Page 86 of 193 FirstFirst ... 36 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2892

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, deedee1 and Olympia, for your nice messages!
    And I apologize for having rushed into the forum without greeting decently.

You might already have found this as well, so just for the sake of completeness:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1e...hashi-sp_sport

Oh, Scott, thanks for your loving commentary... I envy Daisuke fans in the US who watched that live.
    I was watching an Austrian sport channel and it was so horrible... Third class commentary, just counting errors and scores.
    It was too bad that Eurosports could not afford to buy the Olympics broadcasting rights.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for posting it, pomodorot!

Messages to athletes who compete at the Games @ NHK's 2014 Sochi site: http://www1.nhk.or.jp/sports2/sochi/....html?spid=all

You will find so many words of supporting, encouraging and appreciating for our Japanese figure skaters there. Personally I am grateful to see a number of people posting messages to Daisuke, even after the games were over, and it lights up my heart warmly when I read a comment like this:

高橋大輔選手への応援
    兵庫県 70歳以上 男性 2014年2月26日

宝物は金・銀メダルやタイトルではない。苦しんだその時間と、そこからはいあがった経験。
    支えてくれた師匠、友人。いざというときに頼れる人々。
    もがき苦しむみっともない姿を安心してみせられる誰か。それが財産だと思う。
    高橋くん、きみは苦しんだからこそ、順調ではなかったからこそ、経験という宝を身につけている 。
    きみの人生はこれからだ。ゆくてをはばむものはない。
    To:Takahashi senshu
    From: Male, age: in seventies, Hyogo pref., date Feb 26, 2014

"What are gems? They are not the gold or silver medals. All these hours and days one struggeld. All those hours and days s/he got up on its feet again and fought for it. All those around him/her; such as masters, seniors and friends who have supported him/her all along. All those whom one can count on when needed the most. And those one can fully trust and show who s/he is, even when s/he is suffering, struggling and looking miserable. Such things are the true gems, the fortune of one's life.

Takahashi-kun, you must have struggled a lot, I would imagine. The path you took and have followed has never been an easy one for you probably. However, because of that, you now have the gem called experience in you.
    You are still young and you've got plenty of time in your life. Nothing or no one stands in your way."

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, deedee1, and did you notice that there are 275 pages of messages for Daisuke?!
    One page includes 20 or more messages, that means.... wow!

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Can I send him some message in English through this site? But I don't know any Japanese... fellow members from Japan, please help me

0 Not allowed!
    It seems that the message posting is already closed. But there is another TV program coming on NHK and its site is now open for messages:

http://www.nhk.or.jp/tamashii/ouen/ouen_099.html

You press the メッセージを送る button in the middle to open the form. The first input box is for your message text and the first field below the box
    is for your pseudonym. You do not need to fill in the other fields, I believe.

You can surely write in English. I believe Daisuke understands English quite well in the meanwhile. But if you want, I can translate your message.

0 Not allowed!
    I found several messages in English on the sochi message site. Why not on the other site? Just go ahead!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pomodorot View Post
    It seems that the message posting is already closed. But there is another TV program coming on NHK and its site is now open for messages:

http://www.nhk.or.jp/tamashii/ouen/ouen_099.html

You press the メッセージを送る button in the middle to open the form. The first input box is for your message text and the first field below the box
    is for your pseudonym. You do not need to fill in the other fields, I believe.

You can surely write in English. I believe Daisuke understands English quite well in the meanwhile. But if you want, I can translate your message.
    I try to send my message in English several times but it says something like under 150 characters or something (I don't understand the website, it's all in Japanese). Would you please help me send him the message below:
    ----
    Hi Mr Daisuke, I am writing to you in English because I don't know any Japanese. I want to say I am very grateful for what you have done to figure skating. It has always been a joy to watch you perform. Your passion for this sport will never be wasted. I hope your knee injury will get heal soon. Please have a rest and enjoy your time, you are still very young, you have lots of joys waiting for you ahead. I will always remember you as one of the best skaters I have ever seen. Thank you so much for every thing. Best Wishes!
    ----

Thank you.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I try to send my message in English several times but it says something like under 150 characters or something
    You can send only 150 double byte characters = 300 single byte characters and your message is just too long. Try to keep it short -- although I know it's hard!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Can I send him some message in English through this site? But I don't know any Japanese... fellow members from Japan, please help me
    Meoima, you can also try this one (Dia's blog at his college): http://w3.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/mess...ashi/send.html

お名前 -> your name
    メッセージ -> your message
    メッセージを確認 -> confim your message (if you click 'メッセージを確認', then you probably will see something like '送信' (meaning 'send') next, so please just click it again.

Writing in English will be fine, I think. Hope this works for you!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tripletwizzle View Post
    Quick question- I really want one of those D1SK flags & have been wondering where to get one of them or other Team Japan-themed merch online? I live in the USA.
    A bit too late to reply back to you, I guess. all in Japanese and I have no idea if the following site ever works in US... but still:
    http://www.fskating.net/products/

Says, D1sk towel 2,500yen = approx. US$25

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Meoima, you can also try this one (Dia's blog at his college): http://w3.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/mess...ashi/send.html

お名前 -> your name
    メッセージ -> your message
    メッセージを確認 -> confim your message (if you click 'メッセージを確認', then you probably will see something like '送信' (meaning 'send') next, so please just click it again.

Writing in English will be fine, I think. Hope this works for you!
    thank you so much, I have sent the message, I think it works this time. I am so happy. I hope Dai will be happy, too.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post

"What are gems? They are not the gold or silver medals. All these hours and days one struggeld. All those hours and days s/he got up on its feet again and fought for it. All those around him/her; such as masters, seniors and friends who have supported him/her all along. All those whom one can count on when needed the most. And those one can fully trust and show who s/he is, even when s/he is suffering, struggling and looking miserable. Such things are the true gems, the fortune of one's life."
    That is beautiful. Thanks for the translation, deedee!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    You're very welcome, everyone. And very warm welcome to GS Forum, colourmeblue! Post often, post long!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Deedee, thanks so much for your translation. It's beautiful and reads as gracefully in English as I'm sure it does in Japanese. I've never been prouder of being a Daisuke fan as I am after watching him in this Olympics, in terms of both his fine skating and his character. I'm glad there's a way for well-wishers to communicate with him, because it will let him know how much he is admired and valued.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    ^^

Latest interview w/ Naoko Takahashi (not Dai's sister of course , Women Marathon OGM, 2000 Sydney)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F46HQmthDmg

Page 86 of 193 FirstFirst ... 36 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 136 186 ... LastLast