Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Pairs Long Program 2:00 PM EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I"m not even sure how I can respond but by saying Sui/Han doesn't = every single Chinese skater. A couple of years ago Chen Lu was my avatar. And while I prefer the Russian school of pairs skating, I actually did prefer S/Z to T/M. One skater doesn't equal an entire nationality. There are skaters of every nationality, I like and don't like.
    Don't forget that you were annoyed that Kim beat Asada in the 2010 WC LP (overall and on PCS), so the first point doesn't make all that much sense either. skateflower, would you mind explaining that further?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    It's true that quad throws, twists, and triple axel throws are undervalued in pairs COP, IMO.
    Oh, yes, the throw Triple Axel is undervalued as well! I can't for the life of me understand why Savchenko/Szolkowy thought it was worthwhile to train the throw Triple Axel this season. What is the chance of hitting it cleanly? Unless it is delivered cleanly it's not worth more than their throw Triple Flip, because of how poorly skewed the base values are, and there's a greater chance of missing completely (which then screws you over). Even if you do hit it clean, you're only getting about 2 or 2.5 more points. Those kinds of big risk moves are more for teams that need something to set themselves apart to try and bring down the World Champions.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    It's just news, news can be true or false? If the Associated Press has the evidence, it can show it to ISU and please don't play me with false evidence. Though chinese have a history of age issues, it doesn't meaning always and every time.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The article interviewed the ISU about these discrepancies. The ISU presumably was unable to prove things one way or another, because Sui & Han are still skating in both juniors and seniors. If the dates published in the article were correct, Sui is eligible for junior, but not senior worlds, and Han is eligible for senior worlds, but not junior worlds.

As the article also reports, a complaint to the Olympic committee about ages did result in sanctions against a Chinese gymnast over age discrepancies.

It is also true that one year, the Chinese federation sent three pair teams to Junior Worlds, when they were only entitled to send two. This would also be a violation of ISU rules

Banned
    that article is a year old.
    but if speculations are true. Sui is 14 now and eligible for junior worlds.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    The article interviewed the ISU about these discrepancies. The ISU presumably was unable to prove things one way or another, because Sui & Han are still skating in both juniors and seniors. If the dates published in the article were correct, Sui is eligible for junior, but not senior worlds, and Han is eligible for senior worlds, but not junior worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    that article is a year old.
    but if speculations are true. Sui is 14 now and eligible for junior worlds.
    Yes, and I said so, see bolded section above, but Han is not eligible for Junior Worlds, since he is now 22, if the original articles' sources were correct.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19