Daisuke Takahashi | Page 106 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Alba

Record Breaker
I hope the scandal thing doesn't get too big. I know Japan is very strict about those things. Of course none of it is Dai's fault, but it seems like any whiff of "scandal" can ruin careers there...

What's the scandal about? I tried to keep up, reading back in this thread, but I can't follow what happened.
Can someone summarise a bit for me?
Thank you. :)

Pattina

On the Ice
jimeonji thaks a lot for pic and link to video. Just our adorkable Dai-chan!! His funny reaction when he is on ice again is priceless!! :laugh:

Alba you can read a recap here at DTFF http://daisuke-takahashi.megabb.com/t960p390-news-topics-2013-14 - post of let's talk on 20th August

Dai-chan said that he did not feel abused or molested. Please read here https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/507772556026981

Most people think it's been a foul play against Hashimoto-san, who has good opportunity to be choosen for a ministry seat as Prime Minister Abe is going to make some changes in September. The "timing" of this stupid gossip mag is perfect!!

Of course I trust Dai-chan. They drank too much. IMO she drank more than him, while Daisuke was more lucid and tried to handle the situation.

Did she act wrong? Yes but this does not allow foul media to treat her as if in the future she is going to molest any young male skater of TJ.

What I hated most: gossip media saying that Dai is a liar.

Alba

Record Breaker
Thank you very much Pattina. :)

Alba you can read a recap here at DTFF http://daisuke-takahashi.megabb.com/t960p390-news-topics-2013-14 - post of let's talk on 20th August

Dai-chan said that he did not feel abused or molested. Please read here https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/507772556026981

Most people think it's been a foul play against Hashimoto-san, who has good opportunity to be choosen for a ministry seat as Prime Minister Abe is going to make some changes in September. The "timing" of this stupid gossip mag is perfect!!

The "timing" it does look suspicious indeed, considering that a ministry seat is at stake here.

Of course I trust Dai-chan. They drank too much. IMO she drank more than him, while Daisuke was more lucid and tried to handle the situation. Did she act wrong? Yes but this does not allow foul media to treat her as if in the future she is going to molest any young male skater of TJ.

What I hated most: gossip media saying that Dai is a liar.

From the pictures I saw that's what it looks like, and com-on, I see also other people around them. Drinking, celebrating with their most loved and gorgeous skater. I honestly don't see any harassment here.
Stupid maybe, given the post she held, but abused or molested? The reactions and these accusations are out of any proportion, IMO.

p.s. on a lighter note, I envy her. :biggrin:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
From the pictures I saw that's what it looks like, and com-on, I see also other people around them. Drinking, celebrating with their most loved and gorgeous skater. I honestly don't see any harassment here.
Stupid maybe, given the post she held, but abused or molested? The reactions and these accusations are out of any proportion, IMO.

p.s. on a lighter note, I envy her. :biggrin:
Well, hugging/kissing, from what I gather, is overboard in Japanese culture. I mean, it's a place where people get reprimanded for "talking too loudly" or "showing too much emotion." I assume Italians are much warmer (;)) so it doesn't look too bad, but it likely does for Japan. It's kinda like how the Russian coaches can kiss their skaters and no one bats an eye, but if we see an old man kissing a young man on the streets here in Canada... well, it'll be a pretty rare sight.

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, hugging/kissing, from what I gather, is overboard in Japanese culture. I mean, it's a place where people get reprimanded for "talking too loudly" or "showing too much emotion." I assume Italians are much warmer (;)) so it doesn't look too bad, but it likely does for Japan. It's kinda like how the Russian coaches can kiss their skaters and no one bats an eye, but if we see an old man kissing a young man on the streets here in Canada... well, it'll be a pretty rare sight.

Yes, I understand that and I agree.
However, they are humans also, and as I said there are people around them as we can see from the pictures.
Not good gesture from her, but no need to exaggerate and pass this as abuse or being molested. They (she) had probably too much to drink and kissed him. Let's be honest, who wouldn't want to kiss him. :biggrin:

giulia95

Medalist

Italians are wormer, but at least where I live, a married women doesn't kiss a man in the lips publicy if he's not her husband. It looks very bad, and rumors immediately start.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Italians are wormer, but at least where I live, a married women doesn't kiss a man in the lips publicy if he's not her husband. It looks very bad, and rumors immediately start.
I am Asian so I know. This does look bad in East Asian culture, even if she was drunk. But anyways I think both Dai and this woman don't want to make it big so we have to let it go. The last thing Dai wants right now is scandal. Hopefully, this woman has been taught a big lesson already. Which means I hope she will stay always from all young male skaters in JSF from now on. :slink:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Thank you everyone for all the links!

It seems that the 2013-2014 season is officially over now that Friends On Ice has ended. It's been a long, difficult and emotional season. Still feels surreal to me that we won't see him anymore from now on, but I wish him all the best and I hope he rests on his vacation.

Also, I never intended to post so much on the forum but oops, couldn't resist the Dai thread :laugh: I'll probably go back to my usual lurking mode very soon :biggrin:

For now I'm just gonna post this beautiful fanvideo made by LightHair7, that I think matches him right now. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dVMPvr25Qc

Alba

Record Breaker

Yes, it does look bad in the same circumstances. I mean, let's take Kostner kissing with the head of italian Fed.
However, nobody would go as far as calling it "abuse" or "sexual "harassment".
Especially when the person involved, like Dai, is saying it's not.

mich2

Match Penalty
Wait till Yuzu comes out of age. He is pretty too! ;)

Pattina

On the Ice
Rude comments on twitter? Media actually writes the same. Other sources like mainichi have to give explanations on how Dai got a spot in Olympic team.Why did he need to defend her. She is not worthy. If she was, she would quit.

No, they don't! Dai was choosen according to clear and public criteria, decided at the beginning of the last season, having the best rank/score among the others.

mich2, please, don't forget that Dai forced his return on ice after the November injury to be at Nats, otherwise he would be excluded from choice. He was not healthy but he had to skate. He did it pouring all himself on ice, skating with courage, heart and soul.

Now that case is closed, hope that foul and really stupid gossip about Daisuke stop soon. He is going to start his DORON time now.
He deserves peaceful time to make up his mind. We fans only have to wait for news patiently, till he is once again ready to come back to us in the way he prefers.

Here is last report on FOI from https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi

- Friends on Ice 2014 - The Final show

This is so late in coming, but I want to say how great the lash show was, how special in atmosphere and energy and heart... "Friends on Ice" indeed!

The extra bonus that we got after the last show ended was "Libertango" skated amusingly by Daisuke and Kenji Miyamoto... untiil Akiko catches them... and takes them both by the collar and together they go on to do part of the step sequence of the program. What a treat!! Akiko and Daisuke finish it off masterfully as they have been doing the entire time, and then the funny finale together with the teacher again. Funny and well done.

It was an incredible show: thanks Shizuka Arakawas and to all, and especially to our Daisuke who over-did himself for this, showing us once more how big his heart and commitment to his fans and to the people around him always are. He never lets anyone down!

Thank you, Dai-chan, once more!

Happy "Doron" now!
See you Next Time!!!

jimeonji

Final Flight
It seems that the Kozuki Sports Awards ceremony was held today (the 25th) and Dai attended and received an award. Here's the article - can someone translate the little bits that Dai says? I don't think it should be much different from what we've already heard about his plans for this season based on what translate is giving me.