Daisuke Takahashi | Page 123 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
deedee1, I was so surprised to see Nikolai and his daughter in the cast. I can't wait for the full broadcast to see what their program is like. I bet Dai roped him into doing this somehow, haha.

ioanap, Thanks for the translation. This confirms what I heard during the short clips of him and Mao. Whatever he decides to do, as long as he's happy with his choice, then that's all.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
^Akiko is too classy to be the third wheel Imo. But Dai and Kenji...lol

hah, now I'm picturing Akiko during the rehearsal standing there like 'why am I even here?'. I agree though, I don't feel that much actual chemistry between Dai and Akiko or Dai and Mao.

According to DTRtS, Dai feels no connection to competitive skating anymore and he is ready to move on to the next chapter of his life :)

That at once makes me sad for myself and happy for him. I still hope that he ends up coaching but if he needs to separate from skating for a while then more power to him.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
IMO Dai could skate with a tree and there would be chemistry, that is how good of an actor he is.
When skating with Akiko and Kenji he amped s*****chemistry to full throttle on the other hand
the program he is skating with Mao in XOI is very family friendly since it is a Christmas show.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm probably in the minority but I don't find any chemistry between Dai and Akiko. Practically laughed my entire way through their awkward Libertango collaboration while everyone was saying how hot it was. Lol. At least with Mao, I can see the awkwardly cute interactions.

Dai and Kenji on the other hand....that's a different story. :laugh2:

I agree with you. Akiko is a cute girl, but I didn't get any sparks from that tango whatsoever. Dai and Kenji...now that was hot! :eek:::slink: I think he and Mao have great chemistry too, though.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
^ I really wonder how Dai and Kenji came up with the idea of skating together. I thank whoever suggested this. That practice session must have been priceless as well because there is no way they could have kept their laughter to themselves. :biggrin:

yhmafan

Medalist
maybe you have seen this before, sorry if you have but Daisuke Takahashi Kenji's Room with english subtitles

Thank you for the link. I love it.
I sometimes burst into laughter. especially at 7:45 :laugh:

And then at 11:30
Dai : Are you amaeta?
Kenji : Do I ? Am I “Amaeta” ? Are you a baby to others?
Dai : Yeah, I am amaeta.
Kenji : So am I. What’s this conversation? :laugh2:
Dai : I don’t know. :rofl:

cdngirl

On the Ice
Just dropping in to say that Daisuke was missed a lot today. As with all competitions this season I can't help but think of him. Somehow the Japanese Nationals, without him, were tougher than the other competitions. At least we have Art on Ice to look forward to.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I feel so sad. First Dai then Tatsuki :cry: I hope Tatsuki will have shows with Dai in the future.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
Thank you everyone for posting all the videos, they're really lovely! Galas like this feel really magical to me for some reason, they just really make me love figure skating even more.

jimeonji

Final Flight
oh my goodness! I had to watch it with a hand over my mouth because I couldn't handle the cute. Do we know how old he was?
Not sure - probably soon after he started skating, so around 8 or 9.

Here are some more from the same youtube channel:
Rocky SP from 1999 Triglav Trophy, his first international competition, where he won the novice men's gold
Lawrence of Arabia SP from sometime before 2001-2002 season - he was maybe 14 or 15.

cdngirl

On the Ice
I was thinking the same, and I am also going to Art on ice :love: :love: :love: Can't wait, it's gonna be so exciting !!!

I'm so happy for you AnastasiaO and I look forward to your report on the show when you have the time. Please give an extra round of applause from the rest of us!