Page 14 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Didn't he already say he will continue until Sochi, that Sochi is his goal? I think if Daisuke really wins Gold in Sochi I will cry of happiness. But I don't think his chances are that good. Plushenko skating on home ice. Chan and Hanyu are probably gonna get better - Kozuka might even be back on form. I hope Daisuke can keep his good form and continue to land his quad/s in competition. He deserves that Gold so much, but I fear for him. So maybe another Gold Metal at Worlds if it doesn't work at the Olympics? At least one more World Champion Title before he ends his career.

Custom Title
    The thing about a skater like Takahashi is that his status in skating will not depend on whether he wins OGM. Like you, MaiKatze, I will cry (and dance!) if he wins. But several of the greatest skaters ever didn't win OGMs, including Janet Lynn, Toller Cranston, Michelle Kwan, and Kurt Browning. Browning never won a medal of any color at the Olympics, and Cranston and Lynn never even won a world championship. Daisuke is one of those magical skaters who sits at the pinnacle of the sport and probably always will, no matter what happens at Sochi.

I didn't want to imply that his status isn't legendary without the OGM. Sometimes I wonder - you know, I would've been so happy if he had landed that quad and showed them all at 2010 Olympics. He could've won, he was nearly there. But then, he would've probably retired after Worlds 2010 or right after the Olympics. I'm kind of thankful that he didn't win Gold, because I want to watch him skate! Every season! And I'm happy that we got to see many more amazing performances and there still will be more. Of course it is not THAT important if he wins, but because I think he deserves it, it makes it hard to watch when he doesn't. It makes me frustrated, because I want the title for him, especially when I think he did good. I want to see him happy and end on a high note. If it won't happen - well, then it won't. It is just wishful thinking, he already achieved so much. But it is not impossible. I still hope. He is already a World Champion and nobody can take that away.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    I didn't want to imply that his status isn't legendary without the OGM. Sometimes I wonder - you know, I would've been so happy if he had landed that quad and showed them all at 2010 Olympics. He could've won, he was nearly there. But then, he would've probably retired after Worlds 2010 or right after the Olympics. I'm kind of thankful that he didn't win Gold, because I want to watch him skate! Every season! And I'm happy that we got to see many more amazing performances and there still will be more. Of course it is not THAT important if he wins, but because I think he deserves it, it makes it hard to watch when he doesn't. It makes me frustrated, because I want the title for him, especially when I think he did good. I want to see him happy and end on a high note. If it won't happen - well, then it won't. It is just wishful thinking, he already achieved so much. But it is not impossible. I still hope. He is already a World Champion and nobody can take that away.
    You've expressed many of my feelings as well. I wanted like anything for him to win the OGM in 2010, but I started to think that as with Michelle after 1998, maybe things worked out for the best because he kept skating and growing. We would have missed out on so many wonderful programs if Daisuke had stopped skating in 2010, and I think he would have missed out on the satisfaction of progressing even more physically as he recovered from his terrible injury.

Like you, I'm not giving up hope for 2014! But whatever he accomplishes will be wonderful, and I'm grateful to have so many years of his marvelous skating.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    For that matter, and as let's talk mentioned below (about spending their husband's income to chase Daisuke around the world), these aunties would want to hide their love for young Dai from their husbands.
    That part was mentioned by Srin Odessa (#191), not by me. I personally don't know why would someone hide their fan love for this or that celebrity. The aunties have their reasons and I leave them to them.

Meanwhile Dai left a message to his fans on his Kansai University blog. He seems like in a very good and positive mood. But poor man is going to be very busy with doing laundry! Aunties, you are needed!

http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/
    (translation by Dai fan forum):

-- Thank you for your support! -- 4/25/2012

Now that World Team Trophy is over, all the competitions of this season have finished!!! Clap clap clap clap!!!! Everyone, is your glass in your hand ready!? Kampaaaaai! (CHEERS!) After the WTT I had the medical exam for all the Japanese representatives of this game, and came back to Osaka! I had so much laundry to do so I’m looking forward to doing it.(lol)

Thank you for your support for me in the WTT. I could see many D1SK towels and Japanese flags that made me soooooooooo happy. In the interview I told that I would like to jump the quads (and couldn’t take that back, LOL) I am relieved that I could.

Looking back the start of this season, I think I made some growing up this year, with going to France to learn skating and starting to learn ballet. All the people who cheered and supported me, my staff and people around me who support this sport, I truly owe a lot to you all. Let me use this space to say thank you! & Thank you so much! [in English] (to my fans overseas, David and Pasquale) I wonder how next season will be like? I will work hard steadily toward Sochi OP so please give me your support.

Thank you very much for your help to those who came to the charity event in Kobe and to those who couldn’t come but donated for the cause. Sorry for my thank you notes being late! We will send all the donated fund to Japan Red Cross. I only may be able to do a tiny little thing as a skater, but I am happy if I can make someone happy helped by the power of skate.

Now, I set out to do the laundry!

Daisuke

Custom Title
    Thanks a lot, let's talk, for the translation!

The laundry part I just can't stop loving this guy, such a sweetie!

Custom Title
    Here is a great article on Daisuke by Tatjana Flade, professional writer for Golden Skate, wrapping up his remarkable 2011-12 season and the World Team Trophy held in Tokyo recently. Enjoy!

http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/04/t...fidence-boost/

Thank you Tatjana, as always, for your great articles filled with care and affection toward this sport and its skaters in the most dignified manner!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    The thing about a skater like Takahashi is that his status in skating will not depend on whether he wins OGM. Like you, MaiKatze, I will cry (and dance!) if he wins. But several of the greatest skaters ever didn't win OGMs, including Janet Lynn, Toller Cranston, Michelle Kwan, and Kurt Browning. Browning never won a medal of any color at the Olympics, and Cranston and Lynn never even won a world championship. Daisuke is one of those magical skaters who sits at the pinnacle of the sport and probably always will, no matter what happens at Sochi.
    So true Olympia, while others have an OGM, they didn't always earn it. I would be happy to see Dai win. He is in a select group of male skaters who can manage a CoP program but move to any music choice they give him. His LP music was not my cup of tea, but he does so well. He is an artist. And he and Joubert, Verner, Plush get my admiration for how awesomely they skated at moments-Dai has age against, but just sometimes, something magical happens and the pennies fall from heaven.

May the best man win- he obviously could podium again. His dream sustains him and he is blessed with raw talent. It's pointless to get mad at the CoP. If we survive and the sport does in the coming world, we can be happy we have video of these people - please God bless youtube- Dai is art on ice-we need art to live. Desperately, we need beauty to survive. Thanks Dai for doing your best.

Thanks for sharing let's talk.

Was surprised to see some tweets from Daisuke in my timeline, he seems to be using twitter again. Maybe because the season is over and he has more time now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Thanks for sharing let's talk.

I echo that. Thanks for supplying that charming note from Daisuke. I think at this point, doing laundry would be restful for him after all the exertion of the season.

*raises water mug* Kampaaaa!

Short clip of skaters in ice show.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Kr_Q4B3B0ro

Dai has a new exhibition number choreographed by Kenji. Dai is skating to Snoop Dogg's "Sweat". I can' wait to see that video!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Short clip of skaters in ice show.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Kr_Q4B3B0ro

Dai has a new exhibition number choreographed by Kenji. Dai is skating to Snoop Dogg's "Sweat". I can' wait to see that video!
    Less than a week since WTT, and a new exhibition number??? Wow!

Searched for the music...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw5LN...eature=related

Imagining Daisuke to skate to this music, must be so cool!
    Hope someone who went to the the Prince Ice Show this weekend will be able to report here on his new number soon...fingers crossed.

I'm no fan of Snoop Dogg, but Daisuke just makes everything cool. Really, when I first hear about the music he skates to I almost always think "No!" but when I see it is ALWAYS full of awesomeness. He can do no wrong, in my book.

Page 14 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast