Daisuke Takahashi | Page 107 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
It seems that the Kozuki Sports Awards ceremony was held today (the 25th) and Dai attended and received an award. Here's the article - can someone translate the little bits that Dai says? I don't think it should be much different from what we've already heard about his plans for this season based on what translate is giving me.

You're right. It's not much different. He wants to take up things that he's interested in, like learning a foreign language.

I must say I really like the photos of him in the award ceremony especially when he's taking off (or putting on?) his glasses. Hahaha.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

It seems that the Kozuki Sports Awards ceremony was held today (the 25th) and Dai attended and received an award. Here's the article - can someone translate the little bits that Dai says? I don't think it should be much different from what we've already heard about his plans for this season based on what translate is giving me.

a 7 minute news clip that focuses on Shizuka - some behind the scenes footage of the planning process and part of the Dai/Evan/Brian group number and the fashion show

Thank you for the updates! :)

ioanna

Record Breaker
All the gossip about how Dai got his spot in Sochi has no relevance. How did Miki Ando go to both Turin and Vancouver even though she was 6th, respectively 4th at the 2005 and 2009 Nationals?

Anyway, I think this subject is better off closed. Nothing can be done about it anymore. Dai wishes to move on and so should we.

In the new WFS magazine he said he doesn't know what to do after Friends On Ice ends and that he feels a little scared right now, having to think about an important decision.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Daisuke Takahashi by Vogue Japan

And a translation of the Kozuki Sports Awards ceremony by Daisuke Takahashi Road To Sochi

During the ceremony which took place at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Tokyo, he said that as far as competing he will probably decide day by day. He has been so busy with the shows and now he wants to think what to do by looking at the situation from a certain distance.
He wants to take a fairly long break from skating to do things that he hasn't been able to do so far, like travel abroad and study languages and go to back to school.

deedee1

Record Breaker

ioanna

Record Breaker
Nam Nguyen will be skating to La Strada in his long program. Skate Canada wrote,

Choreographer David Wilson picked out “La Strada” for Nguyen’s long program. “I liked it because Daisuke Takahashi skated to it at the 2010 Olympics and also Jeff Buttle during the 2002 season,” Nguyen said. “I’ve watched their programs a lot and I wanted to not copy them, but get an idea of how they performed to the music so I can apply my own version to it. I like it a lot.”

ioanna

Record Breaker
Looks like he's getting ready to give Yuzuru a lecture! :rofl:

"Gosh darn it kiddo, let me tell you about how it was in MY day!"
"Nephew, I'm telling you, you need to take care of those knees. Trust your uncle, I know what I'm saying." :laugh:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
And Yuzu's reaction "Oh crap omg he's taking off his glasses not here Dai, please-"

Meoima

Match Penalty
Seriously I just realize Yuzuru is a schoolboy who has just finished high school. Had Dai chosen to become a teacher, he would have been Yuzuru's teacher you know. What a gap they have, Dai surely has gone a long way. I wonder if one day he will become a coach? A sexy coach. :laugh:

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
Seriously I just realize Yuzuru is a schoolboy who has just finished high school. Had Dai chosen to become a teacher, he would have been Yuzuru's teacher you know. What a gap they have, Dai surely has gone a long way. I wonder if one day he will become a coach? A sexy coach. :laugh:

One of my unrealistic wishes is that Dai would coach Yuzu or work with him somehow cause I think Yuzu could still learn a lot from him. I also think it would be really cute XD

Oooo! I love the footage of Dai, Brian and Evan skating together. I miss Brian a lot, it's great to see him having fun! Of course Dai is out-sassing both of them <3

ioanna

Record Breaker

Dai is not quite finished with school himself though.

He is a licentiate in sports psychology and history of sports but has yet to write his master's thesis.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Dai is not quite finished with school himself though.
He is a licentiate in sports psychology and history of sports but has yet to write his master's thesis.
So he is still a student in college? :think: I think it's normal given the time he has devoted to FS.