Daisuke Takahashi | Page 121 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
a) When and how did you get drowned with Daisuke/his skating? Or, if you had known him already and never liked him before, but came to admire him, then, at which point/program(s) have you changed your mind?

I am a post-Sochi fan, though I knew of his existence post-Vancouver. At that time, however, I heard more about Mao than about him so I never really thought of digging deeper. Sadly I missed him in the Sochi men’s short program but saw Hanyu’s. It wasn’t until I watched Dai’s Beatles Medley that I fell completely in love and all at once. It was very easy to spot the flaws in his program, but he had skated to it so beautifully and that smile at the end was enough to give me the chills. I wasn’t an expert on the sport and still am not, but when something you watch gives you the chills, there is no doubt that you will never forget it.

b) Pick up three performances of Daisuke for you: e.g. that are the best to you, most memorable to you, you got most mesmerized with, or from competition(s) you've attended/watched live, etc. You may also pick up three worst programs, even three night-marish costumes if you like. Just anything will do, as long as you have reasons, good memories or stories to share with us all!

Blues for Klook. Prior to watching his WTT performance, I had never bothered to listen to blues music. Just the thought of it would have sent me to sleep right away. That being said, I was blown away by his interpretation of the music on ice. I didn’t know someone could use his body in such a way. It was so smooth, especially that first triple axel he did in front of the judges. I’m pretty sure my mouth was wide opened when I saw that.

Swan Lake (Hip Hop version). I’m not a fan of the costume but boy was this program so fun to watch. Who knew one could mix ballet and hip hop like this? I’m still waiting for another skater to do a program like this, but I wonder if it will happen ever again.

Luv Letter. It’s my favorite exhibition program from him. The music is already a beautiful piece and when you pair it with his skating, it becomes a masterpiece in my humble opinion.

Picking three is so difficult. I love all of his programs. A lot of them didn't appeal to me at first, but I learned to love them over time.

c) What's your image that instantly comes to your mind when watching Dai/his skating?

Musical notes. It just feels like he’s writing music on the ice.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thank you so much for your posts, ioanap, jimeonji and chasingpolaris. Great reads indeed, I enjoyed them a lot! :)
Will write mine later, give me a couple of more days, pls.

Less than a week till X'mas on Ice! I've heard a couple of rumors some witnessed Dai practiced at Chukyo rink (Mao's home rink) and there's (or are) programs(s) Dai and Mao will skate together. ;)

Here's its casts: http://www.xmasonice.com/cast/#gNav
So nice to see Kristoffer Berntsson among them. I am sure Ber-run is gonna get huge love at these shows, because back in 2007 he had great skate to Saturday Night Fever at Tokyo Worlds and received a standing ovation from Japanese audience! :rock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO8aHvBPgX8

Alba

Record Breaker
I loved him so much, and I love all his programs. BUT, the Swan Lake and Blues for Klook are just OH BOY!
So beautiful and sooooo SEXY!:love:

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
Thank you so much for your posts, ioanap, jimeonji and chasingpolaris. Great reads indeed, I enjoyed them a lot! :)
Will write mine later, give me a couple of more days, pls.

Less than a week till X'mas on Ice! I've heard a couple of rumors some witnessed Dai practiced at Chukyo rink (Mao's home rink) and there's (or are) programs(s) Dai and Mao will skate together. ;)

Here's its casts: http://www.xmasonice.com/cast/#gNav
So nice to see Kristoffer Berntsson among them. I am sure Ber-run is gonna get huge love at these shows, because back in 2007 he had great skate to Saturday Night Fever at Tokyo Worlds and received a standing ovation from Japanese audience! :rock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO8aHvBPgX8

Man, I really hope the rumors are true. Mao and Dai are two of my favorites so seeing them skate together would just be beyond amazing. I love them and their friendship <3

deedee1

Record Breaker
What nicest X'mas presents to non-Japanese speaking fans of Dai in the world! Thanks a million, matmuh and its uploader, for the link. :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i just saw it on fb and simply shared it, cant compare with user who translated and uploaded,i wanted to watch it for a long time but as you said its hard for non- japanese fans, and its so fun to watch two of them together, you can tell they are really close. and omg that story at 4CC they left dai when they were going out to dinner :laugh2:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
TV Asahi's late night sports show NeoSport just showed a clip about Christmas on Ice tonight. :D I'm so happy for the Dai/Mao collab!

(And I'm a little annoyed that the coverage focuses on Mao, when in fact Dai was the one who revived XOI. Not annoyed with Mao of course, just the way Japanese media decided to handle promotions for the show.)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^The way I see it is that Mao is a headliner with Dai and the more publicity the better for the show.

Thanks for all the updates!