Daisuke Takahashi | Page 111 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
LOVE Caravan. That's the Dai I've been missing for awhile. So much fun! I love the sparkly suit too!

The tango was very nice as well, but I have to admit I couldn't take my eyes off Dai! Sorry Akiko!

firal

Record Breaker
Wow those are great! Good to see him having fun in Caravan, and the fans were so into it as well!

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
They weren't removed yet, I think the URLs were copied wrong. Here they are

Caravan

Libertango

Dai footage

FOI news report

Full show

You know, sometimes I wonder how the ice doesn't just melt under his skates from the pure hotness he manages to exude. I really loved Libertango and I hope they perform it more in the future. I really liked the 'I want you, but I kinda don't like you' vibe they had in the performance sometimes, gave it a really interesting dynamic. Caravan was just super! I love when skaters let their inner sass out <3

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
I fully agree with you. :yes: :love:

Count me in on that.

How I really wish I was one of the ladies in the audience. I honestly thought they were all on some roller coaster ride because they definitely sounded like they were with every move he made! :love:

Meoima

Match Penalty
It's good that he has got rid of that hair style. :yay: so happy to see Dai being happy and joyful. He is really just a child at heart, isn't he?

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
I already posted this in the team japan thread, but I thought I'd bring it over here too because Dai spends most of this show giggling and laughing and it's adorable.

I hope this hasn't been posted before but I found video of team japan playing ping pong on a tv show and it may just be the cutest thing I've ever seen. Team Japan includes: Mao, Daisuke, Miki, Oda and Takahiko. The show is broken up in to 3 different videos with translations of each video underneath it.

Pattina

On the Ice
You know, sometimes I wonder how the ice doesn't just melt under his skates from the pure hotness he manages to exude [...] Caravan was just super! I love when skaters let their inner sass out <3

The same for me. Liebertango is superb and burning hot, but IMO with Caravan Dai gets further in his artistry, while performing high quality technical elements. It's not just a matter of funny faces or alluring smiles.... Dai never stops and never calms down in this sparkling program with a style of music he never did before. Happy that he tried something new. :love:

cdngirl

On the Ice
Thanks a lot for your warm 'welcome-back', cdngirl. I still don't have much time to stay in front of my PC, the best I can is half an hour or so around midnight, but I try to visit GS Forum, especially Dai's thread when I can. :)

Sorry for the delay in answering your question, which I remember you'd posted before re: DWTS in Japan. I don't think there are any dance shows similar to DWTS in our country. Yet. If there's one, either in Japan or US, Dai will steal the whole show for sure. :cool: But the problem may be whether the show producer is able to find a tiny female dancer who's well-balanced for his height, I would imagine. Have you seen Dai live? On the ice he has the gorgeous presence, has 'it' factor, and once the music get started and he skates, no denying it's just a piece of cake for him to draws all audience in. But Dai in real life is rather tiny. When I saw him live for the first time at 2008 Freinds on Ice, I was so shocked how he was slim compared to other skaters that night; Takeshi, Yamato, etc... especially his waist was 'criminally' slim so that as a woman I even felt jealous of him! :laugh: As for possible language barrier you mentioned, I don't think it's a big deal at all for him based on what we've already seen in some news clips Dai and Pasquale/Lori doing choreos together: he doesn't think but feel it when it comes to how to perfectly 'replicate' choreos (or, is 'duplicate' better in this case in English??? :confused:), you know. Dai is a born dancer! :yes:

Hi Deedee. Thank you so much for the information and your opinion. What a shame that there isn't a show like DWTS in Japan. Unfortunately I have never seen Daisuke live so I hadn't thought of his size as being a problem but it's a very good point because the female dancers wear heels and there are tons of lifts on the show so it would probably be difficult with his ongoing knee issues. Amusing that you envied his waist size the first time you saw him. I guess he always appears larger than life, on the ice, whenever I've watched his videos. When I mentioned the language barrier I should have clarified what I meant. I personally think Daisuke speaks English very well but I don't think he has the confidence himself (and I don't know why). They always interview each couple after they've danced so I thought perhaps he'd be uncomfortable speaking on camera. At any rate I would love to see him on any sort of dance show because I know he'd do incredibly well and would win the whole thing!

Once again, thanks so much for your input and I hope you're doing well.