Page 139 of 155 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2321

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi

Quote Originally Posted by Pattina View Post
    Dai and Akko are so passionate and intense - they show more emotions and "tango hotness" than some competitive Ice Dancers.
    I agree! And just seeing glimpses of the tango and the jazz program already makes me dread the next competitive season. 2008-2009 felt empty without him, and I'm sure his absence will be obvious in the 2014-2015 season as well.

I am relieved, however, that he's finally getting the time off he deserves.

Report on today's show - on Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi FB page https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi

Friends on Ice 2014 08.22

Today we finally see the proper show and all the parts kept secret yesterday during rehearsal were revealed in all their splendor.

Liebertango - The whole number is great, Compared to the short version we saw yesterday, there was so much interaction between Dai and Akko. Also they did some actual dancing together.
    Dai looked pretty wild. At some point he lies on the ice just like he did in his Tango ex, while Akko stares at him. Again their together step sequences were absolutely wild. After the number is over thye go out still dancing the tango, like the best ice.dancers do.

But what everybody is waiting about in Dai's "Caravan" This program is so innovative and Dai does things with his body movements that he has never done before:
    During Caravan Dai-chan managed to fall flat on some lady
    audience .

The final number is also very well done.

Sorry for keeping it short, but it's 3 AM and I realized I must have slept 10 hours in one week!

More tomorrow!
    Description of Liebertango matches perfectly with what we get on video.

And Dai fell flat on a lady lucky lady and adorkable Dai-chan

Tripping on the Podium chasingpolaris's Avatar
    ^ Thanks for posting the report, Pattina!

I haven't had a chance to watch the videos but I did see a lot of pictures. So far everything looks very exciting and refreshing.

Too bad they probably won't air the part where he falls flat on the lady. I can already imagine his embarrassed look though.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Even if Dai goes pro, his fans will follow him everywhere I am sure. I hope he and Mao will get offer to ice show in other countries, such as Europe and North America as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Even if Dai goes pro, his fans will follow him everywhere I am sure. I hope he and Mao will get offer to ice show in other countries, such as Europe and North America as well.
    That would be excellent. I'd finally get an opportunity to see them skate live.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the clip Deedee1!!

Dai & Akko should compete against Jeff & Mao ! Star war !

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    I don't know why, but If I remember correctly, Only Miki and Shizuka have ever been invited to ice shows in Europe. What a pity because Japan has lots of talented skaters. Maybe because shows in Japan pay better? What a pity for Dai and Mao's fans in Europe and North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I don't know why, but If I remember correctly, Only Miki and Shizuka have ever been invited to ice shows in Europe. What a pity because Japan has lots of talented skaters. Maybe because shows in Japan pay better? What a pity for Dai and Mao's fans in Europe and North America.
    Dai was invited to Stars sur Glace in France in 2007 but I was always either too young or too busy to travel around for Worlds / GPs in Europe.

I'll hopefully get my chance one day.

Medalist
    omg I want video so bad! This whole show sounds great!

ioanap, thanks so much for links. Never tired of Liebertango.

It's my dream, also!! I was hoping so badly for "Opera On Ice" this year....then I read about his will to make DORON after FOI
    OK...let's hope for next year!

DTFF reported that according to some tweets Dai landed 3F and 3S succesfully in Carnival today. Well done!!

Compliation of FOI using clips from tv news (thanks to sochi dai the video-maker and DTFF for info)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJn2Sffolf0

Liebertango gif by miyu of DTFF

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/Bvta0kjCIAAyQrv.mp4

/fans self

Medalist
    And Shizuka posted this on her twitter
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bvsoy5rCcAAyLOi.jpg:large
    I was gonna say 'the heck is he wearing?' but then I saw everyone else and it seems to be a theme XD

They'd make an incredible pair if they switched to ice dance.

Page 139 of 155 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast