Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Elizabet Tursynbaeva

Custom Title

Elizabet Tursynbaeva

i think she deserves a thread of her own fater her success at world junior championship, i put her in my top 6 but i didnt expect her to finish in top 4
    first time i saw her was last year at junior worlds and to be hones i was interested because her coach is Brian then i saw her programs at JPGS and i started following her bc of her not her coach :D and i really love her programs (i know i said that like million times)
    she has such a lovely style and great musicality. she plays piano and violin and i think it helps her musicality, her upper body movement is great, she needs to improve her performance and her spins (not the biellman, its perfect ) but when you look at her at the beginning of the season she improved a lot already, she looked so serious before as if she didnt enjoy skating. thats why seeing her smile and so happy yesterday was so awesome
    one of interviews with brian he said she can do anything, she does 3F3Lo but i guess they are taking it slow this season since she is with him for a year now, there is video of her doing 3A at her instagram, maybe UR and double footed but still its 3A, i dont want to be so invested but i cant help it, i just love her style
    her SPhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL8bF4VdIig and FP and short interview with brian
    i wonder if she will turn senior next year, i want her to and i dont want her to, if she turns senior its 1 more year at seniors before 2018 so she will be known by jugdes more and her reputation will grow but at the same time she looks so little and i wanna protect her from seniors i hope puberty will treat her kindly, i wish the best for her, cant wait to see her growth in years to come

Rinkside
    Video from her mother's facebook: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=354842857996035

Team Russian Silver Foxes gallavich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matmuh View Post
    i think she deserves a thread of her own fater her success at world junior championship, i put her in my top 6 but i didnt expect her to finish in top 4
    first time i saw her was last year at junior worlds and to be hones i was interested because her coach is Brian then i saw her programs at JPGS and i started following her bc of her not her coach :D
    Yes, I also expected her to do well, but I overestimated a couple others & put them ahead of her this time...but that's ok, sometimes it's nice to be proven wrong about someone!

She trained with Eteri Tutberidze's group up until she was 13, so she has had the best of two worlds when it comes to coaches. I also like her style. She seems incredibly sophisticated for her age.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    I like her. And I like it when Orser papa looks so proud. Cute. She has improved her expression a lot.

Team Russian Silver Foxes gallavich's Avatar
    Elizabet will be in the gala tomorrow...I think someone on the ladies' thread asked about that, but there's no way I'm going to go back and find that post, so...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_hfkEmUgAIsP1A.jpg

Custom Title
    Count me in as a fan as well. I don't follow juniors much, so I hadn't seen Elizabet before JW. However, her performances there won me over instantly. I understood why so many people were excited to see her.

I love her musicality, and the innovation of her Biellmann. Wonderful taste in costumes too. If she doesn't suffer any growth/puberty issues this summer, I think she could be ready for seniors. (But if Evgenia and Sima both go senior, I think she has a great chance to medal at JGPF/JW next year. Maybe she should stay for that).

Custom Title
    CBC commentary like her (probably their second fav of junior world, first been wakababy), kurt used the world "natural" to describe her skating style. really appreciate her jump landing. the way how she unfold her jump landing into her program. I wish some fans recorded it.

I came here to start this thread and found someone had already beaten me to it!

I discovered her after Junior Worlds last year. Last year her programs were a little... well, I actually kind of liked the very contemporary long, but the techno Evita was a little painful. I find this year, she had much better better programs/packaging. (Were her programs last year completed before the move to Orser?) Her costumes!! She might have the best overall costumes of any singles lady this year, IMO. Both so nice. And her programs were great. Orser/his team seem to have gotten her to slow down and stretch out her movements more. Overall she shows a lot of expressiveness. I think she's just fabulous. Wishing the best for her in the future. If she improves as much next year on the artistic side as she did this year, I think she can end up a force to be reckoned with.

It's just figure skating thoakun's Avatar
    Now I understand why so many people were excited to see her skate. She is incredibly mature for her age: musicality, style, body movement and costume (some seniors don't even have as sophisticated taste in costume as she does). And seeing Brian looking so proud, nurturing and supportive of his students always make me happy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    Elizabet will be in the gala tomorrow...I think someone on the ladies' thread asked about that, but there's no way I'm going to go back and find that post, so...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_hfkEmUgAIsP1A.jpg
    that was me haha, thanks!! it was beautiful, comparisons will be made, i did it for example, but i liked her version as well, she has such a nice basic skill, she is really lucky to be student of 2 amazing coach at 15, she used to skate for Russia, its really smart move to change to Kaz. considering the field there, it would be harder for her to be competetive internatinoally if she continued to skate for Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    CBC commentary like her (probably their second fav of junior world, first been wakababy), kurt used the world "natural" to describe her skating style. really appreciate her jump landing. the way how she unfold her jump landing into her program. I wish some fans recorded it.
    i cant wait for videos as well, i want to see what they said
    @porcoplane, thanks for the link, i wish i understood what they were saying when i 1st saw her i thought she was so serious person but after junior worlds and watching this video i think i was so wrong, so great to see her smile.i wonder what was she saying something about Yuzuru, Yuna and Javier also wonder what was Denis Ten saying

Custom Title
    that was me haha, thanks!! it was beautiful, comparisons will be made
    Thanks for posting! She has such grace and flow on the ice, and chutzpah to skate to Yuna's version of "Send in the Clowns"! Look forward to following her career progress.

Custom Title
    this girl skated to Yuna's SITC beautifully, tears tears I will start to follow her closely now.
    here is her SP from junior worlds
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DbL...ature=youtu.be
    @0:55s when she landed her opening combo, I think it is Yuna's coach clapping in the background
    I like her change of mood in her step sequence in this SP, such potential.
    here is her beautiful SITC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YP6xqI_x4s
    also her LP flashes of arms, and breathe really reminds me of Yuna, at the time I have no idea about this girl.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r9AYt8TPZk

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    this girl skated to Yuna's SITC beautifully, tears tears I will start to follow her closely now.
    here is her SP from junior worlds
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DbL...ature=youtu.be
    @0:55s when she landed her opening combo, I think it is Yuna's coach clapping in the background
    I like her change of mood in her step sequence in this SP, such potential.
    here is her beautiful SITC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YP6xqI_x4s
    also her LP flashes of arms, and breathe really reminds me of Yuna, at the time I have no idea about this girl.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r9AYt8TPZk
    She definitely reminds Yuna even without Sondheim's beautiful Send In The Clowns. Her movements are so relaxed, elegant and very musical despite her young age. I love her spins, and her jumps have good height for her size. Also, her dresses are very nice (esp. SP). In addition, like Yuna, she is the first lady skater from her country on this level. Certainly, she should be followed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PorcoPlane View Post
    Thanks for that link. She's so serious on the ice, you never really get to see her softer side. You could see her fooling around a bit with Sima and Zhenia during the gala though

not sure if alive....due to schoolwork sunny_stars's Avatar
    She has definitely caught my eye in her past JGP outings this year!

I do hope Brian continues to work with her jumps. Not that I don't like them, but her takeoffs and her arm movements makes me kinda worried.... She did greatly improve on them when comparing from her last year (ex. shoulder hunching during jumps last season) but still, more work please!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast