Daisuke Takahashi | Page 130 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

cdngirl

On the Ice
Sean used to skate himself, too.

If Dai is going to come to the US for a year I absolutely hope he will somehow find a way to collaborate with Sean...or make an appearance on SYTYCD...I know, in my dreams. But hey, Emanuel Sandhu was on SYTYCD, so was Gev Manoukian (skating in Art on Ice right now)...it could happen!

I don't think I'd call "Maneater" all that racy, but I don't like it much either...the guys barely do any skating!

I didn't know Sean used to skate so thanks for that news Gallavich. Sean obviously has a connection to skating so a collaboration with Daisuke just might happen one day.

Newbiespectator, don't feel bad. You don't have to love all of the choreography for everything Daisuke skates to. Each individual has their own tastes. I think the choreography for Maneater is a North American style so perhaps you aren't used to that kind of movement. I just love watching Daisuke skate and I think if he skated to my least favourite song on the planet I would still love watching him skate no matter what he was doing on the ice.

aqua70

Rinkside
ITA with you. The choreography looks racier than it actually is. During 1 viewing, I thought they were doing the chereo for Janet Jackson's "If." :) But it looks like they could have used more time to get it down & gotten rid of some of the extra dancers & added more skaters. As it is, it looked pretty good... and adult, which is refreshing.

Sorry, my fingers got the best of me; I did mean that the chereo wasn't that racy. The perils of answering posts after work. GRRRR!

As for a collaboration between Sean & Daisuke, that would be really good. FYI: he also helped Florent with his programs this season. http://instagram.com/p/pw3uXUkv5l/

cdngirl

On the Ice
Sorry, my fingers got the best of me; I did mean that the chereo wasn't that racy. The perils of answering posts after work. GRRRR!

As for a collaboration between Sean & Daisuke, that would be really good. FYI: he also helped Florent with his programs this season. http://instagram.com/p/pw3uXUkv5l/

Thank you for the news about Florent and Sean. It gives me more hope that Sean will think of Daisuke in the future if there's an appropriate project he's working on. Don't worry about your previous post. I understood what you meant.

A belated thank you to Newbiespectator for supplying the latest translation.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Daisuke will be featured in the CM for Studio Ghibli's Blu-ray and DVD release of "When Marnie Was There". He will be skating to a Miyamoto Kenji choreographed piece with the song "Fine On The Outside" by Priscilla Ahn.

The CM will be released in the middle of March.

Dai mentioned that he always liked the world of Studio Ghibli and that he feels honored to be part of a project like this. Parts of the theme song's lyrics resonate with him so he wants to express that in his skating.

When he was watching the ending of the film, he could feel his tears naturally coming. It made him feel like he should like himself more, like there was something patting his back. <-- Not entirely sure of my own translation. Please enlighten if you know.

Source: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2048550/full/?ref_cd=tw_pic

Oh my, he looks great in that picture. :love:

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
It's 4 AM in my part of the world and I'm finally back home from AOI. Before I fall into bed, can I just quickly sleepwalk my way through a few sentences and say how truly awesome this was?!?! I basically went there last minute because who knows how many more chances I might get to ever see him live. I spent an outrageous amount of money on this one-day trip and my car hates me now - worth it. I even forgive them for putting him in that weird costume. I honestly couldn't have cared less what he's wearing because, ugh, omg, gorgeous! (k, truth be told, I probably would've cared had he been one of the Speedo skaters)

I spent some more money on that silly program folder that doesn't even give any information worth mentioning :laugh: oh well. Has this been posted anywhere before? I'm too lazy to check. If not and anybody wants to see the pic, I can scan it some time this weekend.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It's 4 AM in my part of the world and I'm finally back home from AOI. Before I fall into bed, can I just quickly sleepwalk my way through a few sentences and say how truly awesome this was?!?! I basically went there last minute because who knows how many more chances I might get to ever see him live. I spent an outrageous amount of money on this one-day trip and my car hates me now - worth it. I even forgive them for putting him in that weird costume. I honestly couldn't have cared less what he's wearing because, ugh, omg, gorgeous! (k, truth be told, I probably would've cared had he been one of the Speedo skaters)

I spent some more money on that silly program folder that doesn't even give any information worth mentioning :laugh: oh well. Has this been posted anywhere before? I'm too lazy to check. If not and anybody wants to see the pic, I can scan it some time this weekend.

So glad you had fun!! Do tell us more when you've recovered. :biggrin:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

It must have been great to see Daisuke skating live. :) Yes I am interested to see the pic after you have rested Pamina.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I guess my scanner hates me even more than my car (although I don't know why, I'm always very nice to my computer equipment) but I still managed to scan that AOI program pic
The text basically just says that he won this and that competition. And that after they'd announced that he'd be part of AOI 2015, they had a ton of ticket orders from Japan like they had never seen before.

I saw some fans waving banners on my side of the rink and I saw some "Disk" flags on the other side. And I heard some girls screaming his name. Japanese fans really follow through. I'm not sure I'd fly half way around the globe for an ice show. (and people call me crazy for basically spending a day on the road just to see a few hours of skating)

Looking at the videos, I probably shouldn't have liked Turn Off The Light. But he honestly looked like he was having fun! And if someone skates like this and sells a program like that - I don't think it's a stretch to say that this combination will always win me over pretty quickly. But I'll admit that I liked Primavera Portena better. That was just really so, so beautiful, omg. I'm still so very bad at describing why I like some skaters more than others. Some of them are just special and I look at their skating differently because something seems to set them apart from all the rest.

I'm still operating on some major sleep deprivation, so forgive me if I stopped making sense like three paragraphs ago :biggrin: (btw, is it weird that I can recognize skaters in the dark only by their silhouette? I'm starting to think my friends are right: I might need an intervention)

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
[FONT=&]I guess my scanner hates me even more than my car (although I don't know why, I[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]m always very nice to my computer equipment) but I still managed to scan that AOI program pic[/FONT]
[FONT=&]The text basically just says that he won this and that competition. And that after they[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]d announced that he[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]d be part of AOI 2015, they had a ton of ticket orders from Japan like they had never seen before. [/FONT]

[FONT=&]I saw some fans waving banners on my side of the rink and I saw some "Disk" flags on the other side. And I heard some girls screaming his name. Japanese fans really follow through. I[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]m not sure[/FONT][FONT=&] I'd fly half way around the globe for an ice show. (and people call me crazy for basically spending a day on the road just to see a few hours of skating)[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Looking at the videos, I probably shouldn[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]t have liked Turn Off The Light. But he honestly looked like he was having fun! And if someone skates like this and sells a program like that - I don[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]t think it[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]s a stretch to say that this combination will always win me over pretty quickly. But I[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]ll admit that I liked Primavera Portena better. That was just really so, so beautiful, omg. I[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]m still so very bad at describing why I like some skaters more than others. Some of them are just special and I look at their skating differently because something seems to set them apart from all the rest.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]I[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]m still operating on some major sleep deprivation, so forgive me if I stopped making sense like three paragraphs ago :biggrin: (btw, is it weird that I can recognize skaters in the dark only by their silhouette? I[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]m starting to think my friends are right: I might need an intervention)[/FONT]

I don't think you're crazy. And everything you say makes so much sense. I also understand the japanese fans that came for Daisuke. It may also be that some of them live in Europe and took the chance to see him. If I had the financial means I would have gone. But Switzerland is expensive. I just couldn't afford it, but I'm happy you got to see him. I swear I will too....one day.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
[FONT=&]I guess my scanner hates me even more than my car (although I don't know why, I[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]m always very nice to my computer equipment) but I still managed to scan that AOI program pic[/FONT]
[FONT=&]The text basically just says that he won this and that competition. And that after they[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]d announced that he[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]d be part of AOI 2015, they had a ton of ticket orders from Japan like they had never seen before. [/FONT]

[FONT=&]I saw some fans waving banners on my side of the rink and I saw some "Disk" flags on the other side. And I heard some girls screaming his name. Japanese fans really follow through. I[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]m not sure[/FONT][FONT=&] I'd fly half way around the globe for an ice show. (and people call me crazy for basically spending a day on the road just to see a few hours of skating)[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Looking at the videos, I probably shouldn[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]t have liked Turn Off The Light. But he honestly looked like he was having fun! And if someone skates like this and sells a program like that - I don[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]t think it[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]s a stretch to say that this combination will always win me over pretty quickly. But I[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]ll admit that I liked Primavera Portena better. That was just really so, so beautiful, omg. I[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]m still so very bad at describing why I like some skaters more than others. Some of them are just special and I look at their skating differently because something seems to set them apart from all the rest.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]I[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]m still operating on some major sleep deprivation, so forgive me if I stopped making sense like three paragraphs ago :biggrin: (btw, is it weird that I can recognize skaters in the dark only by their silhouette? I[/FONT][FONT=&]'[/FONT][FONT=&]m starting to think my friends are right: I might need an intervention)[/FONT]

Thanks Pamina! Daisuke looks good in the picture in turtleneck. And yes, he is definitely one special skater. :)

I swear I will too....one day.

Same here.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Thanks guys for sharing. Watching him like this, oh he is so gorgeous. I even like his costume, sorry. I miss him so much though. Figure Skating Competitions have lost a lot of its appeal without Daisuke for me. Nothing and noone compares to him or will ever get close. *sigh*

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks a lot for all the updates, everyone! :)

Dai's last performance(2/14/15) of Turn Off the Light in Davos. Excellent quality fan video, you can see
Dai-chan up close and personal. Fabulous performance! Thank you izayukam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaczKbXEdCk&feature=youtu.be

:love: :love:
Agreed with demarinis and MaiKatze.
It's soooo nice to see him skate like this in Davos! And even a soothing/curing process to me as a fan in a way; I mean, I feel quite relieved personally, after we all having seen him struggling with numerous injuries and various motivatioal reasons in the last 2 seasons going into Sochi, that Dai is flying over the ice with no hesitation, so freely as he feels the music, and is spinning as its music demands without worring about levels anymore. No one plays the music with his whole body and blade work as Dai does, no one exudes passion on ice as Dai does for me really. Very glad to see Dai seems to enjoy these shows in Switzerland and have great time with other world top skaters. :) Hopefully he gets invited by AOI again next year. :yes: Sad to admit, though, that competitions without Dai in particular but also Brian, Tomas, Karo, Akiko, Mao, Nobu, etc. are not the same anymore to me;;;;