Pairs Long Program 2:00 PM EST | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program 2:00 PM EST

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
People are speculating how Sui & Han will do at Worlds but will they even be sent. Pang & Tong have been competing in the last couple months and will for sure be sent if they want to compete. Will they be sent over the Zhangs who beat them in their international events this year.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ha ha Peter nearly cussed on live tv just now... good save, Pete, good save.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
People are speculating how Sui & Han will do at Worlds but will they even be sent. Pang & Tong have been competing in the last couple months and will for sure be sent if they want to compete. Will they be sent over the Zhangs who beat them in their international events this year.

but aren't Sui/Han going to Jr. Worlds ?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
but aren't Sui/Han going to Jr. Worlds ?

They are age eligible for Senior Worlds so if the Chinese fed. would rather send them than the Zhangs (or if Pang & Tong arent wanting to compete at Worlds this year) they would go there instead.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mary Beth MARLEY / Rockne BRUBAKER (USA)

Music: Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor by Sergei Rachmaninov

3rd after SP

3T+1T - she falls on 3T
3FTw - a bit crashy landing
2A - she has step-out
CCoSp - ok unison
BoDs
3LzTh - nice
Li
ChSp
Li
Li
3STh - two-footed, stepout
PCoSp

Score: 116.47, new PB, total 178.89, new PB and BRONZE!

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!! :rock: :clap: :points: :love:

In terms of a "man & woman" skating together with tons of chemistry these two beat everybody out by far, and one can just sit back & relax & enjoy, no trepidation whatsoever, well deserved medal here at 4CC!!!! :bow:

ps: I have shivers, almost cried, they're that charismatic & beautiful....ahhhh.....Peter Carruthers was right when he said Caydee Denney would have been successful in ANY sport she chose (same as John), Thank God they chose figure skating. :)^)

Maybe Caydee should have chosen another sport because as a Pairs skater she is lacking. Horrible lift positions and not good lines or graceful skating at all. She is like a cat on her jumps she does land them but other then that so many other american girls are so much better.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Marley & Brubaker
USA
This costume suits her better than the SP costume-the neckline works

Down she goes on a fully rotated 3t

nice lutz twist

2A she steps out
nice split jump mazurka

spins nice
some not in synch in the middle

death spiral made it

spiral into good 3lz throw

spiral into lift. Rockne is a good lifter

choreo spiral good match

lift
Marybeth has good air position Good ice coverage

lift
another good one

throw at the 3S little step out but pretty good.

pair spin a nice one.

missysays

On the Ice
Did they ever get to the bottom of the Sui/Han age discrepancy? They're still competing and haven't been suspended or anything so I guess ISU never really found any proof about them lying? Anyone know?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Oooo Peter not happy with Mary Beth and Rockne... oh well, one out of three pairs is better than none of them showing him hope I suppose lol

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really, just greatly prefer M/B to D/C even with the errors. I hope they get it together for Worlds. Their lifts are really coming along I think, as are the twist and connection to each other/the music.

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
Seriously, how can a team where the man can barely stand on a proper edge, or do proper cross overs get 7.43 for skating skills!?! I simply don't get it. And yes, I am refering to John Couglin. :disapp: :rolleye:

Regarding the 200+ for S/H, it is basically because of their techincal elements. And if D/C can get 59 for PCS, then S/H deserves so too. At least the judges aren't scoring these pairs in the 8's and 9's. :biggrin:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
They are age eligible for Senior Worlds so if the Chinese fed. would rather send them than the Zhangs (or if Pang & Tong arent wanting to compete at Worlds this year) they would go there instead.

Sui/Han have been getting good results in their senior competitions so its not bad if they are sent to worlds
P/T again are returnees and has so far miss competing last season and age is not on their side. the Zhnags were injured ?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I loved Marley and Brubaker, even with the mistakes. So glad they got third. I'm surprised Duhamel and Radford almost ended up on the podium. I was rooting for them, but I think M&B deserved it more today.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Maybe Caydee should have chosen another sport because as a Pairs skater she is lacking. Horrible lift positions and not good lines or graceful skating at all. She is like a cat on her jumps she does land them but other then that some many other american girls are so much better.

I don't know what it is for me. I used to not mind her when she was with Barrett but I guess I figured she would work to improve her weaknesses. It seems clear that either she doesn't know what they are or has no interest in doing so. I really have come to dislike her.

I thought it was nice when Marley said 'sorry' to Brubaker and he was like 'no worries'. I really do look forward to hopefully watching them develop for many more seasons.