Daisuke Takahashi | Page 101 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Sorrento

Record Breaker
What a terrible news. I feel for Dai, he does not really need this kind of attention. I hope it is sorted soon. :disapp:

jimeonji

Final Flight
I... simply have no words. When I read the news I was skeptical without seeing the picture, but now that I have... I don't know. I'm very disturbed and terrified by this news and I honestly don't know what to make of it all.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I saw a tweet about a sex scandal in Japanese skating when I logged on this morning...but that was definitely the last thing I would have expected. I hope the woman is stripped of her post (though I have no idea how these things work in Japan). Wonder if Dai will make a statement? It's up to him, of course, I know he is quite private and I'm sure none of this is pleasant for him at all.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I saw a tweet about a sex scandal in Japanese skating when I logged on this morning...but that was definitely the last thing I would have expected. I hope the woman is stripped of her post (though I have no idea how these things work in Japan). Wonder if Dai will make a statement? It's up to him, of course, I know he is quite private and I'm sure none of this is pleasant for him at all.

So, according to the article Daisuke:

has not made any formal complaint, according to his management agent. "Takahashi does not think he experienced power- or sexual-harassment," the agent was quoted as saying.

And you want the woman fired and her life ruin over a gossip that Daisuke is denying himself? I can see the logic there. Reading the account the original source is a gossip magazine or website, something like TMZ, and we are giving weight to it?

jimeonji

Final Flight
And you want the woman fired and her life ruin over a gossip that Daisuke is denying himself? I can see the logic there. Reading the account the original source is a gossip magazine or website, something like TMZ, and we are giving weight to it?

Do you think Dai or his management would come out and say that yes, he was sexually harassed if it was true? I don't think so. The fact that there are pictures (and we've seen them) should say that there is some grain of truth in these accusations.

ioanna

Record Breaker
The magazine has solid proof of this. There is a picture of Hashimoto forcing herself on Dai while he's turning his face and body away. I didn't want to post the pictures because I don't think they belong here. He's only denying because he most likely doesn't want to turn this into a circus.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Do you think Dai or his management would come out and say that yes, he was sexually harassed if it was true? I don't think so. The fact that there are pictures (and we've seen them) should say that there is some grain of truth in these accusations.

I would guess so, specially because it will mean that he would be protecting other skaters. And is there is ground and evidence JOC will made an audience in wich Daisuke will have to testified anyway.

A picture doesn´t said anything, you could take a houndred pictures and with out context you don´t know what was going on unlest you were there.

You know innocent until probed guilty or it is the other way around just because you think it is.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So, according to the article Daisuke:

I don't know anything about Shukan Bunshun or how legitimate it is. And I haven't seen the photos. But ioanap wrote:

At first Hashimoto denied the claims saying it didn't happen, then she said she didn't force him but the magazine eventually published pictures of her hugging and kissing him

If that is true, it's an abuse of power and it crosses the line whether she "forced" him or not. And just because he didn't push her away and scream at her or whatever, doesn't mean he wasn't coerced. If he would say he was harassed by the president of the JSF, it opens a huge can of worms that could affect his career forever.

annca

On the Ice
The magazine has solid proof of this. There is a picture of Hashimoto forcing herself on Dai while he's turning his face and body around. I didn't want to post the pictures because I don't think they belong here.

i saw it... :cry: and the fact that everyone there was taking pictures and just watching in amusement makes me feel sorry for dai

jimeonji

Final Flight
I would guess so, specially because it will mean that he would be protecting other skaters. And is there is ground and evidence JOC will made an audience in wich Daisuke will have to testified anyway.

A picture doesn´t said anything, you could take a houndred pictures and with out context you don´t know what was going on unlest you were there.

You know innocent until probed guilty or it is the other way around just because you think it is.
She's the president of JSF. She has a whole lot of power and commands a lot of respect. This is serious, it's not like it was a overly zealous fan or even another skater. She's the president of one of the most powerful skating federations in the world, and he is just one skater, albeit one of the bigger stars in Japan and the rest of the world.

