and Ashley is doing great. I see hope for the USA ladies. Hooray!

If Ashley wins worlds it would be the biggest world upset since ... Kimmie Meisner:cool:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
YOu go girls! I couldn't stay up to see it on Ice Network, and it's not being reshown yet. Is there usually a delay of a couple of days with that? I don't remember that with the men.

You know what! I am betting on Ashley for the silver or bronze. Figure Carolina--who, after all, can glide fast without bending her back on a single edge or whatever (which is apparently just as/more impt. than jumps with this scoring system) will win it.

Ashley and Mao will come in 2nd and 3rd, in either order. I wish they were sending Caroline and not Alissa. I can see Ashley coming in 3rd and Alissa coming in 11th and losing that 3rd spot! LOL (though it's not funny).

If Alissa got sick and missed worlds, who is first alternate, Caroline? Who? Thanks.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just don't have much faith in Alissa right now. She has that terrified look on her face before she hits the ice. She could be great and win a medal or flop and finish 13th.