Page 12 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi

Good interview. I like Dai's honesty about how he felt about his score in the FS and how he will do his "homework next season". Also interesting is what he says about Hanyu. Dai does not wear rose tinted glasses, his vision is clear and he knows he has his work cut out for him next season. Dai sounds motivated and confident, I like that.

Thank you for the translation!

Custom Title
    It's so great that you're giving us the opportunity to learn about Japanese skaters in this detail! I am impressed by Dai's maturity. How wonderful that we'll be able to watch him compete through the Sochi Olympics.

Custom Title
    I don't believe this has been posted:

2012 Nice just after Men's medal ceremony 2 focusing on Daisuke and Yuzuru.

I like the bit of interaction between Dai and Pat and particularly the part where he went to hug Patrick's coach Christy Krall. How sweet of him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I like the bit of interaction between Dai and Pat and particularly the part where he went to hug Patrick's coach Christy Krall.
    Oh god. In Dai fan thread in one sentence Dai got mentioned once, Patrick twice plus Pat's coach. Yeah, all fan threads should be renamed into Chan fan threads because they exist only to let chan ubers say how much everyone love Pat-boy!

Banned
    Back on topic. Meanwhile Dai's preparation for WTT is getting more than well, judging by this video. Where our boy looks handsome, shining and relaxed:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTB2zFf434Y

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I don't believe this has been posted:

2012 Nice just after Men's medal ceremony 2 focusing on Daisuke and Yuzuru.

I like the bit of interaction between Dai and Pat and particularly the part where he went to hug Patrick's coach Christy Krall. How sweet of him.
    i love how Dai is just so comfortable and personable towards his competitors at all these events.

Custom Title
    Me, too. Dai seems to be such a gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    i love how Dai is just so comfortable and personable towards his competitors at all these events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Me, too. Dai seems to be such a gentleman.
    I agree. When he retires they should create a position just for him as the Ambassador to Figure Skating.

Thanks for the link SF.

let's talk thanks for the current video of Dai, he looks very relaxed and happy.

Custom Title
    It's been over 2 weeks now since the Worlds, so it is getting a bit old news, i am afraid...let me finish some translation before WTT starts this coming Thurday.

Below is wrap-up column after Mens competition by a sport writer of Asahi shimbun, one of Japanese major newspapers.
    Most of the article is nothing new. But what's caught my eye is how Dai sees the current state of Mens field and competitions in general. So I decided to drop the translation here.

-----------------------------
    Sources: Asahi shimbun, April 2nd, 2012
    -----------------------------

<<Return of Takahashi:
    A valuable Silver medal for me, says Takahashi with deep emotion>>

"That was such a performance that makes me feel grateful with my decision to have decided to continue my competitive skating one year ago." says Takahashi with a calm smile and sigh of relief.

Landed a quad in the Free. Confidence restored.

Takahashi finally landed a quad as his first elemet ih the Free, which has been his emeny element he struggled with to land throughout this season. Then continued his brilliant performance, almost perfectly, with step sequences and spins that looked clearly improved to the eyes of spectators this season.

After the Vancouver Olympic Games in 2010, Takahashi was leaning towards retirement. What made him stop that thinking was the last year's Worlds in Moscow where he lost his world title with a landslide margin of points.
    In Moscow Patrick Chan, the newest world champion, captured his first title with the highest scores ever in front of Takahashi.
    "To be honest with you, I felt myself behind him. Considerably further behind him, after witnessing Chan's two winning skates."

Since then, the former champion emptied his bucket of 'unnecessary' pride within himself, accepted the reality he now faces, and re-started his trainings by reworking on his basic skating.
    In the initial plan prior to this season, his team did not include a quad in his Short program. As the season progressing, Takahashi realized he was not going to to win anything without hitting a quad in the Short, thus he's changed this strategy in the mid season and decided to put a quad there.

Other than his desire to win, there was other feeling in his mind. Ms. Koyabashi of Japan Skating Federations admits as follows:
    "He is aware of the current state of Mens field, which appears somewhat worrisome a bit. He thinks: 'We can not show a rather predictable competition to the audience who gets to pay for and come to the competition, before even it gets started.' 'Some of us need to rise to the occasion, contest a close match with the current champion, so that Men competition gets more exciting to watch and rouse more interest in figure skating among people.' That's what's in his mind, and Daisuke wants to be one of those skaters to challenge Patrick, I suppose."

Takahashi believes his Free skate in Nice was his best of the season, and got satisfied with it in performance-wise. But Chan still was ahead of him by almost 7 points in the Total Scores.
    "I have two more seasons. I want to improve myself further as best as I can, to catch up with Patrick and other top contenders in two seasons.", he commented.

While suffering a few bitter setbacks on its way, the former world champion will make his every effort to fortify himself towards his ultimate goal.
    -------------------------------------------
    (end)
    Last edited by deedee1; 04-17-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Custom Title
    Thanks, deedee1! As always, this makes for great reading. This section gives wonderful insight into Dai's motivation.

Custom Title
    Dai had two clean programs at WTT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c212-...51FUAAAAAAAAAA

I figured I would put Dai's FS in this thread too. It is just so fabulous!

I love how he does his little jump and gracious bow at the end as he is heading to the K&C.

Custom Title
    What a wonderful week for Daisuke and his fans.

Banned

Custom Title
    Thank You ^^

Page 12 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 ... LastLast