Daisuke Takahashi | Page 102 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

ioanna

Record Breaker
Apology in advance in case I may sound a bit too-selfish to some of you, but my personal wish/preference that is most sincere and honest as one of his devoted fans is a) no one is ever going to post these disgusting photos/pictures, b) the heated discussion on this particular subject will soon die down in this thread, and c) those who wants to continue the discussion and/or to know more details will visit other on-line boards/forums besides Golden Skate, in accordance with GS Guidelines and due to the nature of this 'Fan Fest' threads of course. Or GS moderators soon show up in this thread, get in the way, and the worst nightmare to happen for his fans should be mods might decide to close this thread eventually...

In short, "Let's :love: Dai, :yay: Dai, and :rock: Dai, instead of :cry: or :bang:, shall we?"
deedee1, you are right. That's why I didn't post the pictures in the first place and I hope nobody will. I apologize if this article didn't have to be posted here at all, I blame my outrage for it. We will shift our attention towards Friends On Ice very soon.

unico

Final Flight
The Japanese Takahashi fans I follow on twitter aren't freaking out this, so I'm really hoping that this case is not what it seems and it's just a disgusting case of twisted gossip gone out of hand.

This situation disgusts me, both if it is true and untrue. But like deedee1 said, gossip doesn't belong on this forum.

Pattina

On the Ice
ioanap, I saw pics and second your decision not to post them. Like all of you I'm so sad for Dai-chan and hope this won't annoy him too much, now that he is going to his last (for now) show before DORON.

Disgusting, lurid press, trying (for the second time) to drag Daisuke into a scandal (do you remember Sonatina?)

On a more cheeful note...

Fan montage of "Kissing" with a completely different music. The slight slow motion allows to watch carefully Dai's technical and artistic mastery.
Thanks to uploader and to Dancergirl of DTFF for info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLNc0USURfA

Daisuke has been challenged by Kanako at the ASL Ice Bucket Challenge!! :clap: Kana posted her challenge in two videos

http://instagram.com/p/r7IyztwX8p/
http://instagram.com/p/r7I90DQX8-/

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
^ Thanks Pattina for posting the videos! Time to shed tears over "Kissing". So beautiful.

Can't wait to see the news for FOI this weekend. Excited to see what they've prepared for the fans.

Alain

Match Penalty
Because of this we should be careful before making asuntions and taking a gosip magazine´s word for it.

As I said before if JOC finds grounds it will direct an investigation and Daisuke will have to testify, I imagine under oath, and then if you are sure he was harrassed he would have lied to the press, and I think this will be more damage to his image than him saying "yes, I was harrassed" from the beggining.
Where did he lie to press? Did he even give any comments?

I am heartbroken as I'm reading the latest news because Dai does not deserve any of this. He's only gone from scandal to scandal this past year and this is the last thing he needed right now.

Yesterday Shukan Bunshun published this article claiming Dai was sexually harassed by the president of the Japanese Skating Federation Seiko Hashimoto at a party in Sochi, after the closing ceremony. According to the magazine, she was forcing him to kiss her and he persistently refused, even turning his face away from her. At first Hashimoto denied the claims saying it didn't happen, then she said she didn't force him but the magazine eventually published pictures of her hugging and kissing him.

Further details here.

I am speechless.
Cheers to ioanap that you brought it to my attention. I don't share the idea 'to stay quiet when your favourite athlete is being abused' as some form of fan support like others here suggested. I started the thread in The Edge.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Where did he lie to press? Did he even give any comments?

In the second link that ionap posted

Former men's world champion Takahashi, who is admired by legions of female fans for his smouldering good looks and his well-toned body, has not made any formal complaint, according to his management agent. "Takahashi does not think he experienced power- or sexual-harassment," the agent was quoted as saying.

mich2

Match Penalty
In the second link that ionap posted
Surrogate articles are irrelevant and irreliable. In Shukan Bunshun Daisuke says in writing about hugging with foreign athletes. Yes, it was in writing as a reply to the magazine. He doesnt mention Hashimoto at all. He doesnt want to comment. Maybe some media twisted his silence into denial or they want the scandal to go away. Too bad image for JOC and JSF.
May I ask you? Why are you defenfing her? Why would anyone want to defend something like this.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Boom Sports which is associated with Kansai University announced that Dai is going to have a
press conference. No further details, but one can guess the subject matter.

ioanna

Record Breaker
According to fans' reports, Dai has a new up tempo EX program, a collab program with Evan and Brian, and most importantly a tango with Akiko! :love:

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
According to fans' reports, Dai has a new up tempo EX program, a collab program with Evan and Brian, and most importantly a tango with Akiko! :love:

Soooooo want to see this in person! Can't wait to read the fan reports and eventually see some videos. :yay:

ioanna

Record Breaker
From what I could understand in this article, Dai apologized for worrying everyone and once again denied he was harassed. He also says he might have drunk a little too much.
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20140821-1354456.html

Maybe a fluent speaker can translate this correctly. But he was as diplomatic and thoughtful of others as we know him. I will take his words for it and focus on the last ice show before his long vacation.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Surrogate articles are irrelevant and irreliable. In Shukan Bunshun Daisuke says in writing about hugging with foreign athletes. Yes, it was in writing as a reply to the magazine. He doesnt mention Hashimoto at all. He doesnt want to comment. Maybe some media twisted his silence into denial or they want the scandal to go away. Too bad image for JOC and JSF.
May I ask you? Why are you defenfing her? Why would anyone want to defend something like this.
Because even Daisuke ddin´t made a complaint, so I don´t see reason for over jealous fans to ask for her head on a plate.

Pattina

On the Ice
ioanap, thanks for pics! You are so precious!!

Liebertango with Akko YEAH!!! :love:

In all pics Dai looks like having a great time!!! So that's the way I love to see him!

Thanks for link to article on press conference. Hope for a translation. No wonder he takes some blame on himself for possible too much drinking... IMO she was the one who drank most, but we all know how much he cares about other people.

He did not feel abused or molested - that's the way it is. We all trust him and his words should end the "scandal" created by foul mag.

Let's enjoy FOI!! and Dai-chan's beauty on and off ice.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Dai and Akiko are looking quite fabulous together! Looking foward to seeing
their Tango!

gotoschool

Medalist
I'm really sorry that I am not here to focus on Dai's skating because I don't follow the men that closely, though I did really like Dai a lot in the 2012 Worlds LP. Memorable performance. About the matter at hand.

It seems to me that the JSF does not care about their skaters and this awkward situation is just one among many. After seeing the pictures, it definitely looks like this JSF president was pushing herself on Dai which must be causing him a lot of public embarrassment just so he can be used as a tool in a political chess match. Really awful. I also think back to the Olympics when Mao was forced to skate on a rink with sand on the ice in a small town in Armenia instead of flying her back to Japan even after all the money she has made for the organization, forcing her to participate in the team event when Kim didn't, allowing (at least) Mao to be underscored in Sochi and allowing all the Japanese female skaters (Mao, Kanako and Akiko) to get such bad tech calls and to be underscored in their own country. By contrast, the Russian skaters get big inflation not deflation when they skate on home turf and Lipnitskaya, in my opinion, is even given inflation when she skates in Japan.

I agree with galavich and think Hashimoto she should fired for her actions, especially given all the other shabby treatment the JSF has doled out under her watch.

As far as Dai not making a complaint, it seems painfully obvious that a male would never do so against a woman of any type, much less the head of the JSF. Unfortunately, I think such an action would be viewed as unmanly, (though it shouldn't), in society; and as someone said, it could potentially harm his reputation in the sport by going against the JSF. This "powerful organizations" does not look like it does much "to help" their skaters. Instead, they appear to help themselves when get the "urge" and to cut corners to save money (Mao's Armenia incident). Just my opinion based on what I have seen.