Daisuke Takahashi | Page 128 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Seruleane

Final Flight
Daisuke will always remain my favorite male skater! I hope he knows how much joy he brought to those of us watching him perform! I only regret not seeing him compete live...will have to get a ticket to one of his performance shows, I guess.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Kenji-san has choreographed a new program with Dai: http://ameblo.jp/kenjimiyamoto/entry-11983105443.html

A brief translation:

I choreographed for Dai-chan.
Even with the simplest movements, he captivated everyone and had them staring.
As expected/Indeed.

I can't wait to find out more details about this program. It will probably be for AOI since that is coming up soon, and Dai said he won't be skating to Time To Say Goodbye there.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Dai is so hard on himself. Thank you for sharing and thanks to the translator!

ioanna

Record Breaker
Newbiespectator, thank you for sharing the translation. I'm not surprised to read any of the details he's written but at the same time I admire him for being honest with everybody. He never hides anything from his fans so it's good that he got some closure and relief by sharing his most sincere thoughts.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
A friend of mine is translating parts if 2000 days. I'm really not good enough to do it. Enjoy.
http://ice-kingfisher.tumblr.com/post/109573249748/2000-days-part-1

I know this is a pretty 'miserable' start to the book, but this is Daisuke's way of 'getting it all out there'. From here he can launch out to greater things with a lighter heart. :)

Thank you for posting the translating and thank you to your friend for doing all that work! Nothing I'm reading is really that surprising to me, sadly. He's always been very hard on himself and seems to suffer from one hell of an inferiority-complex. Such a shame, he's so amazing and has done so much for the sport, I wish he could see it.

cdngirl

On the Ice
Thank you! I think my heart broke when he talked about Worlds '12. I wish I could give him that gold medal. :cry:

I absolutely agree with you. I'm sure the whole world agrees that Daisuke should have won the gold so I hope he realizes how the fans of the sport felt that year, too. I still remember the outrage of the British commentators so I know we're not alone in feeling this way. Nor is Dai.

Thank you Newbiespectator for providing the translations.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Dai has arrived in Switzerland for his last shows at Art On Ice. via DTRtS

Hello everyone!
It's been a most exciting day today. Rehearsal was great and funny. During the time that the press was allowed into rehearsal They were rehearsing a group number on "Men Eater".
This is a pretty sexy number with the ice dancers, Lambiel, Joannie Rochette and Daisuke. Daisuke is paired with Rochette, in this very sexy number where she grabs him by the hair, kicks him get on top of him.... Well, enough now, it's getting too hot already.
The guy in charge the press, introduced the show to us (The Press) by saying that they have had this show for 20 years, but he said: " This year everything is different because Daisuke is here and he makes everything so special . We've had huge interest in the show this time, and so many requests from all over and from Japan. He is a unique skater, so different from everyone else. He is the whole package and besides, he is such a nice person, which makes a true champion."
This was said "officially", to the press as the introducion to the show.... That's pretty big. We felt so proud. You can tell they really love to have him and that they have a HUGE respect for him.
Everybody is so much in awe of Daisuke.
This the Japanese people must know, and be proud of!!!!!
We certainly are!!! heart emoticon
More tomorrow, but very, very late as we have the show and the after-show party right after that at around 23:30. Hopefully Daisuke will be there.

And a pic from rehearsal
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9COMFoIcAEw0um.jpg:large

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you, everyone, for the links to the translation of 2000 Days. I appreciate how honest Dai is about his journey, even the negative experiences and emotions. Regardless of how tough the road was for him, how injuries, age, motivation, or judging got in his way, I thought Dai always performed from the heart and for the audience.

I'm sad he will be leaving skating for the foreseeable future, it seems to be the right choice for him considering his current feelings.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I absolutely agree with you. I'm sure the whole world agrees that Daisuke should have won the gold so I hope he realizes how the fans of the sport felt that year, too. I still remember the outrage of the British commentators so I know we're not alone in feeling this way. Nor is Dai.
Thank you Newbiespectator for providing the translations.
sigh... I still remember that outrage. :cry:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I hate that I couldn't afford a trip to Switzerland. I always hoped to see Daisuke live one day and to miss out when he was so close to home, is heartbreaking. I can only blame myself because I'm too poor. He looks beautiful. Breathtakingly so. Oh Daisuke....