Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Season Scores going to Worlds

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The 2012 Worlds entries are not yet published online. ETA from the Worlds Announcement:
    Thanks! That would explain it... Hehe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    just a little note, Mao Asada had a best short of 64.29 at nhk, not 64.25 as she did at 4cc
    It was Rostelecom not NHK. I thought it was weird that her seasons best would include a singled axel

Quote Originally Posted by Irishflip View Post
    It was Rostelecom not NHK. I thought it was weird that her seasons best would include a singled axel
    that just indicates that through her sp score is one of the best scores this season, it's still far from what she is capable of getting!

Banned
    Pissev said that Zhan Bush might go to Nice instead of Voronov. The final decision will be made after Junior Worlds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Pissev said that Zhan Bush might go to Nice instead of Voronov. The final decision will be made after Junior Worlds.
    that's nice. Voronov is hopeless

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I miss Borodulin. I dont know how international judges will see Bush, even Menshov looks better choice.

So we don't know who's going to Worlds? I thought the ladies were Alissa and Ashley.
    Last edited by verte76; 02-29-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by verte76 View Post
    So we don't know who's going to Worlds? I thought the ladies were Alissa and Ashley.
    Many countries have named their entries already, but the official list isn't up yet.

Medalist
    [QUOTE=TelmoFe;617731]Ladies SP

1. Akiko Suzuki 66.55 (NHK) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zthnRFo4iI
    2. Carolina Kostner 66.43 (GPF) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30fmk...eature=related
    3. Mao Asada 64.29 (NHK) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKVVF...eature=related ---> 4CC

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Hmm, I wonder who Russia will send now? Neither are a model of consistency including Menshov and they all are capable of doing quads.

Menshov did well at last week Cup of Russia Final with quads I believe. So he's in better shape than he was than the beginning of the season but it could be too late for him.

Bush has been less than stellar at his Senior B competitions. He finished with a respectable 5th at JW but he was not clean and only has 1 3axel in his long program. The fact that he is not consistent in the long and doesn't have 2 3axel will hurt him at Senior Worlds.

Voronov season has been slightly better than Menshov and he did have the 3rd highest TES at Euros (tied with Brezina with 74.15). He also needs to dump Morozov, his programs does nothing for him.

Now Borodulin is hopeless. He can't even beat the 2nd/3rd tier Russian men. He doesn't have a quad nor a triple axel. He is in dire need of a coaching change.

But in the end will it really matter? I don't think any of these guys besides Gachinsky can finish in the top 10. I predict Russia will have 2 spots for mens at next yrs Worlds regardless of who goes with Gachinsky.

Edited to add: Bush is no longer being considered for Senior Worlds due to his 5th place finish at JW this past week according to Pissev. So I'm guessing Voronov will get the go ahead.
    Last edited by DobrinFan; 03-05-2012 at 07:57 PM.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TelmoFe View Post
    Men SP
    5. Jeremy Abbot 82.66 (GPF)
    Jeremy Abbott's SP season's best score internationally is actually 83.54 recorded at 2011 Rostelecom Cup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2