I agree that without proper investigation past the pictures she shouldn't be simply stripped of her position. But these pictures should not be written off. And she should also not be made out to be the victim when there are clear indications otherwise.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
I don't know anything about Shukan Bunshun or how legitimate it is. And I haven't seen the photos. But ioanap wrote:

If that is true, it's an abuse of power and it crosses the line whether she "forced" him or not. And just because he didn't push her away and scream at her or whatever, doesn't mean he wasn't coerced. If he would say he was harassed by the president of the JSF, it opens a huge can of worms that could affect his career forever.

Shukan Bunshun is a weekly gossip magazine so its reputation isn't that great. But the pictures were just...well, beyond ridiculous and heartbreaking. She was, as ioanap said, forcing herself onto him.

ioanna

Record Breaker
i saw it... :cry: and the fact that everyone there was taking pictures and just watching in amusement makes me feel sorry for dai
Yes! They are surrounded by people who were taking pictures of them and none of them bothered to stop her. They all either found it funny or they didn't want to confront a person with huge status such as Hashimoto.

Meoima

Match Penalty
This is disturbing. I am sure if Hashimoto were a man and Dai were Mao, the skating world would go crazy and say JFS should fire Hashimoto right away, not just people in Japan. Sexual harassment is sexual harassment, no matter the gender. Poor Dai! :bang:

ioanna

Record Breaker
This is disturbing. I am sure if Hashimoto were a man and Dai were Mao, the skating world would go crazy and say JFS should fire Hashimoto right away, not just people in Japan. Sexual harassment is sexual harassment, no matter the gender. Poor Dai! :bang:
I wholeheartedly agree. As long as she kept touching and kissing him even though he clearly told her not to, this was harassment. What was she even thinking? She's twice his age, married, and has 3 kids. I hope this case is investigated because this is not normal.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
She's twice his age, married, and has 3 kids. I hope this case is investigated because this is not normal.

Because of this we should be careful before making asuntions and taking a gosip magazine´s word for it.

As I said before if JOC finds grounds it will direct an investigation and Daisuke will have to testify, I imagine under oath, and then if you are sure he was harrassed he would have lied to the press, and I think this will be more damage to his image than him saying "yes, I was harrassed" from the beggining.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Apology in advance in case I may sound a bit too-selfish to some of you, but my personal wish/preference that is most sincere and honest as one of his devoted fans is a) no one is ever going to post these disgusting photos/pictures, b) the heated discussion on this particular subject will soon die down in this thread, and c) those who wants to continue the discussion and/or to know more details will visit other on-line boards/forums besides Golden Skate, in accordance with GS Guidelines and due to the nature of this 'Fan Fest' threads of course. Or GS moderators soon show up in this thread, get in the way, and the worst nightmare to happen for his fans should be mods might decide to close this thread eventually...

We understand that everyone has their favorites, and this is the place to gush!

We envision Fan Fests as fun places to read, post, and celebrate your favorites.

Please remember that this forum is not exempt from the Guidelines. As always, be respectful to each other's threads when posting and enjoy!

Fan Fest posters should be able to "gush," but NOT at the expense of another skater. That's just rude and and not very contructive.

Nor should folks who do not like a skater go to that skater's Fan Fest to troll or to "police" the fans there.

Have fun!

In short, "Let's :love: Dai, :yay: Dai, and :rock: Dai, instead of :cry: or :bang:, shall we?"

ioanna

Record Breaker
Because of this we should be careful before making asuntions and taking a gosip magazine´s word for it.
Nobody took the magazine's word for it until they published the pictures. She is a married woman, the head of the JSF, and she's kissing him on the lips and holding him forcibly. People don't even have to make assumptions, it's all out in the open.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Nobody took the magazine's word for it until they published the pictures. She is a married woman, the head of the JSF, and she's kissing him on the lips and holding him forcibly. People don't even have to make assumptions, it's all out in the open.

I have like 20 pictures like that, teasing my sister and brothers, and my friends teasing me. Believe me I wasn´t harrassed.