Daisuke Takahashi | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Yes, Congratulations! But I'm happy this season is over. Please let him rest now and come back stronger than ever. He looked so exhausted....:think:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^This!

I thought most of the men looked tired and exhausted, long season.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
How can anyone not love Daisuke? I will surely not follow fs the way I do now, after he retires. He was amazing in the WTT Gala. I realized another reason why I love him so much. I think his body is amazing. The proportions are just right. Muscles in all the right places not buff, but not the gangly thin type either! I prefer his body to all the other male skaters around. And with figure skating being focused so much on the whole body it is no wonder that he's on top!

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Thanks deedee I had not see that clip! Double YATTA for sure let's talk!!

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing let's talk, and thank you to yok71 for the translation, much appreciated.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Big Thank You to yoko71 from me, too! :)

It wasn't written in the main article (written under his photo). But looking back this season filled with ups and downs, Dai also says:

"Whenever I was about to become 'Tengu' (=boaster/high nosed/over confident) [upon big success/having achieved something remarkable], some other incidents happened, as if to stop me from being such a person and reminded me who I was after all."

I love his honesty and humbleness. :yes:

demarinis5

Record Breaker
^Thank you for sharing this great video, so well done.

Thank you so much to the uploader!

Thanks for sharing all the links and translations, everyone. I haven't been able to spend much time on GS this week, with work stress, and the news from Boston was so frightening and sad that I sort of lost energy. I should have come here right away: seeing Dai and his fellow skaters always lifts the spirits, just as their skating helped so many people after the earthquake two years ago. When one is surrounded by darkness, one should look for light.

I'm glad the skaters could have a less stressful event for their final competition of the season. It sounds like a lot of fun to contend as a team, especially (in the case of the Japanese skaters) on home turf where the crowd could buoy them up and express thanks for the season's good work. Now I hope they all REST!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Has this been posted already? :biggrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3vE8R7Jyx8

Sorry for double post if already. And its uploader...is that you, Let's talk? ;)
Me! As you know video/photos are not allowed, so I sneaked :slink: to the sector L with less staffers to paparazzi some stuff during zamboni time. I was partly surprised to see so many banners. Crowded! I think the number of Dai fans grew up considerably during last two seasons and now he is the most popular figure-skater in Japan, even more popular than Mao. I couldn't video Mao's banners because on Saturday they sell tickets for sector L, so there were people with tickets. And to film from my seats was absolutely impossible- staffers all around. But I assure you banners were like 10 or even less. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XzkHFq26RM

fantastic team and fantastic captain!!

thanks to the uploader!

is sweet Nanami the lady at 7:44?
She is. She did the group number for Team Japan last year and this year as well.

What Dai is doing with Kana's hair here? ;): https://twitter.com/ka1_gl23/status/325654658989322240/photo/1

ostile17

Rinkside
Me! As you know video/photos are not allowed, so I sneaked :slink: to the sector L with less staffers to paparazzi some stuff during zamboni time. I was partly surprised to see so many banners. Crowded! I think the number of Dai fans grew up considerably during last two seasons and now he is the most popular figure-skater in Japan, even more popular than Mao. I couldn't video Mao's banners because on Saturday they sell tickets for sector L, so there were people with tickets. And to film from my seats was absolutely impossible- staffers all around. But I assure you banners were like 10 or even less. :)
She is. She did the group number for Team Japan last year and this year as well.

What Dai is doing with Kana's hair here? ;): https://twitter.com/ka1_gl23/status/325654658989322240/photo/1

:laugh: Taka seems wondering the same.