Daisuke Takahashi | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
demarinis5 said:
Not sure what type of spin Dai will put on this decision but I will have to support him being an uber fan what
else can I do.

Same here.
And I'm really suprised... of course it's quite the risk to change a programm that late in the season, he will only get to skate it twice anyway. And I liked his SP... Moonlight Sonata is amazing, but Morozov choreographing it is not.
Now all I can think about is Euros, when I saw Amodio skating and all I could think was "man, you're amazing, get another choreographer alreadyyyyyy!!!"... I need to watch Dai's FS from nationals again to remind myself that this is Mr.Dice-K and therefor the only human being capable to even sell crappy, empty, uninspired Morozov choreography to me like it was the best programm ever.
(And I need to avoid watching In the garden of souls.... :slink: )

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
What? Oh why?

While I'm happy to see as many different programs of Daisuke as possible, I really don't know what to think of this. I know I'm in the minority, but I really liked the 50s medley for Daisuke. It worked well for him. :cry: I'm not sure what to think. I'd rather have him change his LP. But, oh well...let's wait and see, maybe there will be a true masterpiece ála In the garden of Souls. :D

seniorita

Record Breaker
Moonlight Sonata is sth I would want to see from Daisuke so I m positevely happy for it and cant wait.

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
MaiKatze - I liked Daisuke's rock 'n roll medley, too, so you're not the only one! I actually liked it better than his free skate.

I am very nervous about this change; so late in the season for a new program! It seems like he won't know this program as well as the others will know theirs - if he skates it at Worlds, it will only be his second time. Moonlight Sonata is beautiful and really has the potential to be a masterpiece, but you have to do it right or it will be boring. I'm not worried about Dai doing it right, because he could sell almost any music. It's Morozov I am worried about doing it right. Dai's such a skating genius, and he deserves amazing choreography. I don't know if Morozov can give that to him. However, I'm determined to remain positive and think about all of the good programs that Morozov did for him (Swan Lake will always be a favorite of mine). I really hope Dai leaves Morozov for the Olympic season - I want the World to see how great he is, and I don't know if he can do that with Morozov as his choreographer. Anyway, I am actually very much looking forward to seeing Dai's new program, and I hope it's a masterpiece :)

ETA: What if they did a hiphop Moonlight Sonata kind of like Elladje Balde's program? ;) :no:

deedee1

Record Breaker
I will try to be optimist like you deedee and wait until I see this new program. GO DAI!

Didn't Morozov change one of Amodio's programs mid season.

Same here. I tried to sound optimistic the best as I could last night, to be honest. If it's true, this must be only the second time in his whole senior career to change the program in the mid season, IIRC. The first time was 2004-05 season. Prior to Worlds he ditched Khachaturian's Sabre Dance SP and went back to the previous season's Nyah.

But I decided long ago not to worry about him too much. At this point of his career, he can do whatever he wants. If Dai himself or his team sees it nessesary to make a change, then, anything will be fine with me. As his fan, I just root for him, trusting and supporting his team's decision. :yes:

Here is what I think. Looking at the Mens results so far, I suspect that his team sees Dai's rock'n-roll SP has the same taste as Yuzuru's, which, without doubt, has been valued/appreciated as the best SP of the season by judges so that rightfully was scored over 95 a couple of times already. It's a sort of message from judges to Dai's team that if both are to have clean SP, Dai still may lose to Yuzuru. In an interview before the season began, Utako-sensei mentioned his SP as a real challenge for Dai, not technically but music-wise. SHe said that this kind of music was something Daisuke was not very good at to interpret, because the music already sets the mood/tone, and requires to be, say, fun, energetic, cute, dancy and funcky, so that prevents him from interpreting any further. Dai to Utako sensei has always been the best skater to intepret between the notes of the music, you know.

Morozov as a choreographer...I agree with some of you, I am not so much in love with his works lately. However and more importantly, I trust his team 100% and I trust Nikolai more than 100% as a strategic coach. :yes: I am sure Daisuke and Utako-sensei push Nikolai hard to be more creative than his usual-self of lately, never allowing him to be lazy. :laugh: Besides, we can always count on Dai as a tremendous performer, can't we? ;) He is very capable of making a so-so program to look as if something very special. And if the new SP is not working at 4CC this week, then, he can go back to In the Garden of Souls which is a masterpiece come Worlds. So no worries!, I would say. :)

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
OK deedee now that Dai's SP change is official. Let's talk about costume and hair prediction. I think his costume will be simple. I am thinking a white or pastel type of shirt/blouse with maybe a little color sparkle and black slacks. His hair will look softer not as severe as his Elvis look he had in the Stroll. So what do you think? ;)

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
OK deedee now that Dai's SP change is official. Let's talk about costume and hair prediction. I think his costume will be simple. I am thinking a white or pastel type of shirt/blouse with maybe a little color sparkle and black slacks. His hair will look softer not as severe as his Elvis look he had in the Stroll. So what do you think? ;)

:) No gloves for sure, right? ;) I will go for a white one, with puffy-like sleeves, probably! Can't wait to see it!

Oh c'mon, we all know it will be some variation of his Tchaikovsky's SP costume / Rippon's costume( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NhRaAPv-e4 ) ;)

Wow, Adam looks so 'Russian'!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Not sure what type of spin Dai will put on this decision
I am sure it was judge's taste- NM&TD chose the music that those old ISU ladies can comprehend :biggrin:. Even if no one will ever admit it. ;) I am not worried. Dai is too good to be spoilt, including by Morozov. So, bye-bye old SP: http://twitpic.com/c1lbo9 But I am sure I'll have a chance to see it in shows. :)

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
As long as there will be a brand new SP in the next season, I think it's great. It's just that we can see one more SP from him, and that alone is a joy for the fans! I also like the costume. I loved the Rock'n'Roll medley, but the judges showed last season already that they don't get "cool" Dai so now classical Dai it is.