Daisuke Takahashi | Page 126 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
How serious is Daisuke´s knee injury?

Serious. Dai-chan's problems with his jumps the past two seasons were due to his knee which
caused other injuries as well. He was asked recently his thoughts on Mao's return to competition
and he wished her cheers but as for himself he said there was zero chance of his return.

Last edited:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Serious. Dai-chan's problems with his jumps the past two seasons were due to his knee which
caused other injuries as well. He was asked recently his thoughts on Mao's return to competition
and he wished her cheers but as for himself he said there was zero chance of his return.

Thank you. I don´t know much, but isn´t dance really demanding too? Won´t he be risking injury again?

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Thank you. I don´t know much, but isn´t dance really demanding too? Won´t he be risking injury again?

I don't think Dai wants to become a professional dancer which as you say is very demanding. Many people study the art of dance
for self fulfillment. I think maybe that is his path.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States

yes, if he does ballet (the jumps). Landing wrong can get you in all kinds of pain (ankles and knees). However, if he sticks to modern, contemporary, or hiphop, not so many jumps - more body.

I wish him the best and this seems like a good move.

yhmafan

Medalist
Apparently his current dream girl is Kavka Shishido (her real name is Yuna Shishido 宍戸祐名)-Yuuna Shishido is the right pronunciation though-and
She is a fashion model also a singer&drummer. Daisuke has said that at the publishing event of his autobiography.
And seems that he is planning to do a language study abroad in America in the near future :yay:

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Ordering his book today! It's at a very reasonable price here in Japan seeing as it includes a DVD.
It's great to see so much of Daisuke again on TV. :biggrin:
It's so cute how he says he was always trying to compete with Mao for the spotlight. :hopelessness: He calls her an angel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajCrhlN1y10

Thanks for the link! Daisuke looks refreshed and relaxed. Wondering why he said he was always trying to compete with Mao for the spotlight when they could always share. ;)

May we also know what Daisuke said about Yuzuru in the interview? Thanks in advance!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link! Daisuke looks refreshed and relaxed. Wondering why he said he was always trying to compete with Mao for the spotlight when they could always share. ;)

May we also know what Daisuke said about Yuzuru in the interview? Thanks in advance!

I think others can explain this better than me, but I'll give it a try...
Ladies figure skating had been popular in Japan for a long time already but it was Takahashi who really brought men's figure skating into public notice. He was quite conscious of the empty seats during the men's competitions when he started out and I'm not sure why, but he always seems to be battling insecurity about his public appeal. He's probably only half serious about competing with Mao for the spotlight though. Having many people like his skating means a great deal to him.

He has written a little bit about Hanyu in his book (but I don't know exactly what it is) and the reporter asked him if Hanyu was a factor in his retirement. (not a word for word translation)
He said: I think he was. I can't say he wasn't. I wanted to say he wasn't but I can't.
He had such momentum and such quick growth that it shook me.
Interviewer: Shook you in what sense?

Yabai nanka Yabai! (there is no direct translation for this but can mean 'danger', or 'Oh no', or 'Uh Oh')
Hanyu has the power to command the atmosphere of a place. And he's probably number one in the world right now. I want him to keep going and going.
What is the difference between you?
My face is a bit Latin in style and Yuzu has a very fresh faced look. And styles (also different).

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I think others can explain this better than me, but I'll give it a try...
Ladies figure skating had been popular in Japan for a long time already but it was Takahashi who really brought men's figure skating into public notice. He was quite conscious of the empty seats during the men's competitions when he started out and I'm not sure why, but he always seems to be battling insecurity about his public appeal. He's probably only half serious about competing with Mao for the spotlight though. Having many people like his skating means a great deal to him.

He has written a little bit about Hanyu in his book (but I don't know exactly what it is) and the reporter asked him if Hanyu was a factor in his retirement. (not a word for word translation)
He said: I think he was. I can't say he wasn't. I wanted to say he wasn't but I can't.
He had such momentum and such quick growth that it shook me.
Interviewer: Shook you in what sense?

Yabai nanka Yabai! (there is no direct translation for this but can mean 'danger', or 'Oh no', or 'Uh Oh')
Hanyu has the power to command the atmosphere of a place. And he's probably number one in the world right now. I want him to keep going and going.
What is the difference between you?
My face is a bit Latin in style and Yuzu has a very fresh faced look. And styles (also different).

Thanks! Kudos to Daisuke for being so frank. Interesting that he thought he looks a bit Latin. I'd say his skating with its nonpareil expressiveness is more than a bit Latin.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Thank you newbiespectatr.

Maybe "Yabai nanka yabai!" could be meaning like "Alert! Alert!"?

I hope Dai´s words don´t feed the fan wars. And I think that when he said "Yabai nanka yabai!" if Daisuke was healthy he would have decide to keep fighting, but his knee didn´t allow him to upper his TES, and watching the Jr and Seniors this year getting more idfficult layouts and jumps is the trend.

Interspectator

Record Breaker

Maybe "Yabai nanka yabai!" could be meaning like "Alert! Alert!"?

I hope Dai´s words don´t feed the fan wars. And I think that when he said "Yabai nanka yabai!" if Daisuke was healthy he would have decide to keep fighting, but his knee didn´t allow him to upper his TES, and watching the Jr and Seniors this year getting more idfficult layouts and jumps is the trend.

I think the fans will be ok with this. Daisuke shares a lot of his feelings in his interviews, and he has many feelings to share. It is what makes him so lovable.

ioanna

Record Breaker
if Daisuke was healthy he would have decide to keep fighting, but his knee didn´t allow him to upper his TES, and watching the Jr and Seniors this year getting more idfficult layouts and jumps is the trend.
No, he specified many times the knee injury played a minor part in his decision to retire and he simply just lacked the motivation to compete. He's had motivation problems since the second part of the 2012-2013 season and he made no secret of it.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
No, he specified many times the knee injury played a minor part in his decision to retire and he simply just lacked the motivation to compete. He's had motivation problems since the second part of the 2012-2013 season and he made no secret of it.

Motivation may have factored into his decision to retire and you are right he brushes off his knee injury to the media, but
his knee injury was at the top of the list. Dai-chan has always tried to keep details of his health private.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Motivation may have factored into his decision to retire and you are right he brushes off his knee injury to the media, but
his knee injury was at the top of the list. Dai-chan has always tried to keep details of his health private.

I know his injury has always been much more serious than he made it seem but I believe that even if he didn't have the injury he would have still retired when he did.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The book reached me today! Fans of Daisuke will be very pleased at the sheer amount of photos in this photo book. Soooo many photos of Daisuke just being himself. He seems to have really latched onto the hanging of sweaters around his neck. (these sweaters are actually just for wearing around the neck.) :laugh2:
The DVD was not very long...only 35 minutes or so, and had lots of shots of Daisuke eating things, and choosing photos and posing for the camera on location. There were also great shots of him working with choreographers for his various competitive programs.
He writes very candidly about himself and his emotions (as expected from Dai) I haven't read the whole thing yet, but it almost seems as if I'm reading a 'Dear Diary' book. Sometimes it can get a bit uncomfortable, as he is so very honest. All in all, a must have for Dai-fans. :points:

ioanna

Record Breaker
^ Thank you for the brief review, Newbiespectator. I'm not surprised to know he was very honest in his book, he's always been this way. It's very difficult for me to get his book and I probably wouldn't understand much of it so it's good to read other fans' reviews.