PCoSp
Li - he almost drops her on setdown

Score: 107.24, total 167.99 and into 2nd

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Doing this stuff at altitude has to be worst in pairs.

Lawrence & Swiegers

158.66 into 2nd (rats, I preferred them)

Evora and Ladwig (fingers and toes crossed)

3tw Ok

sweeping moves into 3t, both stepout

Amanda down on the throw flip

2a sequence one might have done 1a

Great dance lift as a transition

death spiral good one

spins
really good unison
really really good

Beautiful throw 3Loop!!!

LIFTS so secure on the back spiral for Mark, smooth on the exit

choreo spiral

Amazing flip up entrance lift wild cartwheel out into pair spin

Wow they are not sucking wind at the end like the others

lift from a lunge and down to end; just a hair sloppy at the landing

Don't mean to be mean, but I'm very glad they're not going to Worlds.

Great lifts, though, and lovely second throw.

Nadine

Record Breaker
BRAVO!!!! BRAVO!!! :love: :love: :love:

This music always brightens my soul & puts a smile on thy face. :) Sarah Hughes Olympic LP music combined with G&G's exhibition skate music, one cannot go wrong, and therefore Evora & Ladwig to me have the best music & choreographed program of everybody, including my favorite lifts of anybody in the world. :bow:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
that was the pre-2010 upward swing E/L today... not as good as they've been :no: Hopefully they come back swinging next year.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Is there a name for the move where she puts one blade on his instep and lunges forward with the other foot? Looked cool.

ETA: Oh Lord, is this MBM's music? Sheesh.

Back in the dim distant past, a US team called, I think, the Fotheringill's called it a "foot-on" AFAIR. Not a sexy name, but still pretty cool

They were skating about the same time as Cynthia & Ronald Kaufman

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm glad my fav pair, Donlan & Gretchen, didn't skate here, too terrifying with the altitude problems.

So far so good, crossing my fingers that the final group makes it through without major incident as well. :)

jcoates

Medalist
I wish they were zeroing in on the arena vid screen to show the mini doc they are playing on Tai and Randy.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Is it just me, or does Peter sound as frustrated as ever with American Pairs skaters? He's close to calling everyone lazy and undeserving :laugh: "If you think you're working hard enough, you gotta work 10 times harder."

And just now "They're all out there saying I want to skate my best, the only one I am competing against is myself. BALONEY." Wow... ok, someone give Peter some decaf or something (though I completely agree with him). Sometimes I think the USFSA has overtrained their skaters in the PR department.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm glad my fav pair, Donlan & Gretchen, didn't skate here, too terrifying with the altitude problems.

So far so good, crossing my fingers that the final group makes it through without major incident as well. :)

After Nan Song's near collapse and hospitalization, the Chinese fans are begging S/H not to do the quad throw.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
I think that forcing these skaters to compete at altitude is cruel.:disapp: Hardly anyone in any discipline has had a good skate thus far, and almost every skater looks ready to pass out by the time their program is done. I really feel for the ice dancers who go after this. Some of those FD's are absolutely relentless, and I would not want to skate a jam packed program that high above sea level. I think they sould really re-consider having events in Colorado at all.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
All that PR speak makes interviews totally boring, for almost all skaters. I am so nostalgic for Chris Bowman, Debi Thomas & Elaine Zayak!

I get a kick out of D&W and V&M who at least tell you something about the skating.