Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 276

Thread: Pairs Long Program 2:00 PM EST

  1. #166
    Custom Title Gymfan15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    257
    I think Mary Beth and Rockne show a lot of potential; they just need time for Mary Beth to mature and develop. I just hope that Rockne lets Mary Beth take her time and doesn't rush her or get impatient; he knew what he was getting himself into when he robbed the cradle, so to speak.

  2. #167
    Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,439
    Seriously, my hat (not that I wear one) is off to Sui/Han. Despite the altitude/ventilation problems, they attempted possibly the most difficult pairs technical elements ever without any major mishap. When other skaters are passing out and even skaters who train here say the conditions are terrible, Sui/Han goes out there and do something insane. I especially love Han's artistry and flair during the flamenco program. Mas fuerte!

  3. #168
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,646
    It seems clear that either she doesn't know what they are or has no interest in doing so
    maybe her coach doesn't point them out... she's probably still working on getting her to "emote" by keeping her mouth open for the whole stupid program.

  4. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Seriously, my hat (not that I wear one) is off to Sui/Han. Despite the altitude/ventilation problems, they attempted possibly the most difficult pairs technical elements ever without any major mishap. When other skaters are passing out and even skaters who train here say the conditions are terrible, Sui/Han goes out there and do something insane. I especially love Han's artistry and flair during the flamenco program. Mas fuerte!
    I'll eat my hat with you! I don't think they are as bad on the PCS either, like some people here like to portray it. They really sold that program too!

  5. #170
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    ^ That was acting? I thought she was gasping for air.

    Oops, sorry, I was talking about MBM, OP re: Caydee.

  6. #171
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221
    CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THREE MEDALISTS, WELL DESERVED, WELL DESERVED!!!!

    Sui & Han remind me of G&G in terms of being the best pair team in the world at such a young age ; they should easily win Sochi 2014, just as G&G did in 1988 at ages 16 & 20, then again in 1994 as a married couple. (:^)

    Denney & Coughlin can easily compete with the best in the W-O-R-L-D, as they just showed here. Work on that quad throw & quad twist and they too could tie Sui & Han for World Dominance!!!!!

  7. #172
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Seriously, 116 for that program? Am I the only one who thinks the scoring in this competition is just wrong? Over 7 for CH and Interpretation? Stolbova and Klimov got 114 for a much better program at Euros, and they are better skaters than Marley/Brubaker
    where have u been ?
    4CC always outscores the Euros

    hold ur horses until Worlds
    where we'll get a more fairly decent not so above that scores

  8. #173
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    907
    Caydee is just not soft, pretty or graceful. She is hard, determined and athletic but like T/T mentioned the other day modern pair skating is 'ugly'. I look forward to M/B and D/S
    topping podiums soon. They are lovely and if they can manage to skate clean they will start topping gp assignments next season.

  9. #174
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,646
    ok I've got time to shower and actually look like I'm presentable before the dance portion... right?

  10. #175
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Is Sui really pronounced like zoo?

    Congrats to the medalists. I'm happy with the outcome. It would have been upsetting to see D/R medal after that skate.
    It's pronounced like "sway".

  11. #176
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THREE MEDALISTS, WELL DESERVED, WELL DESERVED!!!!

    Sui & Han remind me of G&G in terms of being the best pair team in the world at such a young age ; they should easily win Sochi 2014, just as G&G did in 1988 at ages 16 & 20, then again in 1994 as a married couple. (:^)

    Denney & Coughlin can easily compete with the best in the W-O-R-L-D, as they just showed here. Work on that quad throw & quad twist and they too could tie Sui & Han for World Dominance!!!!!
    I honestly don't see Sui/Han winning in 2014, the gold will go to V/T or S/S.Maybe 2018, if Wenjin's jumps survive puberty.

  12. #177
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    907
    Lol, I did that before pairs but I guess I could use a bathroom break
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    ok I've got time to shower and actually look like I'm presentable before the dance portion... right?

  13. #178
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    It's pronounced like "sway".
    Thank you!

  14. #179
    Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,439
    The protocols seem to confirm it. At 64.68, Sui/Han likely has the highest base value of any pairs program ever. Both their quads were ratified. And all their elements (besides the twist) were level 4. This means they completed the most technically difficult pairs program in history without any major mishap! The curse of Colorado Springs has been broken!
    Last edited by Serious Business; 02-12-2012 at 04:17 PM.

  15. #180
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    829
    I wish Takahashi/Tran could get their jump issues worked out! They do everything else so beautifully; I enjoy watching them despite their errors.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •