Daisuke Takahashi | Page 149 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I forgot about the Hawaii broadcast that will be aired soon. Can't wait. Also his ice show XMAS on Ice will be coming up
soon. :clap:

Yes, I'm excited for that one too. Does anyone know, if there have been any additions to the cast list for XOI lately? These are the ones I know of so far: Daisuke Takahashi, Akiko Suzuki, Stéphane Lambiel, Ilya Kulik, Brian Joubert, Elladj Baldé and Denis Vasiljev. I'm sure there will be a few more female skaters as well as a pairs and an ice dance team.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
That's a nice photo indeed. Unfortunately Dai doesn't use his instagram too often, so we have to rely on others to give us a glimpse of him every now and then.

Hallo MaiKatze, schön hier noch einen anderen deutschen Fan zu treffen! :)

Guten Abend! Hier treiben sich noch mehr Deutsche rum. :) Daisuke ist Nummer Eins! Für immer! :love:

Welcome synesthesia! It's great to see fellow Daisuke fans. I miss him in competition. In my heart I know he would not be able to compete and just punish/hurt his body if he tried. I want him to live a happy life in retirement. But I can't help but miss the days when he still competed. Everything was so much more exciting. Of course I still have favourites nowadays but Daisuke was special. I hope to see him at an ice show one day. One can dream.

tzazu

Medalist
Guten Abend! Hier treiben sich noch mehr Deutsche rum. :) Daisuke ist Nummer Eins! Für immer! :love:

Welcome synesthesia! It's great to see fellow Daisuke fans. I miss him in competition. In my heart I know he would not be able to compete and just punish/hurt his body if he tried. I want him to live a happy life in retirement. But I can't help but miss the days when he still competed. Everything was so much more exciting. Of course I still have favourites nowadays but Daisuke was special. I hope to see him at an ice show one day. One can dream.

Have you looked about the posibility to see him in Art on Ice? Germany is quite close to Switzerland:agree: I saw him there in 2015 , much easyer for me that Japan, and he will go there in 2017:agree2:

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Have you looked about the posibility to see him in Art on Ice? Germany is quite close to Switzerland:agree: I saw him there in 2015 , much easyer for me that Japan, and he will go there in 2017:agree2:

Yeah, I know. I wrote about wanting to go to AoI in this thread. I would've loved to see him, but in the end I couldn't afford it. I would have had to stay in a hotel, and Switzerland is not exactly around the corner from where I live. But one day, for sure. I'm glad you got to see him. That's great.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Has this been posted somewhere already? Sorry if so.
Dai will have shows next May in collaboration with the Kabuku 歌舞伎 star Somegoro Ichikawa (市川染五郎 http://www.somegoro.jp/)
http://www.kabuki-bito.jp/news/3680, http://spice.eplus.jp/articles/89845 (all in Japanese, though)

Shizuka, Akiko and Nobu will also be among cast. What's most interesting to me is Vogue Japan will be in-charge of costumes (again! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krSUEZ11w-E&list=PLSIIrglR2PH1MAwrwMdu9YAuVVwYx-ks9) :luv17:

:hap93::hap93::hap93:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Oh, I didn't know Nobu is going to take part in it as well. Awesome! Thx for the news. :rock:
This is such a different and interesting concept for an ice show! Why don't I live in Japan, dammit?

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
continued from Shoma's thread

also I am just guessing but Taka Daisuke has started pinging my radar lately, he attended lgbt pride in NY and instagrammed it proudly, the way he looks at his male co-skaters is very fishy, and the way skates is... very aesthetic and sensual :biggrin:idk

I don't think you're delusional. Dai has hinted at his sexual orientation being different from straight more than once. He often does it kinda subtly, but still noticably enough. I don't think that the bolded part has anything to do with it though. I'm sad for him and for other japanese LGTB people, that Japan is still so conservative about same-sex relationships. And it's one of the reasons why I think Yuri on Ice is doing a pretty brave thing!

But are Viktor and Yuri officially a couple though? Because there are many anime where they give a lot of yaoi fanservice making two characters shippable for fans while not actually putting them together officially. I find it annoying, but it's been a trend for as long a I've watched anime, which is like 20 years, lol. I've not watched YoI yet but I've seen some gifs here and there.

Interesting to know! I'll just say nothing about him will surprise me then if something is ever officially declared. I just hope he can be happy in life.

Spoiler alert for anyone, who hasn't watched Yuri on Ice yet!

I'm no anime expert at all, so I can't compare YoI to others of its kind myself and have to rely on more knowledgable people's in depth analyses and comparisons. Here is one.

However, it seems to be quite noteworthy, that Kubo-san has alluded to Victor's and Yuuri's "embrace" in ep. 7 having been a kiss on twitter, so I guess it's kinda official:

Translation of Kubo's tweet: "Is it just my imagination, or did it feel like this week’s episode of NigeHaji [where the main characters finally kissed] synchronized with something…?" Original source

It seems, that a lot of anime fans agree on YoI being quite revolutionary in that respect.

- end of spoiler -

To bring all of this back to Dai, if he is indeed bi/homosexual, coming out will be a very risky move for him and he might refrain from it in order to not damage his image.

What I really can't stand is how the media/journalists constantly try to pry it out of him. Latest example (2nd post "Daisuke hasn't found his "#amore" yet..."). I wish they would just stop pestering him with that question all the time. What is he supposed to answer?

Arghs, I'm sorry this got so negative, so have some cute embarrassed uncle to lighten the mood. :rofl:

Oh, and I couldn't agree more with you on just wanting him to be happy and I actually am under the impression that he is much happier at the moment than he has been in a long while. (Maybe he has indeed found his "amore". ;))

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Daisuke has a lot of female fans, heck the main fanbase (I guess 98%) is probably female. And older. I wouldn't be so quick to label him gay though, as japanese men often give a similar vibe, although they are not. I probably will never meet the guy and could care less what he does or likes romantically. He's a retired athlete, first and foremost, and whatever he does in his private life doesn't really concern me or others. He's not an idol. As I find him attractive I would be a little sad for the female population, but hey, happy for the guys! It is painful to fall in love with someone who has another sexual orientation, that horrible feeling when you don't have a chance from the start. It happened to me before. Concerning Daisuke, it won't hurt me at all as I only want him happy.

Danibellerika

Medalist
Spoiler alert for anyone, who hasn't watched Yuri on Ice yet!

I'm no anime expert at all, so I can't compare YoI to others of its kind myself and have to rely on more knowledgable people's in depth analyses and comparisons. Here is one.

However, it seems to be quite noteworthy, that Kubo-san has alluded to Victor's and Yuuri's "embrace" in ep. 7 having been a kiss on twitter, so I guess it's kinda official:

Translation of Kubo's tweet: "Is it just my imagination, or did it feel like this week’s episode of NigeHaji [where the main characters finally kissed] synchronized with something…?" Original source

It seems, that a lot of anime fans agree on YoI being quite revolutionary in that respect.

Maybe I am reading way too much into it myself, but I think that the emphasis on the romance between the two main protagonists might be a very deliberate nod towards certain people in the (japanese) figure skating scene and probably meant to help increase the acceptance of same-sex relationships in Japan. Of course YoI is just a single drop in a vast ocean, but even a single drop produces tiny ripples and that might lead to a tsunami one day...lol One can dream, right? (and now I probably sound crazy - great :palmf:)

- end of spoiler -

To bring all of this back to Dai, if he is indeed bi/homosexual, coming out will be a very risky move for him and he might refrain from it in order to not damage his image. Writing this makes me sad as hell...

What I really can't stand is how the media/journalists constantly try to pry it out of him. Latest example (2nd post "Daisuke hasn't found his "#amore" yet..."). I wish they would just stop pestering him with that question all the time. What is he supposed to answer?

