Daisuke Takahashi | Page 103 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

mich2

Match Penalty
I'm really sorry that I am not here to focus on Dai's skating because I don't follow the men that closely, though I did really like Dai a lot in the 2012 Worlds LP. Memorable performance. About the matter at hand.

It seems to me that the JSF does not care about their skaters and this awkward situation is just one among many. After seeing the pictures, it definitely looks like this JSF president was pushing herself on Dai which must be causing him a lot of public embarrassment just so he can be used as a tool in a political chess match. Really awful. I also think back to the Olympics when Mao was forced to skate on a rink with sand on the ice in a small town in Armenia instead of flying her back to Japan even after all the money she has made for the organization, forcing her to participate in the team event when Kim didn't, allowing (at least) Mao to be underscored in Sochi and allowing all the Japanese female skaters (Mao, Kanako and Akiko) to get such bad tech calls and to be underscored in their own country. By contrast, the Russian skaters get big inflation not deflation when they skate on home turf and Lipnitskaya, in my opinion, is even given inflation when she skates in Japan.

I agree with galavich and think Hashimoto she should be fired for her actions, especially given all the other shabby treatment the JSF has doled out under her watch.

As far as Dai not making a complaint, it seems painfully obvious that a male would never do so against a woman of any type, much less the head of the JSF. Unfortunately, I think he would be viewed unmanly, (though he shouldn't), in society, and as someone said it could potentially harm his reputation in the sport by going against the JSF. This "powerful organizations" does not look like it does much "to help" their skaters. Instead, they appear to help themselves and to cut corners to save money (Mao's Armenia incident). Just my opinion based on what I have seen.
Very good post and so true!

Hashimoto is hated by skating fans. She gave enough reasons for that.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Because even Daisuke ddin´t made a complaint, so I don´t see reason for over jealous fans to ask for her head on a plate.
I'm sorry but are you seriously calling everyone that's been worrying for him "over jealous fans"?

Anyway, gotoschool - thank you for your post. Personally, I share your point of view.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't think it's appropriate to call Daisuke a liar (especially if one is so adamant about giving someone else the benefit of the doubt, namely Ms. Hashimoto) or to bash Daisuke fans on his fan fest thread. :disapp:

Anyway, I can't wait to see the new EX, I miss upbeat Daisuke. :yay:

Pattina

On the Ice
These should be the only "media" news related to Dai-chan in these days....about Friends On Ice!!

Thanks to let's talk of DTFF for links

The Vogue fashion parade - Dai is funny. Shi and Kenji are so elegant.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x247nd1_140821-%E5%85%AC%E9%96%8B%E3%83%AA%E3%83%8F%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B5%E3%83%AB-2_sport

Dai and his new Jazz EX - Sparkling (literally) and flirting with audience :love: :love: :love:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x247nca_140821-%E5%85%AC%E9%96%8B%E3%83%AA%E3%83%8F%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B5%E3%83%AB-1_sport

deedee1

Record Breaker
Dai and Akiko are looking quite fabulous together! Looking foward to seeing
their Tango!

:yes: Am sooooo jealous to those who are going to the shows this weeend! Looking forward to some report from one of them to post here! :) My hunch says let's talk will be there for sure ;) , and since FoI is only shows left for Daisuke for now (before he makes his 'DORON' for a while, as Pattina says), She probably will attend every single shows for 3 days. :biggrin:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Pattina, you are right. We were all looking forward towards seeing him skate at Friends On Ice because it is (most likely) his last ice show before his very long vacation. I missed Dai a lot in the 2008-2009 season and I know I will miss him again now. But the media is once again trying to mess things up just like they did with the Sonatina news, days before the men's event in Sochi.

Whatever the press says, they will never manage to bring him down because he is a strong man and he's been through a lot already. And so did us, his fans. Being a Dai fan has been (and still is) an emotional roller coaster and we understand each other's worries perfectly. Dai always knows how to entertain his fans and he's doing it again now, choosing this wonderful jazz piece and doing a tango with Akiko.

Shizuka looks absolutely stunning!

ioanna

Record Breaker
Friends On Ice report from Daisuke Takahashi Road To Sochi

The show has been way beyond all my expectations...

When I got the starting order given to the press in my hand, I squeaked like little girl when I saw written what I really never believed it would never come true : Akiko Suzuki/Daisuke Takahashi "Libertango". Indeed they were going to Dance???
Well, it turned out to be a less "dancey" number than I hoped, but it was truly superior stuff and they went crazy especially in their step sequences. And the tango look on their faces... pure passion from both.

Later during the press conference Daisuke said that he was really happy that the idea of doing something to Libertango with Akiko finally materialized, even though with both of them being so busy, it was hard to find the time to practice and they only rehearsed the number very little. I guess this means that it can only get better as the days go by.
And then WHAT? Daisuke Takahashi get to FINALLY dance to some jazz, as further down the list there I see "Daisuke Takahashi - Caravan.
It didn't tun out to be Ellington's version but (it was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_15O1IfxQnY )
it was definitely a wild number with a "diabolic" feel to it. An Incredibly demanding number, and the way he moves... oh, he just gets better and better. He had to stop here and there (it was only a rehearsal so some things from the skaters were not all that polished) and he seemed pretty tired as this is a very up-tempo number. Again, it will only look better with every performance, but even at this early stage it screams "masterpiece" all over the place.

At the end of the first act, came the male group number with Daisuke, Brian Joubert and Evan Lysacek on "On the Run".
Daisuke said during the press conference that he was really excited at the idea of skating with guys that used to be his rivals and used to fight each other. He said he felt this actually was the highlight of "Friends" this year.

The opening numbre was the skaters being presented one by one and coming in as on a catwalk wearing Vogue costumes.
Last out came Dai, wearing very uncordinated wild jackets and pants and sweater (?), hair combed back.

The Finale and Grand Finale were also very nice and elegant .On "A little Party ever Killed Nobody/Happy, with the girls wearing plaid skirts and white shirts

Daisuke looked a little sad tonight, like a shadow was hanging over his eyes.... it got better towards the end when he started "Caravan".
I guess tha latest events are taking atoll on him.

But I have a message that his manager gave me tonight.
Ihara-san told me that he was sorry he didn't have much time but that they got hit pretty badly by the Bunshun matter. They got shocked and they just couldn't believe it! But then he said "You know him though,'he's strong, he will bounce back soon, don't worry!
So, let's keep positive and send him support as much as we can. He knows his international fan care and support him all the time, no matter what!
Thank you Dai-chan, and thank you Ihara-san!

Bonus: six screen caps of the new jazz EX (c)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvkgGBDCcAEBBr7.jpg:large

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Thank you for the reports! The rehearsal looks great already and I'm jealous of the fans who will be able to see all of this action in person. :clap: I think in one of the news clips they mentioned that there are no jumps in the jazz EX. Doesn't really matter for me as he's amazing even without the jumps.

ioanna

Record Breaker
^ If it's true then I'm glad the program has no jumps. He's perfectly capable of creating incredible and unique programs even without them.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
From what I could understand in this article, Dai apologized for worrying everyone and once again denied he was harassed. He also says he might have drunk a little too much.
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20140821-1354456.html

Maybe a fluent speaker can translate this correctly. But he was as diplomatic and thoughtful of others as we know him. I will take his words for it and focus on the last ice show before his long vacation.

Breaks my heart that he feels the need to apologize, this 'scandal' is not his fault at all. Truth is she should not be behaving this way around skaters, her position gives her too much power over any skater to make that okay and the fact that he's taking blame on himself makes me wanna hug him. If he truly doesn't feel harassed then I'm very happy to hear it, but the situation is still problematic.

Oh look, pretty pictures to look at instead =)

ayarose

On the Ice
Thanks for the FrOI update. An EX without a jump... I'll still take it if it means Dai-chan skates.

I don't really put a lot of faith in Shunkan but the photos was indeed disconcerting. We don't really know the truth although we could draw several conclusions from it. However, I chose to support Dai's decisions even if I personally feel the other way around. Hopefully somebody will be able to see pass through the politics and see the action in a more objective manner.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Breaks my heart that he feels the need to apologize, this 'scandal' is not his fault at all. Truth is she should not be behaving this way around skaters, her position gives her too much power over any skater to make that okay and the fact that he's taking blame on himself makes me wanna hug him. If he truly doesn't feel harassed then I'm very happy to hear it, but the situation is still problematic.
ITA. While politics may have occasioned the publicizing of the "situation," as GermaricanMix calls it, personally I feel there should be an investigation, which will also afford Seiko Hashimoto due process. The JOC powers that be should ask themselves whether with such unseemly behavior, Ms. Hashimoto is the kind of person who should be entrusted with responsibility over young athletes, with some of them even being minors. Maybe some good can come out of all these.

Ionap thanks for all the updates, both off and on the ice about Daisuke. He may feel that so many storms have buffeted/blindsided him these past months with his injuries in the Olympic season, the thing about his SP Olympic music being ghostwritten, and now this. But I really think he has the character to overcome all of these trials and emerge a stronger, better person.

On a lighter note, re his exhibition without a jump, we all know he is one of the very few skaters who while even being earthbound can command attention and appreciation. :)