Daisuke Takahashi | Page 135 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

aqua70

Rinkside
He looks very handsome. :) Wish the same for him.

He does indeed. I remember commenting when he started his Instagram account that he has become quite the shutterbug, and he certainly was that in this video CM. Love the concept of his taking shots of people's smiles. He has certainly made me smile a lot of times when watching his programs.

ITA. What also impressed me was how personable he was with everyone he met. He seemed genuinely interested in each person. I know why, but I thought that he once described himself as shy (?), but you see no sign of that in the CM.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ITA. What also impressed me was how personable he was with everyone he met. He seemed genuinely interested in each person. I know why, but I thought that he once described himself as shy (?), but you see no sign of that in the CM.

i think one of the reasons of that is because he isnt known as " daisuke the figure skater" there and he can just relax, be himself and be an ordinary tourist who likes to takes pics :biggrin:

deedee1

Record Breaker

Thanks for sharing, demarinis you've made my day! :)

Ever since I saw his instagram with the sunset photo and saying '夕暮れは嫌いだ', I was worried. But in this video, his face brightens up and his smiles get bigger as the 21-day challenge project progresses. It's so nice to know Dai is having great time in NY. I feel sorry again for aa456 that Dai didn't run into her/him during this challenge project of smile-photo-shooting...
....I work two blocks away from Bryant Park....and I missed him! This is insane!!!!! :bang: :bang: :cry:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
That was great to actually know what he was saying. And good to see his face again. :)

As for shyness, I understand that. I am shy, but often people express surprise when I say that because I am able to seem quite confident when I have to. I think people expect you to be curled up in a corner not speaking if you are shy. But often you can be very socially uneasy inside whilst appearing okay to others. So I think I identify with Dai when he says that.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Content Takahashi: 'I don't have a desire to go back'
Posted 6/12/15
by Lynn Rutherford
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2015/06/12/129353190

I do not like the ambiguous wording of the subtitle: Olympic bronze medalist, former world champion regrets abrupt retirement.
The body of the article makes clear that the subtitle means only that he regrets that his retirement came about abruptly.
It does not mean that he regrets his retirement.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Glad that he is happy and I hope the quiet life will help him to find that goal he wants. I miss him, but it is nice to see that he is finding contentment away from the sport.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Content Takahashi: 'I don't have a desire to go back'
Posted 6/12/15
by Lynn Rutherford
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2015/06/12/129353190

I do not like the ambiguous wording of the subtitle: Olympic bronze medalist, former world champion regrets abrupt retirement.
The body of the article makes clear that the subtitle means only that he regrets that his retirement came about abruptly.
It does not mean that he regrets his retirement.

It's very kind of you for transcribing the context of the article (Dai's true feeling on his retirement) here and at The Edge thread. Thanks a million, as always, golden! :)

transcribe the context...did I write ok in English??? hoping you'll understand it. :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It's very kind of you for transcribing the context of the article (Dai's true feeling on his retirement) here and at The Edge thread. Thanks a million, as always, golden! :)

transcribe the context...did I write ok in English??? hoping you'll understand it. :laugh:

Hi, deedee :). In turn, I will say that it's very kind of you to post your thanks.
I hated to think that a quick glance at the misleading (IMO) subtitle could cause a false impression that might take on a life of its own by being repeated via word of mouth among DT's many fans.

(Your English always is so expressive :cool: -- often more expressive than the writing of some native speakers. In this case, I think the phrase that I would use is that I spelled out the context ;).)

deedee1

Record Breaker
ah, okay....(running to living room to pick up my oooold Longman dictionary from college).... and checking.....

spell out: v+adv, 1 to explain in a plainest or most detailed way

These easier/colloquial expressions in foreign language are something that is hard to learn sitting in an English classroom, but we hear thru daily life thus can learn naturally by living in the community, right? Goooo Daisuke! You will find countless great English teachers around you if you look around and hear them speak with curiosity. :party2::party2:

Been a while to check up my English-English dictionary. Such a lazy woman I am these days. ;) Thanks again, our sweet golden! ^^

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Interesting. And sad in a way, as you expressed. But a good opportunity.

Anyone able to translate what Taka commented that made Dai reply, 'Shut up!!!!' :laugh: