Daisuke Takahashi | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^AFAI he still is. When Dai made his Morozov announcement Dai said that his current coaching staff would still be in place which included Honda at the time.
Things could have changed since then.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Out of curiosity, is Takeshi Honda still his jump coach?

^AFAI he still is. When Dai made his Morozov announcement Dai said that his current coaching staff would still be in place which included Honda at the time.
Things could have changed since then.

Yes, Takeshi is still his jump coach. :yes:
And that's why most of the times Takeshi tends to speak less during Dai's performances at competitions while doing commentary work on TV, because he would rather concentrate on the technical sides of each elements Dai executes. And as soon as Dai finishes his performance, Takeshi normally does not hesitate to point out Dai's shortcomings such as UR, edge errors, and/or lack in numbers of required revolutions on spins. ;) My belief is without Takeshi's instruction and devotions as his jump coach, Daisuke could never have gotton his quads back after knee injury. And I, as a fan appreciate Takeshi so much. :yes:

And this is the Christmas gift to all Daisuke fans in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94XXyUkSi7c

:yay: Wishing everyone of you, including Daisuke of course, a very merry Christmas! :yay:

starryxskies

On the Ice
thanks deedee and demarinis for the info/confirmation! he's really got a great team going for him right now. really excited to see where the rest of the season and next year takes him.

Yes, Takeshi is still his jump coach. :yes:
And that's why most of the times Takeshi tends to speak less during Dai's performances at competitions while doing commentary work on TV, because he would rather concentrate on the technical sides of each elements Dai executes. And as soon as Dai finishes his performance, Takeshi normally does not hesitate to point out Dai's shortcomings such as UR, edge errors, and/or lack in numbers of required revolutions on spins. ;) My belief is without Takeshi's instruction and devotions as his jump coach, Daisuke could never have gotton his quads back after knee injury. And I, as a fan appreciate Takeshi so much. :yes:

And this is the Christmas gift to all Daisuke fans in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94XXyUkSi7c

:yay: Wishing everyone of you, including Daisuke of course, a very merry Christmas! :yay:

Merry Christmas from me, too! Thanks for that charming video clip, Deedee, and for the information on Takeshi. I admired him as a skater and am thrilled that he's part of Daisuke's team now.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Thanks for the videos. Hard to believe that Dai executed two amazing programs and is not National Champion.
Yes I understand how he lost on paper, but being a Dai fan I admit that I am a little disappointed. Dai's FS
was incredible.

Thanks deedee for Dai's Merry Christmas video, he is to cute for words.

deedee1

Record Breaker

Thank you so much, doris, for just silently posting his performance from last night without saying any words added, which I find truly 'soothing' to me for some reason this morning. I can't fully express my feeling in English, but I sincerely thank you for that.

As I said in the J Nats Mens thread last night, there is no other skater like Daisuke Takahashi for me and there never will be. I truly believe so.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Yes I must bow to Dai's FS... he is so charismatic, mighty and powerful, he even made Morozov infected programs looks good. :jaw:

Good grief! Talk about fulfilling Mission impossible!!! He's da man, da king, and I don't care about COP, I'd give him the gold today. Best of luck at worlds Dai, good time to teach these pups a lesson in Man Skating!!! I am rooting for you!

Last edited:

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Thank you so much, doris, for just silently posting his performance from last night without saying any words added, which I find truly 'soothing' to me for some reason this morning. I can't fully express my feeling in English, but I sincerely thank you for that.

As I said in the J Nats Mens thread last night, there is no other skater like Daisuke Takahashi for me and there never will be. I truly believe so.

I hope you feel better soon deedee. Hugs to you. You don't have to convince me about Dai because I agree.
I have watched his FS about 5 times already, how uber is that. He really skated a Masterpiece last night.
He grabbed me from the first note of the music and I could not take my eyes off of him.

Last edited:
Oh, my stars. What a performance.

The guy skates as if he invented skating, and as if Leoncavallo wrote the music just for him.

You know what's especially wonderful? This is all on borrowed time. He had a career-ending injury years ago, and I thought we'd never get to see him compete again. And now here he is, skating like this. Wow.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
let's talk, is there a translation somewhere? (In any case, well worth watching, even though I don't understand any words that aren't "lutz" or "axel" ;) ) Thank you!

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting this fascinating documentary!

eta: Dai's exhibition performance WOW he always gives 100%, loved this performance to the live music. Glad his encore was Mambo, he was having so much fun with the audience.
Dai is a Rock Star! Thanks for posting the video and the quality is excellent!

Last edited:
Live music! Wow, what a wonderful experience. Thanks so much, Let's Talk. And he gets an encore? Lucky us. This guy really is a skate god for life. I have to be at the office today, and I'm so glad to have this to start the day with. What a motivator.

I'll watch the documentary later today, I hope. A splendid Christmas present; thanks so much from one Daisuke fan to another.

As I'm watching this, I've been thinking yet again how creatively Dai uses his arms and upper body. No flailing windmill arms from him.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks a lot for your hugs and kind words, demarinis! :) Having watched Dai's documentary on TV (same ones let's talk kindly linked), I feel better today.

Priceless moments for me: Takeshi at 4:35, Dai at 6:52, Utako sensei at 6:57 & 7:15, and Mr. Watanabe (Dai's physical trainer) at 6:10 & 7:01!
Thanks to these wonderful people of Dai's team, especially Nabe-san's diamond-like tears at 7:01 has helped me to let my ill-feeling inside of myself go away.

Here is my little wish to the skating god for christmas:
"Please let Daisuke have a skate full of his souls, like the one at this year's Japanese Nationals, on the night of Mens free at Sochi." :yes:

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Dai's interview at World Figure Skating #56. Maybe smb. in the internet will make a fancier translation later:

On the question that he had competed in GFP 7 times, finally could get a gold, but considering his status he might get the gold medal earlier than from the 7th attemp, Daisuke said that he could medal before but this time he felt that he could show himself and do his best.
On the question that at GP this season he could finish only second, he said that at Cup of China he had troubles with his boots and at NHK the competition was very strong with Mr.Hanyu and Mr.Fernandez that he actually thought before the event that he might finish third.
On the question that he skated rather well at Japan Open but at CoC he failed to deliver, he said that yes, it was not good performance of him, he did have troubles with the new boots that he couldn't adjust in time but it shouldn't be an excuse because the skater must skate his best in any situation, he thinks.
The interviewer (A.Tamura) said that his SP at GPF got the high score, he commented that yes, this time he could do it rather well, but his stsq was judged not on the highest level. Then the interviewer added that she heard Nikolai Morozov made some changes in the stsq in SP. Dai said yes, that's correct, and he is aware about different opinions regarding his collaboration with Morozov. He wanted to try smth. new in stsq, but sometimes he feels that it's not that easy for judges to evaluate the level of stsq.
About his FS, the interviewer felt that the music in the second part is slower and less fun than in the first part. Dai answered that he feels quite comfortable in his new FS, before he skated enough fast and fun programs, now he wants to try smth.different. Maybe Shae-Lynn Bourne could look better and more kakkoi in this prog but Dai hopes he can express himself quite well too.
Regarding his feeling on skating in Iceberg, he said that it was a good chance for him to try the Olympic Arena, so next time when he hopes he will come to Sochi, he won't have any troubles or negative feelings since he already knows the place.
On the question about the high competitions at Japanese Nationals, especially compared to some of his rivals' Nationals, like Mr.Fernandez's for example, he said that it only works good for him that at Nationals he can meet so many great skaters. His main task at JN is to make the Team for Sochi and then there he will fight on his own where everything will depend on him and his performance. He also added that now he doesn't know if he skates or not after Sochi. He used the word "skate" in Japanese, so it doesn't necessary mean "compete".

Pics: http://twitpic.com/e/2kvw

Last edited: