Daisuke Takahashi | Page 137 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

ioanna

Record Breaker
My PC doesn't work properly to show me right now :bang: but are these videos he is doing a Lutz and 3A at Kansai rink? Just made my day if it's true. :love::love:
Yes he's jumping a clean 3Lz but he stepped out of and eventually fell on his 3A. Very good attempt, though!

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Shoma Uno, who this season debuted on the GP series and achieved his first victory at TEB and progressed to the GPF, is his “kohai” at the same management company. About Uno, who regards Takahashi as the skater he admires [the most], he said “He’s also an athlete who has had rapid growth. The way he uses his body, his arms, and in the aspect of expressiveness, he’s a skater I like(/am fond of). Both in his skating and in things I have seen him in, like interviews, I think he’s really grown up from boy to adult.”

http://www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/general/2015/11/30/0008609449.shtml
I took translation from- http://shoma-uno.tumblr.com/post/134285330607/daisuke-takahashis-high-praise-for-shoma-uno

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks, TheGrandSophy. :)

what did he say? do you know?

About Mao:
現役時代に“戦友”として、フィギュア界をけん引した浅田真央(25)=中京大=についての印象を聞かれると
「彼女の中で吹っ切れた部分があるのかなと思う」と今後の活躍に太鼓判を押した。

「迷いなく進んでいる感じがする。体も絞れているし、落ち着いた表情の中に闘志がある。現役に復帰して良かったのかなと思う」
と、トップスケーターの視点で分析した。

Asked about Mao Asada, his war buddy in his competitive days who has led the sport in Japan for many years together,
"To me she seems to have got over it [whether to comeback and if it's worthy or not], on her feet again and goes her own way. Looks fit physically, calm mentally, yet competitive fire inside, thus comeback is a good decision for Mao, I think."
Takahashi, with analyzations at the top skater's viewpoint, guarantees her another great success in the sport .

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
I've found a short but very touching column about Daisuke by one of Japanese media people as below, and wanted to share it with his fans here. :)

This is a series of memorable moments in figure skating, which has become so popular in Japan especially since Shizuka's suprise win at Turin back in 2006, by picking up one photo at a time. The first column was about Mao at Sochi 2014 http://sports.yahoo.co.jp/column/detail/201511150004-spnavi, and Dai at Nats 2013 is in the latest one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

source: http://sports.yahoo.co.jp/column/detail/201512020001-spnavi
column writer: Moritaka Ohashi / 大橋護良 https://ja-jp.facebook.com/moritaka.oohashi

写真で切り取るフィギュアの記憶(3)

選手の数だけそれぞれの物語がある。笑顔、涙、怒り……こうした表情とともにこれまで多くの名場面が生まれてきた。
後世まで脳裏に刻んでおきたいフィギュアスケートの記憶を写真で切り取る。

One photo, one memory in figure skating [3]

There are many skaters come. There are many skaters gone. And each and every one of them has a story of her/his own. Smiles, tears, and angers.... accompanied with their emotions, we have witnessed countless outstanding performances full of their hearts. Let's pick up such memorable moments in figure skating with photos that will always and will forever shine in our hearts.

高橋大輔、人々の心を打った流血の演技

全身が身震いするような感覚に襲われた。高橋大輔の演技を見ていたときのことだ。彼の右手からは血が流れていた。
それでも、ビートルズ・メドレーの旋律に乗って、必死に演技を続けていく。
赤く染まった手が、図らずも曲と同化し、見る者を自身の世界に引き込んでいった。

「これが最後になるかもしれないですし、最後になってもいいという気持ちで感謝を込めて、演じました」

ケガをおしての出場だった。ソチ五輪への切符が懸かっていなければ、無理はしなかっただろう。
その影響もあり、演技にはやはり精彩がなかった。SP、FS共に挑戦した4回転はいずれも失敗した。
五輪に行けなれば引退。そう決めていた。

「終わった瞬間に『五輪はもうないんだろうな』と。僕のスケート人生で一番苦しかった全日本だと思います。
その厳しい壁を乗り越えられなかった自分自身に対して腹が立つし、悔しいです」

涙目でそう語る姿から、彼がいかにこの試合に懸けていたかを知った。結果は5位。
ただ、流血の演技は間違いなく人々の心を打った。そして翌日、彼は五輪の切符も手にしたのだった。

Daisuke Takahashi, the performance filled with bloodshed and pains that touched people's hearts

A shudder got caught of my whole body, I noticed, while I was watching the free program of Daisuke Takahashi.

His right hand was bleeding. But he kept on skating as if it was nothing. He kept on his free program rather desperately, capturing the sweet tune of Beatles medley. It was sheer coincidence, of course, but his hand in red was well matched with the music and he eventually drawed all the crowd in to his own world.

"This one might be going to be a last skate for me, I thought. So, I put all my heart and my gratitude to everyone while I was skating so that I don't feel any regret after this skate."

For Takahashi it was one tough competition due to injury. Who would have wanted to compete unless tickets to the Sochi Games were up for grabs? Affected by the injury his performance lacked his usual sparks, as most anticipated... He tried quads both in the Short and Free to no success. If he can't go to the Olympic Games, he would retire. Takahashi already made up his mind going into the Nationals.

"Right after my performance, 'No Oly Games for me probably...', I prepared myself already. This year's National is the hardest one in my whole career. I am mad with myself for I just could not let myself skate to overcome such obstacles, and how I wish I could have skated much better... "

Seeing him commenting to the media with tears in the eyes, it was obvious how in dead earnest he had showed up in the Nationals despite injuries and how badly he had wanted to skate better and grab a ticket to the Games.
He placed the fifth overall. Without a doubt, however, his bloodshed performance touched hearts of those who witnessed that night.

The next day Takahashi did capture the ticket to Sochi.

------------------------------------------------------------

eta. My husband and I were among such crowd to have witnessed Dai's FS that night. Watching it pained me badly, but he did skate so beautifully and touched my heart. I remember I watched it while breathing as less as posible, my eyes wide open and telling myself, 'it may be most likely one last competitive skate of his that you can see live, so you just won't miss any moment, will you?' I left some small reports around page 77-79 http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?36246-Daisuke-Takahashi/page79

Almost 10 days to "Christmas on Ice". To those who are going, please have a great time! :yay: and please drop some reports for his fans here. :)

Last edited:

Seruleane

Final Flight
Missing Dai so much lately. :luv17: :sad21:

I know, me too!! I think some of that for me has been seeing Shoma's amazing performances recently. I mean, I love that kid and he is awesome in his own right, but it also reminds me of Dai and makes me sad he is no longer competing... But wherever Dai is, whatever he is doing, I hope he is living life to the fullest, is happy, and knows what a great legacy he has left to the figure skating world.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh my Dai-chan! Looking good! Thanks for the video clip!

It has been such a long wait and I am looking forward to
seeing him back on the ice! :love::love:

Last edited:

aqua70

Rinkside
Love the video clip as well, especially the part where he glides on the ice on one knee! I can't wait to see what program(s) he shows at the event.

cdngirl

On the Ice
Those beautiful traces Dai paints on ice! :love:, those delayed-in-the-air jumps :love:, seeing Dai with Utako-sensei again :love: all made my day! Thanks a million, ioanna. And happily hitting my 2,000 posts here on such a special day to me personally. :)

It's so lovely to see you back here, deedee1, and I agree with everything you said. Dai looks fabulous and a special thanks to ioanna for sharing the video!