Daisuke Takahashi | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

deedee1

Record Breaker
I'm fascinated by the fact that he doesn't cite any ice dancing couples. He names one skater from each team but not the other.

Oh, I did not notice that! Interesting.

I'd love to spend an hour or two listening to him talk about what he sees in each of those skaters, wouldn't you? That would be a master class to remember!

Dai needs to further improve his English right away! :laugh: Or he will be in a B-I-G trouble in answering every single questions you are to ask.

Instead I may suggest you to study Japanese if you don't mind, Olympia. ;) Must be a much shorter way to talk to each other, remembering his English from the past.

deedee1

Record Breaker
...I was wondering whether what some people who love Yuka Sato's skating use to describe her skating: "pure" which for me, has both the "precise" and "clean" connotations.

To me (from my limited English vocabulary):

Yuka's skating=BUTTER!!!!!
Patrick's and Shizuka's stroking=Mercedes benz engines
Mao's skating=cotton sugar candy! :)
Dai's blades=magnetic, addictive, electrifying
Jeff's presence on ice=noble, PRINCE from a fairy tale

When I saw Yuka and Sasha at Stars on Ice Japan tour in January 2009, they looked almost identical; same height and in the same costume, from the upper deck where I sat. I did not recognize which one was which first. But once they started skating, I DID recognize them less than a second because of differences of the two in every aspects of their skating.

P.S. Mind you, everyone, 'vocabulary' should be awlays used in a singular form, NOT in a plural form! ;)

all that

Final Flight
Other skaters he mentioned in that interview are: Stephane Lambiel, Jeffrey Buttle, Scott Moir, Evgeni Platov, Gwendal Peizerat, Olivier Shoenfelder and Shae-Lynn Bourne.

Which interview is this, deedee? Did you already provide a link upthread, or was this something you saw on tv?

To me (from my limited English vocabulary):

Yuka's skating=BUTTER!!!!!
Patrick's and Shizuka's stroking=Mercedes benz engines
Mao's skating=cotton sugar candy! :)
Dai's blades=magnetic, addictive, electrifying
Jeff's presence on ice=noble, PRINCE from a fairy tale

When I saw Yuka and Sasha at Stars on Ice Japan tour in January 2009, they looked almost identical; same height and in the same costume, from the upper deck where I sat. I did not recognize which one was which first. But once they started skating, I DID recognize them less than a second because of differences of the two in every aspects of their skating.

P.S. Mind you, everyone, 'vocabulary' should be awlays used in a singular form, NOT in a plural form! ;)

Those are great descriptions! They suit the skaters perfectly.

Yeah, if you put Sasha and Yuka in hooded catsuits with masks, you'd still be able to tell them apart once the music started.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Which interview is this, deedee? Did you already provide a link upthread, or was this something you saw on tv?

Hello, all that! :)

The interview of this time is from the latest issue of 'World Figure Skating #53', a Japanese magazine which was published right after Nice Worlds.

http://www.shinshokan.co.jp/figure/index_figure.html

I did not translate anything yet, but there are a couple of articles on foreign skaters and/or interviews to them which I think very interesting and would love to introduce to you guys when I have time to do so. :yes: (please be reminded I am a S-L-O-W starter, so you may see them before the next Worlds begins if you are lucky. ;))

This magazine also covers Jr. Worlds.
"Who is your ideal skater you are looking up to?", when asked during the press conference after the Free skate, Joshua Farris answered his is Brian Boitano, and Scott Hamilton for Jason Brown. I don't believe they actually watched Scott's and Brian's OGM winning performances in the real time, though! :laugh:

Last edited:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Those are great descriptions! They suit the skaters perfectly.

Yeah, if you put Sasha and Yuka in hooded catsuits with masks, you'd still be able to tell them apart once the music started.

You could tell them apart if they just skated without music. Yuka's skating sounds like rips when she pushes, and Sasha's sounds like scratching.

deedee1

Record Breaker
This magazine also covers Jr. Worlds.
"Who is your ideal skater you are looking up to?", when asked during the press conference after the Free skate, Joshua Farris answered his is Brian Boitano, and Scott Hamilton for Jason Brown. I don't believe they actually watched Scott's and Brian's OGM winning performances in the real time, though!

It's an OT, but the last weekend and this weekend I have finished watching Jr. Worlds FINALLY! :laugh: which was recorded on my VCR months ago. J-Sports did not show all of them unfortunately; 3hrs each for Ladies and Men, though. Just a short thoughts of mine:

-Of course I was impressed by all the medalists as expected, but among them those who attracted me the most are Zijun Li and He Zhang of China! :love:
-Loved Martin Rappe's jumps of Germany! :)
-Surprised by D10's rather low PCS.
-My jaw dropped by Han Yan's HUUUEGE jumps and Liam Firus' almost identical skating style as Patrick's! :jaw:

As for He Zhang: does not have harder jump like 3A or quad yet, but he can dance! He reminds me young Dai when he won the Junior title in 2002. Am looking forward to seeing how He is gonna mature as a skater for years to come. :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvQg_2TX1Dc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRUDhEM5n-I&feature=fvst

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Daisuke's latest performance from 'Dreams on Ice' show on aired last night :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2xcOIz0RIY

(to be honest, however, this Dai is a bit too much for me...I can't look at him directly even on TV. I am such a shy girl. :eek:: lol I'd prefer Sweat EX)

Do not find video clips of other skaters uploaded YT yet, unfortunately. Will post them in the 'Have you been to any good ice shows laterly?' thread when uploaded.

deedee1

Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VikrDg0YXKE

His interview and its rough translation (almost the same as the previous translation on JapanSkates interview, though):

-About Nikolai Morozov:
"Life is interesting, I feel now. When I heard about it, 'no, no, no?' was what I thought first.
It was right before Nice Worlds. I was preparing hard for the Worlds, so I just let myself away from it. After the Worlds I thought it over carefully and for a long time. Took me almost three months to make up my mind..."

"Considering how we parted ways, I have never imagined we would ever have another chance to work again."

"I am the kind of person who have a hard time to lift up own motivation and keep myself motivated. Nikolai was always very good at keeping me motivated whenever I was in trouble in doing so back then. 'Nikolai can be of a great help with good advice for me towards the Olympics', I naturally thought and decided to work with him again."

"The next Olympic is at Sochi Russia. From my own experience, Russia is such a complicating country in its own way and in every way, I believe. (Even before Nikolai contacted me), I already had a hunch that it would be a good idea to have someone with Russian root in my team in order to fully prepare myself to Sochi. 'His offer must be what I need', I evetually thought."

-About his new EX number to Piazzolla tango:

Narration: "This number is the same as his Free program at 2010 Worlds where Takahashi felt unfulfilld and defeated. Now he has set himself once again for new seasons with this key program which turned out to be the big turning point in his career to decide to continue until Sochi Olympic Games."

Daisuke: "I find the posing at the end very cool and I love it myself. I hope you will enjoy my new EX number."

Last edited:

Hanaka

Rinkside
Daisuke's latest performance from 'Dreams on Ice' show on aired last night :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2xcOIz0RIY

(to be honest, however, this Dai is a bit too much for me...I can't look at him directly even on TV. I am such a shy girl. :eek:: lol I'd prefer Sweat EX)

Deedee1, I understand your feeling. :biggrin: But I had tears in my eyes when he started dancing to the music. I didn't know why I had to cry for the program, (And I'm not one of those Dai-Chans.:biggrin:) but I did. Maybe his emotion and passion moved me.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Leonova wrote in her blog on rsport.ru that Dai is coming to Morozov's camp in the US at the end of July.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I just might have to take a a little trip to Morozov's camp. Is he still in NJ?
No, my dear. In her blog she said they were there but then they moved to Connecticut where they are planning to stay till the end of August. She explained that Morozov spent a lot of time on finding the rink where they can work at nights, because it's the best time to make new programs (no kid-pupils around, etc.), as she said:
http://rsport.ru/blog_leonova/20120703/603531327.html

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Where in CT? It's a small state, and I live there.

Simsbury, perhaps?

Or Yale?

Depending on where in NJ someone is, lots of CT is very close, too, for that matter.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Where in CT? It's a small state, and I live there.

Simsbury, perhaps?

Or Yale?
She said they are in Danbury (Коннектикут, город Дэнбери in the original Russian text). She doesn't specify what rink ther are in.

deedee1

Record Breaker
She said they are in Danbury (Коннектикут, город Дэнбери in the original Russian text). She doesn't specify what rink ther are in.

Let's talk, how many languages do you handle??? :eek: I have always wondered. You must be at least trilingual!
SkateFiguring is trilingual at least, too. It often amazes me that a lot of GS members speaks so many languages, while I am struggling with singular/plural form on nouns and/or subjunctive mode all the time...:eek::

let`s talk

Match Penalty
while I am struggling with singular/plural form on nouns and/or subjunctive mode all the time...:eek::
Haha. You have no idea how many native English speakers don't handle "If only she were here..." and other subjunctive mood forms. Or can't explain to a not native speaker (like myself) why "The United States of America" has the arrticle "the". You are doing very well in fact. :thumbsup: