Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Pairs Long Program 2:00 PM EST

Oooo Peter not happy with Mary Beth and Rockne... oh well, one out of three pairs is better than none of them showing him hope I suppose lol

I really, just greatly prefer M/B to D/C even with the errors. I hope they get it together for Worlds. Their lifts are really coming along I think, as are the twist and connection to each other/the music.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    This music is completely beyond Mary Beth.

Seriously, how can a team where the man can barely stand on a proper edge, or do proper cross overs get 7.43 for skating skills!?! I simply don't get it. And yes, I am refering to John Couglin.

Regarding the 200+ for S/H, it is basically because of their techincal elements. And if D/C can get 59 for PCS, then S/H deserves so too. At least the judges aren't scoring these pairs in the 8's and 9's.

Custom Title
    Darn, my 'puter conked out halfway through, but valiant effort by M&B.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    They are age eligible for Senior Worlds so if the Chinese fed. would rather send them than the Zhangs (or if Pang & Tong arent wanting to compete at Worlds this year) they would go there instead.
    Sui/Han have been getting good results in their senior competitions so its not bad if they are sent to worlds
    P/T again are returnees and has so far miss competing last season and age is not on their side. the Zhnags were injured ?

I loved Marley and Brubaker, even with the mistakes. So glad they got third. I'm surprised Duhamel and Radford almost ended up on the podium. I was rooting for them, but I think M&B deserved it more today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Maybe Caydee should have chosen another sport because as a Pairs skater she is lacking. Horrible lift positions and not good lines or graceful skating at all. She is like a cat on her jumps she does land them but other then that some many other american girls are so much better.
    I don't know what it is for me. I used to not mind her when she was with Barrett but I guess I figured she would work to improve her weaknesses. It seems clear that either she doesn't know what they are or has no interest in doing so. I really have come to dislike her.

I thought it was nice when Marley said 'sorry' to Brubaker and he was like 'no worries'. I really do look forward to hopefully watching them develop for many more seasons.

Custom Title
    M/B are still a work in progress.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    This music is completely beyond Mary Beth.
    I actually think she is doing CONSIDERABLY better with it than earlier in the season, and for someone who is 16 I think that's all one can hope for.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Is Sui really pronounced like zoo?

Congrats to the medalists. I'm happy with the outcome. It would have been upsetting to see D/R medal after that skate.

Custom Title
    the pairs with the highest PCS should've been E/L, T/T, and M/B. S/H high score should've all came from TES, D/C too. D/R skated uninspiringly. The discrepancy between scores is too great in 4CC. S/H should've won in lower margin (Ashley Wagner too)...

Custom Title
    Brubaker needs to stop worrying about Marley. Marley needs to get better at landing. I still love them and they are, together with Donlan and Speroff, my favorite pairs from the US. I just think it is time for Evora/Ladwig to leave. I am sad.

Custom Title
    Seriously, 116 for that program? Am I the only one who thinks the scoring in this competition is just wrong? Over 7 for CH and Interpretation? Stolbova and Klimov got 114 for a much better program at Euros, and they are better skaters than Marley/Brubaker

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast