Daisuke Takahashi | Page 113 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Looks good! I'll miss him dearly when this GP season rolls around. I really hope in the future that he and other skaters will be able to do ice shows outside of Japan; it'll be a real treat to see him live.

He truly is an amazing performer. If you get the opportunity to see him live, I cannot recommend it strongly enough. Simply awesome!

ioanna

Record Breaker
Via DTRtS

PUMA Talk Show Sept. 21, 2014 - Translation
Both Daisuke and MC talked with Kansai accent. The talk was full of laughter, many commented it looked like a stand-up comedy.
Report by ajisai @purplearashi
Translation by Noroton

People in Osaka are friendly. They often stop to talk to me on the street. It’s alright when no one is around, but I get embarrassed when there are many people around.
I feel so awkward if people talk to me when I’m looking at ladies’ clothes. I would mumble something like “No, I’m not…” and buy them anyway.
I buy a lot of ladies stuff because men’s clothes are just too big for me. I like wearing patterns as my daily wardrobe but during competitions I wear black. Patterns are distracting and deter my focus.
I wear cotton pajamas that have been washed many times and pretty worn out and become really soft.
I took my old clothes to Sochi so I could just throw them away afterwards. I took my most ancient, most worn out pajamas there.
I don’t remember much about Sochi Olympics… I tried not to become too emotional or excited, saving all my energy solely for the performances. Although I gave it all that I had, I was not satisfied with them.
Even if I quit competing, I will not quit skating. But I still cannot visualize myself what exactly I will be doing. This will be the first time ever in my life to make a decision for my future. I do hope that it will be something related to skating.
Friends On Ice was so tough physically I thought I would die. All my numbers were upbeat, and I felt fatigue even during the rehearsals. I didn’t go out to eat; just bought some salad at a convenience store and ate at home. I did drink, because quitting it would be too stressful.
Caravan was choreographed by Kenji sensei, everything down to most of the details. Some of the “flirting” was my improvisation, though.
I don’t have hobbies. Fishing? It’s too early in the morning and I hate to just sit and wait. Golf is too expensive. Marathon…is just running! I would like something that is quick and easy.
Ken-dama… I am not good at it, so I get bored.
I might enjoy ceramics, but it’s a hassle just to get there. But if I start, I would probably get into it so much so that I would even skip meals.
Piano is cool, too. I wanted to take lessons. But I have short fingers…
I sometimes do Japanese calligraphy. Easy ones, like 美しい(beautiful) or some hiragana. If I had a brush and ink right now, I would write ありがとう“Thank You”.
-- Are you working on your Masters thesis?
WHAT? I couldn’t hear what you said. lol.
It’s a secret.
I am interested in flamenco and would love to try it, but not yet. Probably in 2 or 3 years.
I don’t like cooking. I never cook. I did try it before, but the kitchen gets dirty…
I mostly eat out. I like chicken. Yakitori, Chicken nanban, Chicken karaage, etc.
I can swim! I couldn’t before, but learned to swim.
I go snorkeling wearing a life jacket. And at beach, I don’t need a life jacket because my feet can touch the sand.
(Told by MC that’s not swimming, but Dai insists he can swim.)
--- Are you tired of Instagram?
No. I will still do it. It’s on the top page of my smartphone, but I don’t know when I’m going to upload.
---Can you upload something today?
No…but maybe I will, a few days later, just maybe.
Closing comment:
I once said somewhere that I would be back on ice, but I’m going to take back my words. Well,
I don’t think I’m going to stop skating completely. However, I would like to take time and wait until my feeling for skating ripens and I feel that I want to skate again. I hope you will continue to cheer… or watch over me, rather.
Thank you.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Via DTRtS

Both Daisuke and MC talked with Kansai accent. The talk was full of laughter, many commented it looked like a stand-up comedy.
Translation by Noroton

So glad to be back in this thread and to see so many updates. Thank you all. :D

Hahaha, I wouldn't think fishing would be suitable for him either. It's quite hard to imagine actually sitting still, period. I've always seen him as an excited puppy that's constantly moving about. But somehow it's easier to see him do the arts, like calligraphy and ceramics. Strange lol.

And thank you to whoever reminded him of his instagram account!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I can easily imagine Dai doing calligraphy or ceramics. Even if he hadn't become a skater, I think he would've become an artist in some shape or form. :love:

deedee1

Record Breaker
So glad to be back in this thread and to see so many updates. Thank you all. :D

Hahaha, I wouldn't think fishing would be suitable for him either. It's quite hard to imagine actually sitting still, period. I've always seen him as an excited puppy that's constantly moving about. But somehow it's easier to see him do the arts, like calligraphy and ceramics. Strange lol.

And thank you to whoever reminded him of his instagram account!

Like these? ;)

http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/2007/10/post_3.html
http://ameblo.jp/koubou-ma-ru-ishigaki/entry-11927553735.html

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Via DTRtS

Translation by Noroton

Yes, exactly! ;) I would like to see him hold an exhibition of his own featuring his art works someday in the future hehe.

firal

Record Breaker
Interesting talk show! Thanks for the translation. The answers are quite funny :laugh: I could totally picture Daisuke-san answering them!

ioanna

Record Breaker

ioanna

Record Breaker
More news - Dai will be a guest on a J-sports show hosted by Kenji Miyamoto.

He will be featured in 4 episodes on November 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th.

Source

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Thank you for the news, ioanap! I guess we will be seeing more of Dai as winter approaches. :clap: Too bad I will leave Japan in the first week of December or else I would love to stay for the Christmas show.

Also excited for the J-sports show! Kenji-san and Dai together would probably make my stomach hurt from laughing though. I'm certain something silly will happen between these two.