Daisuke Takahashi | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

deedee1

Record Breaker
:love::love: Thanks for posting, demarinis! :)
Very pleased to know his 3As are stable this season it seems. Hope he can hit them perfectly at SA and other comps. Fingers crossed! Best of luck to Dai and Mao at SA! :yay::party:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting his performances at SA, demarinis! One word: Beautiful! I even liked his SP performance sans jump mistakes now. ;)

A good news to those who are concerned about Dai at SA: he was hitting a lot of jumps including 4T and 3A, and landed them during EX practice, according to reports from his fans in Detroit. :yes:
One thing that makes me sort of 'relieved' is looking at Dai and his coaches in the KdC after both SP and LP, and reading newspaper articles in Japanese, his team, the Feds people and media all seemed to know/understand the reason(s) he 'had to' miss a number of jumps, though his team does not want to reveal it to public obviously.
Whatever the reason(s) is/are, I would like to stay positive as his fans, and just hope Dai and his team not to rush anything and take enough time to fix it or to heal it fully/completely. The season has just started. The Nats is 2 months away. Lots of time. No worries.

For a change, here's a very cute Dai for you all! ;) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq3Gx2KUQ04

Oh and my only complaint should be...Dai I would have loved you more if you could have landed that quad in your actual SP, not during EX practice! :laugh: Get well soon, Daisuke!!!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks deedee! ;)

Nice mini english interview with Tanith, we don't get much of that.

Thanks for all the links and information, Deedee. I will also remain hopeful about Dai's season. There's no one like him, and I will trust that whatever is amiss can recover. He's already done more than most skaters to enrich the sport, but we fans are greedy and want even more skating from him. I will cross fingers that this is what we get. Hope you're having sweet dreams, Deedee!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I have always loved Eurosport commentating. I wonder who she is? She definitely was showing Dai-Love, can you blame her! lol

Thanks for the link!

lcd

Match Penalty
Ironically, I think as Grand Prix Final is out of the equation, it will provide him with a helpful opportunity to really focus and prepare for all-important Japan Nationals

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
^Oh, hahaha! Yuzuru looks like a salesman and Daisuke is like "I just washed my jacket! Yay!".

deedee1

Record Breaker
^Oh, hahaha! Yuzuru looks like a salesman and Daisuke is like "I just washed my jacket! Yay!".

Actually, Dai LOVES washing/laundry at home. And cleaning. ;) His room, both at home and a hotel room while attending competitions, is always neat and tidy they say. lol

deedee1

Record Breaker
Very interesting article about Daisukes motivation for Sochi and his results at SA.

http://www.daisuketakahashi.org/2013-11-1-nikkei-article.html

Thanks a lot for sharing the article, MaiKatze! Very interesting, indeed. :yes:

Shizuka during broadcast at Skate America did admit that the change of his skating boots must be one of the reasons he had to struggle with jumps, and I was wondering when it was. Now it's clear it was late September, and went back to his old Graf boots, which he used to skate with up until 2010-11 season, from Edea. As for blades, Dai seems to change it every season: IIRC, in 2011-12 season he changed to Gold Seal, then Pattern 99 in 2012-13 season, now back to Phantom. just wow...my question: Do skaters change its blade that often and are able to skate, say, decent enough at competitions at this elite level???

Dai probably is not a born strong/fierce competitor a la Plushenko, but I love Dai is always honest with himself by admitting his weakness/shortcomings and tries to be stronger. Oh, and I also love Nikolai's scolding part. ;) That's exactly Nikolai's role to 'mentally' push Dai, who is too sensitive/sentimental sometimes. I am so glad he is on Dai's team in this Olympic season. :yes: Well done Nikolai!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Dai probably is not a born strong/fierce competitor a la Plushenko, but I love Dai is always honest with himself by admitting his weakness/shortcomings and tries to be stronger. Oh, and I also love Nikolai's scolding part. ;) That's exactly Nikolai's role to 'mentally' push Dai, who is too sensitive/sentimental sometimes. I am so glad he is on Dai's team in this Olympic season. :yes: Well done Nikolai!

That's what I thought when I read the article. I wondered why Daisuke didn't seem that disappointed after his skates. He looked like it wasn't a big deal to him. I always thought the move to Morozov was not that a good idea, but I think when it comes to pushing Daisuke it is the best that he has someone who won't hold back and tell him to pull himself together. I'm glad, and I don't know I just feel that he will be much better at NHK!