Can Takahashi Close The Gap On Patrick Chan? | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Can Takahashi Close The Gap On Patrick Chan?

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Not having read through this entire thread I don't know if someone has mentioned this but I believe Dai had the pin that was in his (ankle?) removed at the start of the season and would therefore not be able to jump that securely. This year will not be his but if he can get the quad back (toe? sal?) I think he will be competitive with Chan again. Just my two pennies.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I wish dai had chance, but math people/scoring experts say in this thread Chan has 3 fall cushion over DAI. (Perfect Dai). This is like Yuna/Mao or Yuna/Joannie -Yuna was way ahead, but Yuna was not on her fanny on the ice. It is the system and the whole trend. If Chan can't skate due to a new injury, Dai has chance. maybe others could beat chan. who tho?

Do you want that everything has been said already many times is repeated again and again, so that it could be reversed and said differently?:laugh:

27 pages. Does anyone REALLY think Dai will beat Chan at worlds? A more honest discussion will be guessing how many points he loses by.

Anything can happen on any given day. Does the number one tennis player always win Wimbledon? The ice is slippery, and humans are not machines. In any case, although I'm rooting for Dai, if Patrick wins, it won't take away from the beauty and quality of Daisuke's skating, and I look forward to enjoying both men's programs. Art or sport, skating is a lot more than a bunch of decimals.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Not having read through this entire thread I don't know if someone has mentioned this but I believe Dai had the pin that was in his (ankle?) removed at the start of the season and would therefore not be able to jump that securely. This year will not be his but if he can get the quad back (toe? sal?) I think he will be competitive with Chan again. Just my two pennies.

It was Dai's right knee.

spikydurian

Medalist
Do you want that everything has been said already many times is repeated again and again, so that it could be reversed and said differently?:laugh:

:thumbsup: Great idea. Let's do that. Let the race to be the last to post begins .... A prize awaits the winner. :biggrin: Shall we also post 10 times a day.. that will increase the probability of winning.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Who will keep track of when the "last" post occurs?
And will there be posts wondering Can demarinis5 close the gap on spikydurian?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
what is the prize? and it is against gs rules to post "rumors" lol! I want to hear it from a mods lips. I am now going to reveal I have magic powers Really. :eek: Lots are superstitious, believe in jinxes. Not so. But some of us are *so powerful* (levity needed in cop discussions -math is boring (yes i was lit. major, sad to say) we can fix the outcome. I have heard the wishes and prayers of Olympia and others, and I have decided to use some of my banked up credit with the skate gods (the real ones-not Scott Hamitup :)

It is done. Despite CoP, rep points and the last matchup where Dai lost to Pat by a mere 30 points, Dai being "elderly" and having pinned joints, a miracle will occur in Nice. Dai will take gold. Now, I had planned on using my *special* powers to cause an upset in the ladies. As you know Caro is due to be crowned. I had planned on Ashley upsetting Caro by vastly outjuming her, but i cannot do everything. So, a miracle will occur in Nice. Just 1, I can do no more until Sochi, where I will use my power to see Plush on the Podium. The judges will have scales in their eyes when Chan skatess. His speed will slow a lot. His transitions will be absent, and he will fall 4 times. Dai will skate well and do the quad. Two perfect programs. He will repeat as WC. No need to thank me. A miracle is needed and i have used up the prayer points. :biggrin:

Back to the important stuff. What is the prize, ??????:hb:

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Me! I am a believer in talent and justice.

Me, too!

Well, realistically this won't happen this year, but only if his quad gets more stable, who knows?! A girl can dream, right?

Please, skating god. Unlike everyone here, I am modest person, I do not want any prize. So listen to me and fulfill my wish, PLEASE!

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ yes but he can close the gap by Sochi, cant he? :)

Back to the important stuff. What is the prize, ??????:hb:

The prize will be that by the end of this thread we will know the truth out there, if Daisuke can close the gap on Chan.
Of course Worlds will have happened by then but anyway. ;)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Oh seniorita, how about Golden Skate gives a ticket to Worlds 2013? We are posting in the forums, so we must be deserving of a real prize, si? Yo creo que si!:biggrin:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The gap to be closed has never been defined in this thread. My compilations on Pg. 14 showed

1. The average gap of all their international scores this season is 9.165;

2. The head to head competition gaps are 15.87@SC, 11.18@GPF, and 28.76@4CC).

They both did very well in their Nationals with Chan putting up near flawless performances while Takahashi had a hot and a cold programs. Chan has the momentum but Takahashi is not conceding and is working on improving his programs.

Can Dai close the gap from 4CC? Absolutely. Those were not his standard performances. I expect both to improve from that event once they are back on sea level. Chan can gain a few points with a good 3Lz combo and even higher PCS with his full energy. Dai should at least get back to his average and then some. He has more room to improve so closing the gap from 4CC should be expected. The question is will he do as well as he did at NHK and better?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Oh, please, SkateFiguring...
You are breaking everyone's heart, not only by pointing out the gaps between Dai and Patrick, but by stealing the 'prize' from us! ^^;

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oh, please, SkateFiguring...
You are breaking everyone's heart, not only by pointing out the gaps between Dai and Patrick, but by stealing the 'prize' from us! ^^;

I was just defining the point of debate and how really feasible it is, unlike the many unfounded declarations of uncloseable 3 falls gap, etc.

The only one who could break your heart is Daisuke. If he did, blame him. :p I ain't got nothing to do with it. :disapp:

As for the prize, anybody can post a "conclusion" to get the debate going again. The last one to post before both have skated their LPs wins.

Last edited:
Oh seniorita, how about Paula gives a ticket to Worlds 2013? We are posting in the forums, so we must be deserving of a real prize, si?

Or...we could all get together and give Paula a prize.

Paula created and sustains this board by thousands of hours of hard work and thousands of dollars out of her own pocket, just to give us a place to chat about figure skating.

Why does she do this? It is her labor of love. :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:

deedee1

Record Breaker
The only one who could break your heart is Daisuke. If he did, blame him. :p I ain't got nothing to do with it. :disapp:

Okay, okay.
Then I will call his coach and tell her, "kick Dai's butt and let him land that quad!"

Oops sorry, I should have been modest. :p

seniorita

Record Breaker
Yes SF :d, soon enough Patrick will be two times World Champion, please at least can we have the imaginary prize:laugh:
Or...we could all get together and give Paula a prize.

Paula created and sustains this board by thousands of hours of hard work and thousands of dollars out of her own pocket, just to give us a place to chat about figure skating.

Why does she do this? It is her labor of love. :bow:
:thumbsup:

Seriously now the consolidation of not being able to watch Worlds live(although I m still trying to go for the lps only) is that I wont miss the fun here this way!!:)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
The judges will have scales in their eyes when Chan skatess. His speed will slow a lot. His transitions will be absent, and he will fall 4 times. Dai will skate well and do the quad. Two perfect programs. He will repeat as WC. No need to thank me. A miracle is needed and i have used up the prayer points. :biggrin:

Rumour has it. People who make ill wishes will suffer themselves.;)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I already suffer, and I was being fascetious. Those were not ill wishes, more like what has to happen to close the gap. Sadly for our beloved Dai. Still, the Skate Gods might favor his humble heart. We are many in his corner, yes?:p

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I already suffer, and I was being fascetious. Those were not ill wishes, more like what has to happen to close the gap. Sadly for our beloved Dai. Still, the Skate Gods might favor his humble heart. We are many in his corner, yes?:p

My deepest sympathy to your suffering! Wish you all the best! But I just don't buy your defence for yourself.

^ yes but he can close the gap by Sochi, cant he? :)

Maybe or maybe not. Patrick isn't sitting there and waiting for other skaters to catch up. He is improving in an astonishingly fast pace. Not every skater could improve as fast as Patrick Chan. There is an equal chance that Patrick could widen that gap by Sochi.:p

Last edited: