Daisuke Takahashi | Page 124 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Dai was on this New Year's sports special (?) that aired just now. He performed the second step sequence from La Strada and they make him to some fun stuff lol.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

I love how easy it was for him to clear (almost!) everything and that the only thing he didn't exactly clear was tying a necktie while doing the StSq. I figured he'd fail in this one LOL (I'm not even confident that he can do his own necktie!) But the mistake was some sort of close shave anyway, so I still like to think he cleared everything. ^^ (I mean would normal people be able to tie their neckties while skating?)

I also loved the final task--he showed such great edge control. And it was eons better than his challenge last year where he had to skate through pins and cleared it only after 7 tries. XD

Wo|flax

Final Flight
Dai was on this New Year's sports special (?) that aired just now. He performed the second step sequence from La Strada and they make him to some fun stuff lol.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

lmao poor Daisuke, first they make him skate through half a rink of bowling pins now this. It's good to see him have fun and be awesome. Made me rewatch La Strada for the billionth time and it's just watching masterclass every time he skates.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

omg!! i loved it, poor daisuke trying so hard to tie the necktie, i laughed the most watching it:laugh: i dont know how skaters train, i am sure they all try different methods but everyone try to add these kind of things to their training, it wouldnt be just training but some sort of relaxing and enjoying skating more as well i think :laugh:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
lol that sausage almost made me gag. This was super fun though, I'm so impressed he managed to do all that and it's so great to see him have fun <3

Fumie Suguri actually tweeted about the sausage eating challenge while doing the camel spin--she said (rough translation): 'Dai-chan, you were doing the camel spin while eating the fish sausage but when you finished it you were doing the cross spin'. It was true haha but the rules weren't exactly clear-cut so I guess the network considered the challenge cleared. :cheer:

And the slow-mo replays were epic xD Especially the one where he was supposed to serve a glass of cocktail drink (looks more like orange juice to me hahaha) after spinning. Awesome control! and his reaction when the glass came off the tray, too cute xD

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
I almost feel like like they invited him onto the show to torture him, haha. But of course he is impressive, as always. :dance:

firal

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting that! He looked so happy doing these unthinkable tasks, must be a lot of fun!

altuixde

On the Ice
When Dai was skating through a field of pins, the challenge was called "Dream Offer." Did he win something for successfully skating through them?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Fumie Suguri actually tweeted about the sausage eating challenge while doing the camel spin--she said (rough translation): 'Dai-chan, you were doing the camel spin while eating the fish sausage but when you finished it you were doing the cross spin'. It was true haha but the rules weren't exactly clear-cut so I guess the network considered the challenge cleared. :cheer:
And the slow-mo replays were epic xD Especially the one where he was supposed to serve a glass of cocktail drink (looks more like orange juice to me hahaha) after spinning. Awesome control! and his reaction when the glass came off the tray, too cute xD
Fumie Suguri is still in touch with Dai? I am surprised, someone has said no skater keeps in touch with her due to her difficult personality.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Fumie Suguri is still in touch with Dai? I am surprised, someone has said no skater keeps in touch with her due to her difficult personality.

It remains to be seen, but if you clicked on the link to her tweet, it was just her watching the show on TV and commenting about it.

Pattina

On the Ice
Thanks for posting videos!! Dai cracking up when judge says "no" to the necktie challenge is priceless!! He really had a great time!! And judging by laughing of commentators, he was witty and funny (I guess, as I do not know Japanese) as usual.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
judging by the google translations Daisuke was in Tokyo to open a rink. Does anyone know the gist of what he's talking about when he's being interviewed?

He talked about the recent dating rumor of his and clarified that it was all a misunderstanding. He is currently single. The woman who was pictured in the article with him was just a staff member for XOI. He was also asked about his relationship with Mao and he said that Mao also has the freedom to choose whoever she wants to date. He brought up that they were once told by a fortune teller (might have been the palm reading done post-Vancouver) that their personalities clash. He did say that while he didn't have any romantic feelings for Mao during XOI practice, he thinks she's really cute and mentions how grown up she is now from his POV. When asked about romance/marriage, he answered that he won't be thinking about it for the next 3-4 years because he needs to focus on himself first.

Last edited: