4CC Gala Live Watch Thread (starts at 9 EST) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

4CC Gala Live Watch Thread (starts at 9 EST)

sweetskates1

Medalist
Lol yes that is very true. I am already wondering who will break up next season.

I love watching Marley/Brubaker they make me smile. She wears blue a lot btw.

With all the volatility in pairs with partner switches, I Just Haven't Met You Yet is an oddly appropriate choice for an exhibition number, I guess.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
With all the volatility in pairs with partner switches, I Just Haven't Met You Yet is an oddly appropriate choice for an exhibition number, I guess.

I've Met You, but You Skate with That Guy might be even more appropriate.

Roffle!

Pet peeve: when a pairs/ice dancing team separate, the camera almost always follows the woman, even though more often than not, it's the man who goes off to do something. The cameraperson needs to either zoom out, or the director should cut to a wide shot.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Daisuke was stunning as always. And he puts in the 3axel he almost always does in gala numbers, just to remind people that the pop in the FS was a fluke.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Just joining now...I am guessing that the Shibs won't skate because Alex is sick? Or will he soldier through anyway. Does anyone know?

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Yeah, not a particular fan of this version of the song, lol. But man, I just love Caroline. She gives me goosebumps!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
One thing I love about Mao is that she always puts the maximum effort into her exhibitions. They're always done with so much thought and heart. And this piece might be her best gala number yet.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
oh wow, Meryl's hair is SO pretty in this style! I wish she'd do it this way more often; it looks amazing framing her face.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Mao was lovely. D/W had an awesome gala performance to Adele's "Someone Like You". Ashley is about to skate to J-Lo's "On the Floor". She looks very pretty.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
How ironic; on the floor, and so is she. ;) She needs a little bit more sass, and Meryl and Charlie are probably resisting the urge to start some twizzles or something. ;)