Arghs, I'm sorry this got so negative, so have some cute embarrassed uncle to lighten the mood. :rofl:

Oh, and I couldn't agree more with you on just wanting him to be happy and I actually am under the impression that he is much happier at the moment than he has been in a long while. (Maybe he has indeed found his "amore". ;))

Maybe they're getting a little better, but this is still not a blatant declaration and requires all of this explanation about what it's supposed to mean. It beats around the bush. A hug is not a kiss to me. They can and do draw characters kissing. I understand it's a touchy subject (though they have yaoi (m/m), yuri (f/f), and hentai (where sometimes they aren't even human at all) anime and video games out there), and I understand Japanese can be subtle about things, but I am really just so over it, lol. Thanks for letting me know though. If they make it like a regular actual yaoi anime then I'll get on board. As it is it sounds like a lot of "almost's", and "just about's", and "practically's". I want an "absolutely". And who knows, there's still episodes left maybe they'll get there. Good for them for getting with the times.

As for Dai, I actually think he seems happier too these days. And now he has a nice show coming up to look forward to as well!

Daisuke has a lot of female fans, heck the main fanbase (I guess 98%) is probably female. And older. I wouldn't be so quick to label him gay though, as japanese men often give a similar vibe, although they are not. I probably will never meet the guy and could care less what he does or likes romantically. He's a retired athlete, first and foremost, and whatever he does in his private life doesn't really concern me or others. He's not an idol. As I find him attractive I would be a little sad for the female population, but hey, happy for the guys! It is painful to fall in love with someone who has another sexual orientation, that horrible feeling when you don't have a chance from the start. It happened to me before. Concerning Daisuke, it won't hurt me at all as I only want him happy.

Yeah it really gets me how much just knowing someone isn't of the same orientation can ruin them. I mean, no matter his orientation none of his fans wouldn't have a chance with him, lol. He'll never be mine anyway so it doesn't hurt to just admire. I think he's hott and I'll still feel that way no matter what. He is a really good performer though because that dance he did with Meryl was really hott and they were oozing chemistry even though they aren't together.

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

This. As long as you don't try hard to be someone that you're not or potray it like that than it's fine for me. Making connection between skating anime & actual skaters as well as people caring for it that much made me giggle though. I don't think it's harmful. :laugh:

Last edited:

gotoschool

Medalist

I admit I don't follow men's skating that closely but I just wanted to share my experience in seeing Daisuke skate at Ice Legends. I was really close to the ice on the end right next to one of the television cameras and he gave an impressive performance with nice jumps and wonderful footwork. I also remember the shirt hanging loose kind of like a flag flapping in a fast breeze as he skated quickly across the ice quite stylishly. His skating was free and very expressive. Then, I met him after the performance, while he was standing next to Mao. First, I came up without any introduction because I was very nervous and told Mao how much I loved her skating, and the I complimented Daisuke on how well he skated that night. Then, I remember being totally frozen when it came to trying to talk to Mao who was standing next to him. I was frustrated that after all the long posts I wrote about her that when I was standing right in front of her I was tongue-tied. I guess I was star-struck because of the combination of being a big fan of her skating, and also seeing she was so beautiful and that she shone with bright nobility. I did manage to give her a gift of some writings and drawings and ask her for a picture, though I didn't get one with Daisuke. I was honestly kind of in a daze at that moment. But, I often wonder how great it would be to be able to talk so freely with Mao as he does. It also seems that they perhaps stand close to each other to feel more comfortable when having an open meet and greet ceremony after a performance or just because they are such good friends. Another thing that amazed me is that a couple of Japanese women who had come all the way to Switzerland didn't meet Daisuke or Mao because I told them I had and they were surprised. I admit they didn't advertise their presence and I did have to look around a bit but not that much. I enjoy Daisuke's skating and remember thinking he should have won Worlds in 2012, and I am thankful that he has inspired Mao's skating as she said he did at 2010 Worlds. To be honest, I have thought how if I were in his shoes I would.... well let's just say I think it would be wonderful to be close to Mao. I am a bit embarrassed by this post, but it seems I am going to make it anyway. :eek:: I also met Carolina Kostner, Maxim Trankov and Stephan Lambiel but I was only really star struck when I met Mao. They say it is hardest to meet the person whose skating you love the most.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
when I was standing right in front of her I was tongue-tied.

We must all get like this! :laugh2: When I met Nobu at SA, I was so embarrassed that I said "Is that really you?" DUH!!!! And when I met another one of my Japanese favorites, I was going to try to say something in Japanese but found that I could barely speak English! :drama: I always enjoy your wonderful posts about Mao! I am so happy that I have seen her skate live twice now. I will never forget her programs, especially her Worlds FS! Sorry :eek:topic:Would love to see Dai in person some time!

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I was there too, gotoschool! Maybe we've even seen each other, who knows? Wasn't everyone just exquisite in that show? I felt really blessed to see those classic programs like Stephane's "Poeta", Tessa and Scott's "Carmen", Mao's "Chopin Ballade No. 1", Carolina's "Bolero" and of course Dai's "Mambo". I sat in the 3rd row, so I could see their facial expressions as well. It added so much to the experience, especially during "Le Poeme", which was basically acting on ice. About Mao, I found her to be so regal and ethereal - she was simply stunning!

Then, I met him after the performance, while he was standing next to Mao. First, I came up without any introduction because I was very nervous and told Mao how much I loved her skating, and the I complimented Daisuke on how well he skated that night. Then, I remember being totally frozen when it came to trying to talk to Mao who was standing next to him. I was frustrated that after all the long posts I wrote about her that when I was standing right in front of her I was tongue-tied.

We must all get like this! :laugh2: When I met Nobu at SA, I was so embarrassed that I said "Is that really you?" DUH!!!! And when I met another one of my Japanese favorites, I was going to try to say something in Japanese but found that I could barely speak English! :drama: I always enjoy your wonderful posts about Mao! I am so happy that I have seen her skate live twice now. I will never forget her programs, especially her Worlds FS! Sorry :eek:topic:Would love to see Dai in person some time!

I can deeply relate to this! I always get quite nervous around skaters, but especially around Dai and when I met him for the first time at Art on Ice in 2015 (I was so lucky to catch him without any other fans around) I ended up being almost completely tongue-tied and he was talking more than me. :laugh: I wanted to tell him so many things, but I just couldn't! At Ice Legends I was only able to say "Hi" and get his autograph as he was surrounded by so many adoring fans.

Arriba, he's very personable. So if you ever see him don't be afraid to approach him!

That you met Nobu is wonderful. I'd actually love to meet all of the team Japan members. They all seem like such classy and likable people!

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can deeply relate to this! I always get quite nervous around skaters, but especially around Dai and when I met him for the first time at Art on Ice in 2015 (I was so lucky to catch him without any other fans around) I ended up being almost completely tongue-tied and he was talking more than me. :laugh: At Ice Legends I was only able to say "Hi" and get his autograph as he was surrounded by so many adoring fans.

Arriba, he's very personable. So if you ever see him don't be afraid to approach him!

Dai seems like a genuinely nice guy. I am always looking for him at events, thinking that maybe he is there in a broadcasting role. I thought for sure he would be at Worlds, but no luck yet...Any time I've met any skaters (Max Aaron, Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea, Ashley Wagner, Shoma, Nobu), they have all been super nice.

Danibellerika

Medalist
I'm a press attendee for San Diego Comic Con (the biggest pop culture convention in the Americas) so I meet celebrities regularly and interview them too. I also cosplay with my best friend and there are times when they are busy complimenting us and taking pictures of us with their own cameras which always throws me for a loop, lol. I used to get star struck but then I realized they are just normal people. The same applies to skaters for me. The whole Japanese team seems really gracious. I'm in NYC enough and I would have loved to have run into Dai there and told him how much I loved his skating lol. Sasha Cohen is there too and if I ever meet her she's in for the same treatment. They will all get big fat thank you's from me for their contributions to the sport.

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Dai seems like a genuinely nice guy. I am always looking for him at events, thinking that maybe he is there in a broadcasting role. I thought for sure he would be at Worlds, but no luck yet...Any time I've met any skaters (Max Aaron, Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea, Ashley Wagner, Shoma, Nobu), they have all been super nice.

Yes, it seems that skaters are classy people in general. Stephane was very kind as well, when I approached him. Dai will most likely be at Worlds in Helsinki as he's doing commentary/reporting for Fuji TV, so you might be able to catch him there!

Last edited: