Daisuke Takahashi | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Laughing Man

Rinkside
Laughing Man -Thanks for the explanation of what Dai said after his LP. Funny he did not mention one thing about his boots.
I wonder if that was just a rumour.

According to lots of hard core Dai fans, his boots issue seems to be true. But I have no idea where they got that info from...plus as far as I know, Dai himself has never mentioned he had problems because of renewing his boots in the past in public for any competition. Maybe his coaches might've mentioned it, but he always keeps himself from making excuses of any kind like that.

In addition to this, in the article I breifly introduced, Dai mentioned he was in good condition during 6 min practice, and he seemed to have been doing well in official practice too. So, while it's easy to assume he might've had problems with his new boots, I imagine Dai doesn't think so at all.

The thing which is very special about Dai is that he never blames anyone nor anything but himself when he doesn't do well. Plus even when he wins, he tends to talk about some minor mistakes determined to fix them by his next competition, rather than complimenting himself for performances which seemed fab for most viewers. I think that's another reason many people like him so much. Actually almost all Jpnse figure skaters are like that, but a fascinating top skater like Dai being like that is something I find very rare. He smiles alot in most interviews so you may not get that kind of impression, but he's always trying to be better than he already is. He's a perfectionist.

Anyways, seeing how he skated in the gala at 4CC was more than enough to make me sure he'll be all right. I felt he was really up to proving he's not finished at all yet, and I think he succeeded in doing that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1nsUgJhSU

Btw, I saw this EX in the gala for Japan Open in the beginning of the season live in front of my eyes, and it was obviously THE best performance amongst all. The speed, the energy, the passion...every bit of it was to die for! :clap:

deedee1

Record Breaker
In the meantime, here is an update on ongoing fundraising campaign to save Rinkai Sports Centre Ice Rink in Osaka:
http://rinkai.rocket3.net/index.html

Wow, 143 million yen!
Someone who is SAINT and VERY RICH must have donated a big money. :hb: Don't know his/her/thier name(s), but THANK YOU! :bow:
It's been reported they need to collect 150 milion yen by the end of December. Only 7 million yen to go. Almost almost! :yes:

With reference to the fundraising campaign above, Daisuke has visited the Governor of Osaka today, and made the donation of the completed 150 million-yen, which was previously requested by the Governor in order to save the rink.

-from Osaka prefecture's blog:http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/osakapref_blog
-fundraising campaign, the Rinkai Sports Rink website: http://rinkai.rocket3.net/index.html
-Dai's blog today: http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/2013/02/post_63.html

Sorry I have no time for translation but in his blog entry Dai sounds positive and in more-uplifted feeling! :)
You guys will be surprised if you open Osaka Pref. OFFICIAL blog, though. :biggrin:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
That is great news that the money has been raised to save the Rink.

Thanks for the updates and links, deedee, especially Dai's blog! In the last paragraph (google translation) Dai says that he wanted to continue
training after 4CC but his team advised him to take a short rest so he will be refreshed for Worlds. Good advice.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Morozov gave an interview to the Russian radio "Echo of Moscow". Nothing super radically new, I translated the parts where Dai was mentioned:
www.echo.msk.ru/programs/sportchanel/1010480-echo/#video

- What happened to Daisuke Takahashi at 4CC?

- He was tired. The last three tournaments were rather tough because in all of them he faced his countryman Yuzuru, who is young, who comes to the tournament and wants to dominate and to win. He (Daisuke) was physically and mentally tired. I think that 4CC was quite hard event for him. At the end of December Japanese Nationals took place where Daisuke Takahashi skated very well. The result this time was just physical and mental fatigue.

- Why did you change his SP?

- SP was changed because from the beginning of this season the original SP had not been evaluated by the judges they way we would like. Also, it was with fast music, and a very difficult prog, i.e phisycally it was rather tough to skate on the following day a FS after the fast and challenging SP. So, we decided to change it.

- When I was watching his SP "Moonlight Sonata", and I love this music, I had the feeling that he wanted to skater faster than the rhythm of the Moonlight Sonata suggests.

- You know, it was his first performance of this prog, he simply hasn't "in-skated" it well enough. We made it just in January. There was no time to get used to this SP, to train it. By the time of the Worlds it will be a completely different picture.

- How do you manage it to train Takahashi, Amodio and Voronov?

- (part of the answer, only about Daisuke) Daisuke once came to Russia, and I too went to Japan. He is an experienced athlete who took part in a lot of competitions. This year he was preparing for some tournaments by himself because I had no time to go to Japan, and he couldn't visit Russia. The thing is he performed in China and Japan. It's not easy physically to fly to Russia and deal with jet lag. It takes you 4-5- days to get back to normal. Therefore, this year is some kind of test year for us, so we made this schedule, and I help him as much as I can. But of course from the following year the things will be different. Now we have already set our training time in the U.S. before the World Cup- from the 20th we will start our preparation for WC in the US.

- Knowing that most of your athletes are Russian, may I suggest that Daisuke will settle in Novogorsk for training just like Amodio did?

- Yes, you may. He was in Novogorsk this year. Starting next year he'll be spending there a lot of time.

- By the way, in press releases during 4CC Takahashi said that he needs to stabilize his quad. How are you going to do that?

- It is a must to stabilize it. Why no stable quad? There's a couple of reasons. Sometimes his inventory issues take a lot of time. He often changes his boots.

- Normally skaters really dislike this procedure. Why is he changing boots so often?

- Sometimes it happenes just not in time. But we will stabilize this issue. We have some experience in it.

continued..
- (about Dais feeling after 4CC) Takahashi placed 7th at 4CC, the thing that hadn't happened with him for a long time ago. Not that he was upset, or nervous and worried. No, he calmly made certain conclusions and realized what he needs to do.

- Why did Japanese skaters perform poorly in FS? Hanyu was in the lead after SP.

- They have a very tough schedule. Besides Japanese Nationals they had to perform in 10-12 shows in Japan after that, the shows that they couldn't refuse to come. I think Hanyu refused to skate in half of those shows and went to Canada. But Daisuke couldn't. He is a big name in Japan, without him TV simply won't buy those shows for broadcast.

- So, they took part in the events that they shouldn't have?

- I m not saying that. I am simply saying that they had a lot of shows.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Oooo. Twind translated it: :love:

Feb. 14 2014

Hello!

Today I went to see Mr. Matsui, the Governor of Osaka to deliver the fund for supporting Rinkai Sports Center to continue, representing those who donated for this cause. Thanks to the understanding and efforts by Osaka Prefecture as well, the dreams and hopes of the children will go on and their smiles are saved! I hope this sports center will bring up future Olympians. Thank you for your caring about the skating community and working for it to realize this achievement. I am grateful from the bottom of my heart. However, I think it is the real start from now. It has to get more visitors, stir more interest of people and it has to satisfy those who donated and Osaka Prefecture feeling happy about its continuation.

What I can do is very small, but I want to keep supporting Rinkai Sport Center by working hard to skate so that I can add its appeal. Also I, who was a disaster in the Four Continents Championships, will do my best to work for the better development of Skating world! (lol) Or can’t I laugh? (bitter smile)

I reckon I’m going to have real ups and downs to be in Olympics. You never know if this change of SP might be the practice of changing program in the middle of Olympic season (?!), everything is one more experience toward Sochi. In spite of my results of this 4CC many gave me warm mails and letters, or supporting cheers after the Free Skating in the arena, all that I’m very thankful for. I may give you more cold sweat(?!) but thanks in advance for your support! For this is Daisuke Takahashi after all …. I hear that Takahashi is always gives a roller-coaster ride but this time I seemed to be a free-fall ride. (LOL)

After the competition in the team meeting, everyone insisted to me, who was going to resume the practice right after, to take a break (lol), so I will have a bit of break so that I can return refreshed to be able to shift my gear and work hard to do good performances in the World Championships. See you at London!

Daisuke

let`s talk

Match Penalty
With reference to the fundraising campaign above, Daisuke has visited the Governor of Osaka today, and made the donation of the completed 150 million-yen, which was previously requested by the Governor in order to save the rink.

-from Osaka prefecture's blog:http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/osakapref_blog
Short news clip on this event: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNUeJZrqc7o

and more:
part 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfgvSzNy2D4
part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2xrwDtfP28
part 3 http://youtu.be/epYOpNoz5hk
papt 4 http://youtu.be/Av4CROoRjKE

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Feb. 14 2014

Hello!

Today I went to see Mr. Matsui, the Governor of Osaka to deliver the fund for supporting Rinkai Sports Center to continue, representing those who donated for this cause. Thanks to the understanding and efforts by Osaka Prefecture as well, the dreams and hopes of the children will go on and their smiles are saved! I hope this sports center will bring up future Olympians. Thank you for your caring about the skating community and working for it to realize this achievement. I am grateful from the bottom of my heart. However, I think it is the real start from now. It has to get more visitors, stir more interest of people and it has to satisfy those who donated and Osaka Prefecture feeling happy about its continuation.

What I can do is very small, but I want to keep supporting Rinkai Sport Center by working hard to skate so that I can add its appeal. Also I, who was a disaster in the Four Continents Championships, will do my best to work for the better development of Skating world! (lol) Or can’t I laugh? (bitter smile)

I reckon I’m going to have real ups and downs to be in Olympics. You never know if this change of SP might be the practice of changing program in the middle of Olympic season (?!), everything is one more experience toward Sochi. In spite of my results of this 4CC many gave me warm mails and letters, or supporting cheers after the Free Skating in the arena, all that I’m very thankful for. I may give you more cold sweat(?!) but thanks in advance for your support! For this is Daisuke Takahashi after all …. I hear that Takahashi is always gives a roller-coaster ride but this time I seemed to be a free-fall ride. (LOL)

After the competition in the team meeting, everyone insisted to me, who was going to resume the practice right after, to take a break (lol), so I will have a bit of break so that I can return refreshed to be able to shift my gear and work hard to do good performances in the World Championships. See you at London!

Daisuke

Awww... Dai!!! Such a cool character. Even this is just a translation, but I can tell from the type of character he is, who appears speak from the heart admit his weakness and all, and not some political correct press release written by some PR agency department to boost his profile and confidence. You can tell he wrote it with all the Dai-ism in it. I do hope he is more at ease with himself and over come any trauma he might have hiccuped at 4CC, which probably comes down to have extraordinary pressure and expectation of himself working until so late doing the new SP. Is he confirming keeping the new SP at worlds? If so, I wonder if we will see anymore changes. Great cause, great chap, great champion for his country.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

Feb. 14 2014

Hello!

I reckon I’m going to have real ups and downs to be in Olympics. You never know if this change of SP might be the practice of changing program in the middle of Olympic season (?!), everything is one more experience toward Sochi. In spite of my results of this 4CC many gave me warm mails and letters, or supporting cheers after the Free Skating in the arena, all that I’m very thankful for. I may give you more cold sweat(?!) but thanks in advance for your support! For this is Daisuke Takahashi after all …. I hear that Takahashi is always gives a roller-coaster ride but this time I seemed to be a free-fall ride. (LOL)After the competition in the team meeting, everyone insisted to me, who was going to resume the practice right after, to take a break (lol), so I will have a bit of break so that I can return refreshed to be able to shift my gear and work hard to do good performances in the World Championships. See you at London!

Daisuke

Thanks to Twind for the translation and to let's talk for sharing. I love the part that I bolded. I like Dai's sense of humor.

Let's talk thanks for translating Morozov's interview, much appreciated! Dai will be coming to the US on 2/20 in preparation for Worlds.
He won't have to worry about jet lag travelling from the US to Canada.

Last edited:
Thanks, Let's Talk, for the translation of Morosov's interview, and for supplying the translation of the announcement. I was so impressed with Daisuke's open, honest way of talking about himself. He's just so impressive. Morosov's comments were very enlightening also. I feel that the outlook each of them has exhibited will allow them to prevail over any obstacles. Whatever happens, I know Daisuke will give us something rewarding and memorable to watch.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Ahhhhh :love: As always thanks a m~illions let's talk for translations of Dai's and Nikolai's!!!
lol to 'free-fall ride' :laugh:

Olympia, I hope you are recovering from debacle soon. ;) Why, Dai will be in US in a week to train and prepare for Worlds, his fans in Japan would appreciate so much for your support, and of course all support from his fans who are based in US! :yay:

figuristka

Medalist
Millions of 'big-thank-you!!!' to the uploader!!! :yay:

part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjr4nS7EYi4
part3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJW8xMQvdj0
part4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-up5WdVv5pg

Seems unable to see part2 for the moment, though...

Thanks deedee and the uploader of course. I just love Dai's interview's. Everytime i see him he is even more endearing. So humble and honest. He mentions Meryl again,hope he has a nice conversation with her in English soon. ;)