Page 68 of 129 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1923

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi

Custom Title
    Thanks a lot for posting his freshly-born SP at FOI, giulia! Still a work in progress it looks, but I trust Dai he can pull this piece off come Grand Prix season!

Quote Originally Posted by Binthere View Post
    Will be endless joy seeing him skate programs with content, driven solely by what the music and his heart command.

Custom Title
    This SP is a memorable and melting gift to all the babies, kids and adults who fight against their disabilities in everyday life..

I wish I could see it live!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Binthere View Post
    Oh the river of tears which will flow amongst die-hard fans when Dai stops skating. Hopefully he will crusade with all new shows once this competitive season is over. Will be endless joy seeing him skate programs with content, driven solely by what the music and his heart command.
    I agree, both about the tears and about how happy we'll feel when he can skate free programs for us (and himself) to enjoy.

This season's short program is exquisite; I found the link and was just transfixed. I hope he skates at his best in every competition and is strong and healthy throughout the year.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    This SP is a memorable and melting gift to all the babies, kids and adults who fight against their disabilities in everyday life..

Custom Title
    Dai will be on TV commercial (Kinoshita, one of his sponsors) soon:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-3NL...ature=youtu.be

Here is some info @Kinoshita website, though in Japanese: http://www.kinoshita-koumuten.co.jp/...12_191800.html
    And you can see old ones featuring Dai, just in case you have not seen yet Scroll down a bit please. http://www.kinoshita-group.co.jp/cm_gallery/

Custom Title
    Thanks, Deedee!

Dai's talks about his "Beatles Medley" program. Google translated English.

http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/681884

Deedee thanks for the links!

Rinkside
    His SP is gorgeous, can't wait to see the Beatles medley.

But I just can't handle the thought of him retiring after this season. Trying not to think about it... :(

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Dai's talks about his "Beatles Medley" program. Google translated English.

http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/681884

Deedee thanks for the links!
    Here's the translation I posted on Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi
    Courtesy of yoko71

Sports Graphic NUMBER Issue #836 - Translation

We met Daisuke Takahashi in during his Hokkaido training camp. He seemed focused, yet sometimes showed a sign of joy in his facial expressions.

“I’ve been training hard without lowering the difficulty” says Takahashi, one of figure skating’s leading figures.

The quality of training here is not the only reason for his joy.

He revealed his FP “The Beatles Medley” for the first time during this training camp. It starts with Yesterday, and ends with The Long and Winding Road, including five songs that are very well-known. It is a very calm and gentle program for the most part.

“I would not have picked these songs if it were up to me. They are such famous songs.” However, when Lori Nichol, whom he is working with for the first time, suggested these songs, he was intrigued. “I love these songs, hearing them every single day. Skating to them, and just simply moving my body to them, makes me happy.”

He came upon something he could really put his heart and soul into in the Olympic season.

His following words suggest how much he loves this year’s music:

“I really want to perform this piece well at competitions. I am not certain how many competitions I will be competing in, but at every competition, I will want to skate clean and perform well.”

During the last season, he did not have his FP completed until August. This Olympic year, however, he found something he loves early in the season.

“I am glad that I got to come across this program in this Olympic year.

Takahashi says in passing: “Nothing is for sure, but this may be my last Hokkaido training camp. I try not to think about it because it makes me a bit sad.”

He says no plan has been made what he would do post-Sochi. Yet, he has made Sochi as a goal and an end. Until Sochi, he will spend this special season with the program he felt fortunate to have found.

^Thanks ostile17. It makes this fan happy that Dai is really satisfied with his music choices this season.

GO Dai!!!

Custom Title
    to ostile and Yoko-san!

I have been busy dealing with my real life these days, so was kind of awaiting some gracious kindhearted Japanese fan(s) to soon translate it, actually. Thank you so much!

“I love these songs, hearing them every single day. Skating to them, and just simply moving my body to them, makes me happy.”
    Agreed, demarinis. To know that Dai himself is so happy to have met this Beatles program in the Olympic season, to listen to the music and skate to it every day makes another Dai fan here very happy!

Custom Title
    Thanks again, ostile! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8340933&type=1
    I should run to a nearby bookstore. first in the morning, shouldn't I?

Custom Title
    Why was Daisuke training in Hokkaido? Who amongst his coaches etc. is based there?

Custom Title
    No, no coaches based there, Icd.
    Team Nagamitsu (Dai's main coach since his age 13) does have a training camp in Hokkaido every summer. Because the team's home rink is owned by Kansai University in Osaka actually, meaning the team has to borrow/rent it from the college by the hours every day in and out. So, the team reserves an ice rink for a whole week or so during summer (for most kids can be away from schools), in order to get more ice times (and to get more 'sense of solidarity' among its skaters, coaches, choreographers, physical trainers, dietician, etc. probably).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8340933&type=1

To: ostile, my sincere apologies in advance to borrow some very nice photos of team's camp this summer from your blog without your permission. And please let me know via PM if you don't like it or if not appropriate...I will delete it.

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=deedee1;765871]No, no coaches based there, Icd.
    Team Nagamitsu (Dai's main coach since his age 13) does have a training camp in Hokkaido every summer. Because the team's home rink is owned by Kansai University in Osaka actually, meaning the team has to borrow/rent it from the college by the hours every day in and out. So, the team reserves an ice rink for a whole week or so during summer (for most kids can be away from schools), in order to get more ice times (and to get more 'sense of solidarity' among its skaters, coaches, choreographers, physical trainers, dietician, etc. probably).

Thank you for the explanation. Very helpful.
    Yes, it is very challenging to find ideal training conditions/rinks in Japan historically, so of course very glad for him to have a positive and excellent environment

Page 68 of 129 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 118 ... LastLast